PDA

View Full Version : Where are the fish?

kaylor
18-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Good 'day all! just joined up and learning my way around, that includes fishing !! :-/
Where oh where does anyone suggest this novice go to catch fish tomorrow, and any other time???
fishing has got under my skin, but I'm new to qld ;)
In Melbourne the beach was fairly close and so was Eildon Lake where I knew Id catch a Trout...or 2 or 3 - here I don't know where to go....

Kaylor :-*

blaze
18-07-2004, 12:56 PM
let em know where abouts in qusland and some one on this site will help ya
and welcome to the site, its a wealth of knowledge
cheers
blaze

Dirty_Mole
18-07-2004, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't have a clue were to fish because i just go wherever MY_TopEnder takes me.

Mudcrab
18-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Stay home tomorrow and check out your gear!
Forecast is for SW winds 20-30 knots. The Bay is not a good place to be in that type of breeze!

kaylor
18-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks blaze
I live in Bergins Hill - hop away from Ipswich; so far have been at Redcliff mostly and Bribie Island but would like a little closer to home... :)

kaylor
18-07-2004, 01:11 PM
:-[ Yeah you are right, will stay home tororrow...
\
But still wanna know where I can go fishing....

Randall
18-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Kaylor, you live close to the Brissy river. The upper reaches hold a fair few Aussy Bass. You can fish froom the bank in many locations with lures or bait. However, if you have a small tinny or a canoe, the options expand somewhat.
You may also wish to explore many of our dams which hold bass, yellowbelly and catties.
Theres a world of fishing opportunaties out there.
May I suggest you start with looking at Fitzys website. He has a wealth of info there and particularly for the novice angler new to any areas.

www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy

Good luck.

Randall.

kaylor
18-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks Randall
Yes have been at Winvenhoe dam a few times off the shore and caught a good bass, but mostly the dam cat fish..and grunters
:-[
will check the site you mention out... a boat will help...
Kaylor

jaybee
18-07-2004, 01:32 PM
I dare say the closest saltwater is the wynnum/manly foreshores, canals and creeks, not to mention the mouth of the brisbane river. hope this helps
cheers
Joe

kaylor
18-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Joe

This gal needs all the help she can get... :-/
Do you really ride a table?!? on the water?? ;D

Kaylor

Dirty_Mole
18-07-2004, 03:47 PM
If You are are looking for a spot in the river near the VISY paper recycling plant is good. We pull in a some good squire,Bream,Catfish and thats only the stuff we've caught. But yeah tomorrow is going to suck out on the water, Damn i was lookin to go to the pin tomorrow.Oh Well

Cheers Sam