PDA

View Full Version : AUSFISH PACKS

Derek Bullock
25-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Folks

After seeing all the comments on the post "Live Chat" (link below) I thought it might be useful to see just how many people would be interested in an "Ausfish Pack".

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=General;action=display;num=10878223 14

Maybe some comments on what should be included might help.

Cheers

Derek

MY-TopEnder
25-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Stupid me should have read this link before shooting off dumb questions.

Yeah count me in, i need stickers anyway so yeah i'm in.

MTpockets
25-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Like I mentioned in the other post, I think a range of packs would work well. A price range from say 10 bucks to whatever including stuff like Ausfish caps, wetsuit style stubbie coolers, 6 pack eskys, tackle boxes, boat stickers (fish and website ones) t-shirts, singlets, pennants and towels to name a few different items. Of course you wouldnt look at a full range like that yet, but a standard starters pack of say cap and t-shirt would see how popular it would be. To begin with most companies who supply this kind of thing need a minimum order to establish the screen printing, then a deal is struck on future orders. I used to get shirts screen printed for our boys end of season gift at footy breakup day, and the company I dealt with kept the stencil for next year / order. Obviously the bigger the order the cheaper it gets.
I suggest a pre-paid system to start with to get required funds, then move onto set packs from there.

I think you would be suprised how popular this idea would become, and as a gift idea for dads birthday/fathers day kids would have a ball seeing dad enjoy a gift that he actually wanted LOL.
If ever there came a time where funds to run this site become necessary, membership could then be much more attractive if the payment included a standard gift pack.
Sorry to go into so much detail, but this is my field you see, I am a professional merchandiser and this idea has a lot of potential and should not be thought of lightly.
I encourage all Ausfish members to get behind this and support your site [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
cheers
Les

moondancer
25-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Can't add much to MTPockets ideas about what to include - maybe the stickers could be of the legal measuring tape style?

As a merchandiser, MT would realize the virtue of merchandising 'consumeables - eg. at a later stage, it may be worth considering 'ausfish' packaging for everyday angling items - hooks, lures, etc. (Rex Hunt style - doesn't matter so much who actually mnakes the produxct as long as it's quality)

I'd personally be good with caps, t-shirts, maybe a special order of the UV protection style long sleeve shirts.

Maria
25-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Les,

Good work there mate - some great suggestions that I couldn't agree more with.

I'd say different packs containing different things, at different prices is the go, but as Les said, start off with something basic to test the water.

Ben

MTpockets
25-06-2004, 08:02 AM
For this poll, might I suggest one of the mods make it a sticky? That would keep it to the top and everyone will get a chance to vote.
cheers
Les

Billo
25-06-2004, 08:16 AM
I would have to say WITHOUT DOUBT !!!!

i can tell you right now , even at $100 ....i am getting a lot more value for my money each year from advice and hooking up with people to fish with / share fuel and find out whats on the bite !

add in a few tangable odds and ends and you have a BARGAIN

i already have bought stickers , caps , beanies etc and would buy more to see the site expand ( even though i am more then happy with it's current performance / structure and overall quality )

Big Thumbs up [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

In the way of possible merchandise ...anything from Jumpers , shirts , tackle boxes , heck the list could go one ....i buy the stuff everyday from all sorts of places ...the extra incentive to buy online to support the site is all good in my mind.

Wello_Pete
25-06-2004, 09:01 AM
As a long time reader but new contributor, I'm really keen to get involved. Fantastic idea, and count me in

Cheers

sharkbait
25-06-2004, 09:20 AM
yes :)

Commodore
25-06-2004, 09:28 AM
I just spoke with Les and I think it’s a top idea, maybe something in a back pack?
I'll have two!
Cheers,
Matt

MTpockets
25-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Matt, Hows a Ausfish Bourbon and Coke comemrative series sound?..... too much time on my hands.........

Commodore
25-06-2004, 09:42 AM
What about RUM & COKE.. I can even make some labels….
This is one I did for the last trip out in the west..

MTpockets
25-06-2004, 10:43 AM
great work on that label. Just get Ausfish on the label somewhere and we in business.
Thanks guys for putting this up as a sticky, great idea.
cheers
Les

DaneCross
25-06-2004, 10:49 AM
T-shirt, cap and sticker/flag pack would be good [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Would be good to see more boats getting around with the Ausfish logo, I sometimes look at other boats and wonder whether they're members that havn't yet bothered to buy a sticker :-/ Hopefully by making them more atteactive i.e. bought as a pack, we will start to see more around!

PS Put me down for a carton of Ausfish bourbon and coke cans too ;D ;D

Derek Bullock
25-06-2004, 11:44 AM
For those interested I have just changed the options to allow guests to vote. It would be great if everyone signed up and became a membert but some choose not to.

Thats life I guess.

Cheers

Derek

MTpockets
25-06-2004, 11:48 AM
By the way Derek, thanks for starting this poll mate, I was going to try myself but saw yours up and thats great. I hope this goes well :D
cheers
Les

Cloud_9
25-06-2004, 01:44 PM
iwas on the day lucky 18 record was set, ( in live chat ) it crashed. didnt worry me too much my puter does stupid stuff all the time. but the Ausfish packs sounds like a good idea.
i agree with DC i allso look at other boats and wonder about ausfish membership too,as i am guilty of not purchaseing Ausfish stickers yet . :-X
will remedy soon.

count me in for some member pack.

Cheers Cloud 9

rossco
25-06-2004, 01:58 PM
great idea what about a kids pack as well

dasher
25-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Cap, stickers and a polo shirt(with a fffn pocket) and I'm in. ;D 8)

MTpockets
25-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Can my shirt have full pockets this time, then I can change my name...... naaa.... have never been a full anything ;D ;D

Sportfish_5
25-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Yes Im in :) :)

What a great idea ::) ::)

Cheers

Greg

Big_Kev
25-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Show bags Woo hoo

dasher
25-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Had a mate called showbags..... Wasn't sure why until some one told me big and bulky and full of sh........ hehehe. It really did suit him. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Maria
25-06-2004, 04:19 PM
LOL Kev...bring back some memories?

Ben

petelaska
25-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a great idea, I'll be in on that.

philip_thomson
25-06-2004, 04:50 PM
im in on that for sure. long sleeved shirts would be great for when im in the boat less sunburn :-) as for rum and coke well were can you go wrong? i need some ausfish stickers to plaster on my dads boat.

philip

bay_firey
25-06-2004, 05:13 PM
I am in for sure
Have ordered some stickers for the rig but more would be great

bidkev
26-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Count me in.

How about an Ausfish nightie for the missus........sure fire way to get this old fart hard quicker ;-)

cheers

kev

Brissyguy
26-06-2004, 06:40 AM
LMFAO Kev,

Must admit I never would have thought of that ROFLMAO !!!

Cheers,
Rich.

where_is_dave
26-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Packs r a great idea ltwt longsleeve shirts, possibly do up a tackle pack for common species with hints and tips from some of the plethora of info on the site with some samples of the lures/ rigs for that species.

Could expand the gift ideas for the missus to perfume - Chanel Number 5/0, Fragrance of Flathead, Eau de Catfish

jimbamb
26-06-2004, 07:57 AM
AUSFISH Knickers!!!!!! wow i'll be into those !!!!!!!!!!

MY-TopEnder
26-06-2004, 09:06 AM
haha yeah a nice Ausfish G-Banger for the missus or something.. haha

You really can do anything with promo gear... pens, golf balls, coolers, umbrellas, rain ponchos... the list goes on.

adriancorrea
26-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Now this thread getting a bit scary lol
To think I spend overnighters in a boat with some of you blokes.

Back to the subject
put me down for 1

Tight Lines
Adrian

Julie_J
26-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Ausfish Stubby Coolers and Floppy Hats - For a good look on a good fishing photo day!!!

Julie

PS Forget the nightie and knickers - who needsem!!

MTpockets
26-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I like the way you think Julie ;D ;D

easyrider525
26-06-2004, 03:01 PM
boys an gals, sometimes i ain't got time to read all the funny stuff and yet good stuff you all put on here. but when comes to important stuff like knickers , stickers and anything that goes good on my boat then i'll pay.( even if does piss the misses)

caveman
26-06-2004, 03:27 PM
ok what about a AUSFISH tide/moon phase pamphlet aswell and VMR radio chanels from tweed to sunshine coast pamphlet and legal size guide these might be a little bit difficult to get printed just a thought

MY-TopEnder
26-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Caveman, they'd be easy enough to print... there is a stock out there i have used a few times now that is a synthetic.. so basically waterproof, rear proof and so on... not cheap to print on though

propdinger
26-06-2004, 03:42 PM
i think Steve maybe busy soon by the look of this if he wants to go ahead with it. i think anything that makes this great site better is a step in the right direction.

and put me down for one ;D

cheers
jeff

michael_Brewer
27-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Lmao about the knickers! would be very interested in getting a long sleeve ausfish shirts (like one of those expensive shirts in expensive tackle stores ;), carton of ausfish bourbon, knickers for the mrs, hat, stickers and anythin else ya want to throw in! Would be proud to advertise this site!

ohhh and Steve, I honestly think the idea of the ausfish knickers or bangers is seriously worth a thought, they'll sell like hot cakes! :D
she's size 8 :-X ;D

cheers mick

homebound
27-06-2004, 01:53 PM
GREAT IDEA !

Caps/T-shirts should be a COMPULSORY item for next M&G so we can all identify [smiley=gossip.gif]each other on the water and off.

Count me in for a pack.

Rob

Cloud_9
27-06-2004, 03:04 PM
am i still in the dark ages or somthin what are bangers??
Cloud 9

Lucky_Phill
27-06-2004, 03:17 PM
NO Jamie, you are not living in the ' dark ages' just someone else's sense of humour.

All the aforementioned items sound great, but , there has been one noticable omission.

AUSFISH LYCRA'S ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

Phill ( he of Lycra Legs, etc )

caveman
27-06-2004, 03:47 PM
i gotta say if any of you guys can remember seeing my missus at the cressbrook M&G(she was preggers at the time) the idear of a G-string just don't work for me

Maria
28-06-2004, 11:51 AM
i gotta say if any of you guys can remember seeing my missus at the cressbrook M&G(she was preggers at the time) the idear of a G-string just don't work for me

LMAO...hope your missus doesn't visit Ausfish at all mate.

MTpockets
29-06-2004, 09:14 AM
101 votes so far, looking good. Should be a good start ;D

bidkev
29-06-2004, 09:21 AM
am i still in the dark ages or somthin what are bangers??
Cloud 9

Well, I dunno about here but a "banger" in the UK is one of the opposite sex who is not considered a great catch other than " she bangs" like a dunny door" also known as a "slapper" :-)

cheers

kev

caveman
29-06-2004, 02:47 PM
g-string / thong a pair of pants with only a thin piece going up the crack of ones a***

MY-TopEnder
29-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Gees... who'd have thought a basic little suggestion sarcastically of G-Bangers after flicking through a HSV catalogue and seeing them, would provoke such a debate... hehe

imported_admin
01-07-2004, 06:39 AM
I have been looking at a few products, one that has always come up when doing this is shirts. The problem with shirts is that you need to rder a minimum quantity over the range of sizes and inevidibly you end up running out of stock of one or two sizes and have too many of other sizes.

I was thinking that if shirts were added to the range would members be OK with the fact that they would place their orders so we can know what sizes and minimum quantities to order and then we would place the order with the manufacturer. This would mean though that Members orders would be sent out a few weeks after they placed them.

Would you prefer the shirt to be a long sleeve sun shirt style or a long sleeve Colorado fishing shirt style ?

MTpockets
01-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi Steve,
My thoughts would be keep say the most popular 2 sizes in stock, and ask for other not so popular sizes to be ordered. I suggest a 100cm size and say a 110 size. Fashion these days seems to be for a larger fit anyhow. That would cover prolly 50-60% of most people. Just a thought.
I would prolly go the colorado style myself.
cheers
Les

Sportfish_5
01-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Colorado style for me

Sounds like a plan is coming together ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-07-2004, 07:10 AM
sun shirt ???? like a skivvy steve? Wiggles style ;D

Colorado style for me

oscar
01-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Steve,
Put me down for a long sleeve Colorado, size 110cm.
Thanks
oscar

MY-TopEnder
01-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah chalk me down for one of the Colorado style ones please.

Derek Bullock
01-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Definately the Colorado Steve.

What about kids sizes.

Needmorerum
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Are you actually looking for orders now Steve, is it going to be just shirts.

Put me down for the Colorado style in 110.
Let us know if your going into hats and coolies, or any other stuff.

Corry

SCOTTYGC
01-07-2004, 07:34 PM
If you are going to do individual orders for the shirts maybe you could put the persons login name on the pocket, just an idea
You can put me down for one xxxl
cheers

Brenno
02-07-2004, 10:15 AM
by a long sleeve sun shirt, are you talking about a long sleeved shirt or the type the little kids wear to the beach?

if it's the long sleeve shirt put me down for one, but it's the type the kids where i'll go the colorado

nonibbles
03-07-2004, 04:30 AM
put me down for a size 100 Steve Colorado style

Cloud_9
03-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi steve
RIVERS clothing at Gold coast has colorado style, same quality but for less cash, well , The to the public price is cheaper because it's a factory outlet.
have bought from there before good shirts have zipoff sleaves so you get short and long sleave in the same shirt. have rod holder velcro and double pockets.

Cheers Cloud 9

Derek Bullock
05-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys.

I have closed the voting and I think we have all made our point. Over to you now Steve. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wonder who the three no's were. ??? ??? ???

Derek

imported_admin
08-07-2004, 04:48 AM
Have spoken to a fishing shirt company and just waiting on samples to arrive. Prices seem competitive but prefer to see the product first to ensure it is good quality. Also have to get the embroiders to check it out and quote me on the embroidery.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
08-07-2004, 04:52 AM
we used to use seseame st embroidery at capalaba for our sporting uniforms - best on price we found & good price - we were put onto them by a good mate who was a rep high up at Cantebury - so they have a rep in the industry

MTpockets
08-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Looks like things are happening ;D

lordy
08-07-2004, 06:18 AM
If you are going to do individual orders for the shirts maybe you could put the persons login name on the pocket, just an idea
You can put me down for one xxxl
cheers

How cool would that be! ;D

Touchy - R.I.P.
08-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Lordy,I dont think they make shirts that LONG :o,Besides who the hell would know what the initails JC stand for. ;D ;D ;D.T.><>.

MTpockets
08-07-2004, 06:29 AM
good one touchy :)

MTpockets
17-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Bump to top again :)