PDA

View Full Version : HELP

jordy
13-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone Im new at this,

I have just obtained a stessl edge runner and I need to learn how to catch fish. I can drive the boat, I can cast a rod, I can put a prawn on a hook but I have no idea how to catch a fish. I live in the Hawkesbury and need to know how to successfully hunt and gather.

I am currently reading postings and picking up some great help but if anyone wants to just give me advice I will happilly take it.

jeffo
13-07-2004, 07:38 AM
well mate youve come to the right place for help :D
never been to the hawkesbury but i hear its the home of XOS bream.. a good place to start sharpening your fishing skills!! all i can give you is a little insight to how we/i would fish for bream and other estuary dwellers here (sunshine coast).
for bream you have to think light for best results...a light spinning outfit, light line (about 3kg should be a good starting point) and a very light (if any at all) sinker.
you can do far worse than soaking an unwieghted prawn on a 1/0 mustad big red hook for a big breambo.
now for finding the fish.
bream like a bit of cover. oyster racks, fallen trees and rocky outcrops are a good place to start. once you have found where the fish are hanging its just a matter of a little trial and error till you come up with the goods.
your local bait and tackle shop owner is one of the best places to head for local advice!

Needmorerum
13-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey Jordy, welcome to the site, it's good to see someone else joining in to have a go. Can't give you much more help than what jeffo has given, except that I also have a bit of luck using live bait.
If somehow you do find the secret to catching fish, can you please let me know, I need all the help I can get.

Again, welcome,
Corry