PDA

View Full Version : Charging deep cycle batteries?

Sean
26-07-2004, 06:29 AM
I have been told to make sure I recharge my deep cycle battery as soon as possible after using it, If it sits for a few weeks, should I recharge it again b4 I go out?

Rebbasser
26-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Sean, that would be a good idea-getting on the water and finding you have dead batteries is not fun-been there and done that. #You are correct in charging them up as soon as possible when you get back from fishing-if not they can get a set and not fully charge. #I finally got smart and got an on-board battery charger I have mounted in my boat that is plugged in all the time to maintain the trolling motor batteries (deep cycle) but I always put a charger on the cranking battery the night before I head out just to be on the safe side.

nemochopsui
26-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Sean you can also buy fairly cheap low wattage solar panel chargers. I find these to be ideal even for tailer boats they have a built in safety to prevent overcharging. The beauty is there is no need to remove your batteries and charge them and they will maintain charge until your next fishing trip. You can get them at Supercheap Auto,Electrical Stores,Marine shops and Even E-Bay.Good luck