PDA

View Full Version : Meetings explain reef rezoning program

jaybee
20-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Last Update: Monday, July 19, 2004. 8:22 AM (AEST)
Meetings will be held at each of Queensland's major ports included in the Great Barrier Reef rezoning program to explain key elements of the Federal Government's structural adjustment package.
The Queensland Rural Adjustment Authority will hold the meetings in conjunction with the Queensland Seafood Industry Association.
Authority chief executive officer Colin Holden says he would urge everyone who is applicable for assistance to attend the meetings and become familiar with the process.
"To read very carefully the information package that's been sent out to them," he said.
"To make sure that they attend these particular port meetings and to seek some advice from whether it be legal, business or financial advice from the appropriate parties to determine the best course of action for their business in to the future."
Cairns will host the meeting on July 26, followed by Townsville on July 27, Bowen July 28, and Mackay July 29.
The other dates are Rockhampton August 3, Gladstone August 4, Bundaberg August 5, and Mooloolaba August 6.

kc
20-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey jaybee,

Is there a date for Airlie Beach/Whitsundays or are they just passing us by because.......Jack.......sorry... the Fishing Party lives here??

Regards

KC

jaybee
21-07-2004, 03:21 AM
They are all the dates that were in the email kc, guess the expect the people in between to travel, i see there is none in Brisbane and a lot of people from here fish out of mooloolaba, me included.
cheers
Joe

nonibbles
21-07-2004, 05:30 AM
QRAA in townsville 27th July. Townsville launch of fishing party 28th July. Could be an interesting meet kc ::)

kc
21-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Have you got a time & place for Townsville. I might just have to come up a day early

KC