PDA

View Full Version : FREE BAIT OFFER

Touchy - R.I.P.
21-07-2004, 07:47 AM
I have(in my spare time)been playing around curing some fish flesh baits & also some chicken breast (bream) baits I know the fish fillets works a treat but I have not used the cured chicken stuff,the chicken curing will be finished by tomorrow & not being able to fish yet for another couple of weeks I was wondering if anyony heading to the pin (or thereabouts)chasing some bream on the weekend would like to trial some of the chicken?,I live at Redbank Plains if anyone is passing thru'please feel free to call in & collect some,I'm keen to see if this stuff is a goer,I think it will be tops 'cause there were 3 bream flapping around on the grass at the door to my shed this morning ::) so I reckon it should be good in the water ;D ;D,Phil this stuff would be crash hot at Mud,spot X I reckon,the curing makes the flesh tough as so the pickers would not rip the baits to shreds in seconds plus the fact with most of my previous cured stuff (froggies/pillies)the smaller fry dont seem to like it much but it dont stop the bigger fish.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
21-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Is this ' Curing " a special technic you have developed in conjunction with Queensland University and the Department of Friendly Fishing ?

I know what ya mean about the pickers and the goers. I have noticed a trend ( in Bream mainly ), that in different times of a season ( species ), that fish target or prefer different types of bait/ bait fish.

The ' cured ' bait should work well inconjuction with Berley, by attracting all fish and letting the pickers scramble for the berley while the " goers ' chomp the real bait.

That wasn't a bad waffle, was it ?

anyway, put away some of the ' new' bait for later.

Cheers Phill

CHRIS_aka_GWH
21-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I have(in my spare time)been playing around curing some ... #chicken breast (bream) baits ...

Mr Wood,

I believe I have already tried your product at the local Macca's one night after a few drinks at the pub
- quite chewy although flavoursome at the time I must say. #:P

Tell me, is the see-through lettuce part of the offer too ?

;D

chris

landy1
21-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Knowing Touchy the younguns stay away because their not old enough for that stuff yet, bet you "cured" it in the green death eh?

Billo
21-07-2004, 02:44 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL !

webby
21-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi You old fart, 3 bream flapping around at the garden shed ???, Mate if you have some bigger swigs of that bottle sitting next to you, you'll have 3 snapper next time. ;D
So's the leg ready for a slopppy ride in the bay, times gettng away mate, have mounted a deck chair so you can ride in comfort.
What about this saturaday im heading out, will even supply the oil.
regards

el_carpo
21-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Hello,

While you're on the topic of bait. I was wondering if anyone ever tries chicken liver for bait. It's a very popular bait to use over here. It works for catfish, northern pike, and stripers in particular. It's smelly, messy, and difficult to hook right but it works. You keep the livers frozen in a cooler and as you need to, you cut bait sized bits of it off making sure to include some of the white stringy connective tissue. Hook it through the bait a few times and finish by hooking through the tough stringy stuff (this will keep it from falling off your hook). When you cast, do so fairly smoothly or the bait will fly off. The livers permeate the area with a heavy blood smell and the fish go nuts for it. From what you folks have described about these bream, I'm guessing that they might be a good bait to try.

One cautionary note. When you go into the store and buy the livers, buy something else too. I once bought just the livers and everyone in the check-out line was looking at me like I was a mad man. I said, "I'm ...uh...going fishing so...uh...and I need bait so..." Sadly, my explaination only served to deepen their revulsion, but it was pretty funny! ;D

If you're brave enough, try them. They really do work. :)

Cheech
21-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Hey EC,,,, after some of the horrible smelly bits of dead things I have had out fishing as bait, I don't think that a bit of blood would put me off. Tried untreated offle as bait? Just don't get down wind. Will give livers a go next opportunity though.

Thanks for the tip. I will give anything a go once.

el_carpo
22-07-2004, 09:22 AM
I hope they work for you Cheech. Remember though, they are mushy when they thaw and will fall off of the hook unless you hook it through that tough stringy white stuff and cast smoothly. Very important. It took me a while to get it down. The first time I went out, I just put the hook through it any which way and casted as I normally do. Big mistake. I ran out of bait before I even got settled. Kept casting it right off. Now, I rarely have any problems and I do catch a lot of fish on it.

Good luck!

Captian_Zero
22-07-2004, 04:14 PM
El carpo

I have caught bream on beef heart, which I think is a bit tougher than chicken livers.

There was a mention of some fishos catching bream in the Brisbane River at Bulimba on chicken livers (amongst other things including shin steak and garfish fillets) in the Sunday Mail a few weeks ago.

Cheers

Chris

el_carpo
23-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks Captain_Zero. Beef heart, I'll try that. The fragility of the chicken livers is a pain sometimes. If the beef heart holds up better and works just as well, then it's probably the way to go. Thanks again.

Captian_Zero
23-07-2004, 03:45 PM
El Carpo

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Chris

CHRIS_aka_GWH
24-07-2004, 03:12 AM
.... #Beef heart, I'll try that .... #

the fun bit is catching the bait...
Wear red ;D

el_carpo
24-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Will do Capt. Z!

I bet it is Chris! ;D Torro! Torro! Ole'! :o.... ;D Better practice my toreador skills. ;D

where_is_dave
24-07-2004, 06:28 AM
That must be what all them Spanish blokes gettin trampled were doin the other day in Pamplona...I didn't realise fishin was so popular over there???

el_carpo
24-07-2004, 10:00 PM
;D

BOMBER
25-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey Touchy,

Keep some of that cured chook fot THE BIG FELLA might come in handy for the trip to Faust in September as a favour for The Big Unit could you preserve a dozen number 12's.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Touchy - R.I.P.
27-07-2004, 03:38 AM
Will Do Bomber. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,Should keep the big unit going for at least an hour. ;D ;D ;D ;D.T.><>.