PDA

View Full Version : AUGUST M & G

Touchy - R.I.P.
13-07-2004, 07:49 AM
OK Gang, I have had enough posting/phone calls to say the August meet & greet is a definate goer,on the weekend of the 14th/15th at Jacobs Well,contact no. for the park is (07)55462016 or more info at www.gctp.com.au/jacobs,If you wish to pre book a site then tell them you are with the Ausfish group,I spoke to them this morning & they will keep the sites near the undercover BBQ area aside for us as long as we can give them a bit of notice,Phil I have booked the unpowered site nearest the above area for the big tent/banner as well as the first cabin there as well as I think I will sleep better not having to listen to your boody snoring all night in the tent::) ;D ;D ;D.Pity some of the gang will be away at the comp but always next time & besides it will leave a few extra fish for those that make the trip ;D. Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>>

MTpockets
13-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Would be around ekka time I think ???
Not sure if camping yet, but certainly a daytrip is a definate for me.
I am in.
Cheers
Les

Touchy - R.I.P.
13-07-2004, 08:06 AM
OK LES,I'm heading down Friday morning till Monday morning,Seeya. Fred.

Lucky_Phill
13-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Well, in that case Fred, I'll get down there Friday arvo.

Will let the Park ppl know.

Cheers Phill

MICHAELG
13-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Fred

I will already be camping on south Straddie that week, so I'll call in a couple times no doubt
Might be able to give a report on where the fish have been biting

Michael

homebound
13-07-2004, 12:55 PM
good news! Count me in - the last was good - the next should be even better assuming some keepers are caught this time by your truly.

Looking forward to it.

Rob

boatboy50
13-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey Guys,
Im In. Getting the time off tomoz, and looking forward to putting faces to the names here.
Havnt been before, but is it suitable to sleep on the boat at night on the trailer in the park, then use it all day?
I will book a site, but does that work, or is tenting it a better option (thats bloody cold, and the misses hates it)
Have probs one space available on my 20 footer during the days if anyone wants it (must be better fisherman than me and willing to teach!). Willing to go oyutside through the pin if the weathers up to it, if not sticking to the pin inside.
Regards
Darren

Derek Bullock
13-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Bugger....................

Was looking forward to being at the next one but will be on Fraser that week. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

Touchy - R.I.P.
14-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey Phil,Will the princess be coming?,just so I know if I have to stock up on the Cheery Ripes. ;D ;D. T.><> ><> ><>.

Touchy - R.I.P.
14-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Darren,If you want to just sleep on the boat it maybe an idea to just park in the ramp parking area, You could back your rig right up to the back of the camping area,we will be right at the edge of the small rock wall that is the end of the caravan park & would overlook your spot,there isn't a lot of parking in the campsites at the best & that maybe an option,there would only be a small fee for hot showers I would say. Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

PinHead
14-07-2004, 12:35 PM
I will be there..won't miss it for quids...once again I will bring some of Dr Stones magic elixir..just to keep Phil happy.

caveman
14-07-2004, 02:02 PM
looking like i will make it with the missus in tow but not bringing the boat so if anyone has a spot for me on a boat one day it would be good, will let you all know if i cant make it heres hoping to see you all there

MY-TopEnder
14-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah me and the deckie from last time will be there. I'll just go an unpowered site this time... i think we used the light last time in the powered site for about 5 minutes the while time. Not worth it...

Robster, mate if you want that 3rd space on my boat again you're welcome...

Burley_Boy
14-07-2004, 04:18 PM
At that time I have just shipped the missus overseas so I will have 3 young ones (8, 9, 11) in tow.
Is that a problem and is anyone else bringing kids? Otherwise I will have to work at renting them out for the weekend...

MY-TopEnder
14-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Interesting point... if there are kiddies coming i'll see if i can get she who must be obeyed to let me bring her little one.. he's 4. Otherwise it'll just be me and Sam.

MTpockets
15-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Looking forward to this one. Hope the weather holds, but usely westerlies around this time. Anyone know if westerlys effect the well and the pin? I cant remember that far back lol
cheers
Les

philip_thomson
15-07-2004, 03:34 PM
i will be most likely coming down on my own. probably book a tent site for 1 night and take my small tent. any suggestions on when i should book?
looking forward to meeting you guys

cheers philip

caveman
15-07-2004, 03:56 PM
yep the missus and i will be there aswell as junior will be steying in the fishing club house so see you all there, what are the MIDGES like down there at the moment

MTpockets
17-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Just keeping this on the front page..... shameless i am.....

Touchy - R.I.P.
17-07-2004, 10:22 AM
I have booked one of the cabins(next to the under cover bbq area) for myself & Big-D, the cabin sleeps 4 (2 bedrooms,one queen size bedroom,one double with a bunk above in the other room)also has bathroom/combined lounge,dining,kitchen a/c unit & cable tv,I have the nominated me for the double & Big-D for the bunk so if anyone wants to throw in a few bucks towards the booking/sharing they can have the queen/room(no pun intended :P ::) :o ;D,first in best dressed :D,I'm going down on Fri.till Mon.morning.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

SeaHunt
17-07-2004, 10:27 AM
How much they hit you up for them touchy?

SCOTTYGC
17-07-2004, 06:26 PM
ok looks like im in and if a few are getting there on friday i will be there to set up my small tent
Phil are you setting up like last time with the BBQ? Was a great set up
and if anyone has room for a deckie on the saturday send me a pm so we can get the ball rolling(dont mind splitting fuel and bait costs)
Scotty

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-07-2004, 06:57 AM
SeaHunt,The printout says 3-6 nights $100, so I suppose that $100 bucks a night ???,I just sent 'em a $100 for a deposit,I'll give 'em a ring sometime this week & get the correct price for the 3nights.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

PinHead
18-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Touchy..I am definitely interested in a bed in the cabin.
Please let me know how much and i will forward it to you.

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-07-2004, 03:08 PM
OK,Pinhead,No need to send any dough,we can catch up down there, I will ring 'em Mon./Tues for the correct cost then just share cost for how many nights you stay ok??I'll send you a pm when I find out & you can then let me know if you are still interested. Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-07-2004, 02:47 AM
I just spoke to Big-D & he said if someone also wants to share that will make the cost split 4 ways (a bit easier on the pocket :)(& PinHead has his hand up for one bed)they can have the bunk,he & I will share the double,Dont know why he said he would be wearing overalls & sleeping with his sleeping bag sipped up ::) ;D ;D ;D .Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

MTpockets
21-07-2004, 11:54 AM
LOL@touchy :) :)

gruntahunter
21-07-2004, 01:56 PM
gday fred...m8 me and freddo r coming...be good to see u guys again
will ring and book a site tonight.
...by the way guys my brother had his new navara 4wd stolen from there this month ...so be careful guys

Billo
21-07-2004, 02:41 PM
NICE !!!

Hope you fellas have some good weather coming your way ...unfortunately i have to miss AGAIN as i will be in Sydney for a brothers farewell ( off to the bloody UK AGAIN !!! ) ....but will definately go back to the roots for a few days and have a bit of fun PIGGING around the National park south of Syd ....a good old rock hop !

looking foward to more salty tales !!! ;D

gruntahunter
23-07-2004, 02:33 PM
yep i,m definately in...booked a spot tonight....seeyas soon

Big-D
24-07-2004, 05:19 AM
:oHi Grunta,long time no see,it will be good to see some old face at a M&G once more. :D :D
Cheers pete.