PDA

View Full Version : Blaze coming to qld

blaze
26-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Ok
have checked the price of a ticket, suprised me how cheap ya can fly these days (heres hoping the planes have floors in them)
A RETURN #;D ;D ticket is only about $150 if i did it right
that departs Hobart (bloody 5 hour drive from smithton) to brisbane
Might start getting serious when I get back (about to do a whirl wind of Vic, SA and a touch of NSW, in a touch over 3 weeks (told the boss I gotta get a fishing trip in every state, booking a charter in vic)
So I will probable look at the long weekend in NOV this year
what sorta fishin is on offer at that time of year, very willing to pay my share of costs,
Is that a good time for a M&G
Might havto organise it from LMAO over that thought, probable all end up in china
over to you guys
cheers
blaze

MTpockets
26-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Blaze, M&G on when you get here, I can vouch for that ;D
Fishing is good then so be prepared mate.
Good to hear ya comin up, will save a few fish for ya ;D
cheers
Les

blaze
26-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Ta Les
After checking the price it will only end up cost about the same as a week at st helens

ba229
26-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Oooooo you got me all excited then. well done Blaze.

I am sure they will have a M and G just for you. or the people that know who you are anyway ;D

ba229
26-07-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm that excited that i think my green monster is running even faster ;D

lordy
26-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm that excited that i think my green monster is running even faster #;D

I can't decide if you monster is scary or gay ("not that there's anything wrong with it") or both!

snappa
26-07-2004, 04:35 PM
blaze
q. how far is the airport from hobart city and approx cost of a taxi to the city????

thinking about flying down for a weekend.
what accomodation is there in the city???

blaze
26-07-2004, 05:24 PM
hi snappa
think the airport is about 30km from hobart. I am sure there would be shultle bus of sorts to city centre, not sure on accomadation, we ussally stay with family down there, but there would be plenty about
cheers
blaze

snappa
26-07-2004, 06:37 PM
so whats their address ;D

blaze
26-07-2004, 06:54 PM
if ya keen I may be able to link ya up with some ANSA club guys down that way, my accomadation we used to use is now in smithton, wifes brother is down there and wouldnt wish that on any one. will rake the old grey matter and have a think
cheers
blaze
ps
hire a car mate and come up here and i take out for a trip, see if we can find ya a tassie snappa, accomadation etc free

Jeremy
27-07-2004, 04:49 AM
Blaze,

I'd love to buy you a beer and have a fish with you when you come up. IMO November isn't the best time for fishing in SE Qld - in between seasons as they say, but we should still be able to find some fish for you. We also tend to get periods of strong Northerly winds at that time, which can make the fishing difficult.

Outside, I'd say there should still be some snapper around and should be plenty of school size cobia (5-10 kg). Also YT kings. Dare I say there might be a mack tuna or two.

In the estuaries, there should be plenty of flathead, and I believe it is a good time for whiting, though I don't fish for whiting.

What are the dates of your long weekend? We don't get a long weekend up here then.

Cheers,

Jeremy