PDA

View Full Version : Are TICA baitcasters any good?

C@RLO5
17-07-2004, 09:33 AM
i was just wondering what u guys have to say about TICA baitcasting reels, are they any good?

adamleah
17-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Mate ,

I have a CM150, which is the same "But with more bearings" as the CT150 that is commonly sold..

It is my first baitcaster and mates who have used them before reckon it is awesome...
I am too uncoordinated to use it , so if you want to buy one that hasnt caught a legal fish and has 20lb braid on it,,

PM me...RRP is about $330 I will take offers around $150.

The only qualm I have with Tica Reels is they have average anodising that sometimes leaves Worm marks through the coating. Other then that they seem tough as nails.

Hes a pic of my reel b4 it was loaded with braid.
Adam

Brenno
17-07-2004, 12:58 PM
if you are interested there are a few TICA Sculptos on Ebay. look under fishing.

kc
17-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Here is a tip and I hope someone from TiCa is monitoring the site and tries to sue me.

TiCa Sculpotors are the greatest piece of overpriced, underperforming crap I have ever owned or used..........period.

& I have spent an awful lot of time fishin' including guiding. Do yourself a favour. Don't!! If you want to buy a good baitcaster, buy a shimano...if you like the low profile go a Cronach. They are an amazingly robust bit of gear. The Sculptor has way too many tiny bearings, virtually no rust resistance, a lousy drag and all in all rates 2 out of 10 at best in a salt water use situation.

I have no vested interest or sponsorship deal with Shimano, my comments are purley based on recent experience.

KC

BOMBER
18-07-2004, 03:55 AM
I would have to agree here with KC I too had a Sculptor and took it ti Faust dam 2 years ago 1 Barra completely stripped the main gears on this reel, when opened wasw told by the tackle shop that they were very surprised at the internal quality of this reel for dollars spent, they did a patch up job on it and its now one of the most expensive Bass and paper weight reels on the market, just in closeing I do have a Tica Aries Threadline reel and find it to be very good.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Randall
18-07-2004, 01:24 PM
I concur with KC and Bomber. Not a well engineered reel at all. Very expensive heap of crap.

Randall. (Proudly associated with Tica???)

raefpud
18-07-2004, 11:38 PM
i gotta agree with randall, in a less amount of words they are shithouse reels
They do make a good value all round graphite rod tho :o

catalyst
19-07-2004, 11:15 PM
here in singapore nobody buys tica baitcaster, i have to agree wif u guys "it an overprice piece of S*#^ hahahahaah. but the spinning reel are not that bad.....