PDA

View Full Version : The Blaze Poll

ba229
22-07-2004, 11:47 AM
For a while now Blaze has been subtly (or not so subtly #;D ) dropping hints about being sponsored to go to a meet and greet to see all you guys.

I know he has been too shy to bring this matter up (except at every mention of a M & G #;D ) so I thought I would start this poll for him.

Remember he lives in Tassie and I think he would really like to meet you all. So lets get the ball rolling and see what happens :-)

blaze
22-07-2004, 01:06 PM
well suppose i should vote
I reckon ya should all come down here for a while to see how bloody cold it is at the moment LOL
cheers
blaze

CHRIS_aka_GWH
22-07-2004, 01:22 PM
why not set up a web cam so he can watch us sink piss on a beach, catch fish & watch chicks with very little on toddle by ?

i luv torturing small animal too !

SeaHunt
22-07-2004, 01:30 PM
If I was going myself , I would chip in $10. Especially if he would take me fishing if I ever get down that way.
Unfortunately when Touchy's is on at Jacobs Well, I will be standing in the surf on Fraser. 8)
Sad isn't is. ::)

blaze
22-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi Chris
Your a cruel man LMAO
cheers
blaze

ba229
22-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Who's Blaze 50%

Time to raise that profile mate ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
22-07-2004, 01:56 PM
how's tassie currently blaze,

minimum 8 maximum 8.5 with scattered hail improving to sleet ? ;D

to be honest mate I wouldn't pay for you to come up - but if ya did you wouldn't have to pay anything to go fishing.

chris

blaze
22-07-2004, 02:01 PM
First up
I am humble that this poll was started, all a bit of a sh** stir, but honestly if ausfish was to sponser anyone it would have to be ELCARPO, a truely international guest and a funny bastard too, can you image elcarpo, upon seeing a shark, climbing outa the boat and heading to mt everest as he runs across the water, LMAO just thinking about that
cheers
blaze

Dug
22-07-2004, 02:53 PM
I have a 10ft plastic boat with a sail do you want me to post it to you so you can sail up? :)

Big_Kev
22-07-2004, 03:49 PM
I'll chip in to meet the Tassie Devil face to face. [smiley=earmuffs.gif]

propdinger
22-07-2004, 04:05 PM
i would chip in but only if it was a 2 way ticket dont want him to stay too long he might get use to a warm climate...lol

jeff

ba229
22-07-2004, 04:06 PM
See Blaze.

Ya just never know what might happen.

To all the people who don't know who Blaze is... 980 posts? where have you been.

PinHead
22-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Is blaze's scar visible ???

blaze
22-07-2004, 04:16 PM
hi pinhead
no scar mate, wear the other head with pride

Cheech
22-07-2004, 04:16 PM
How about an offer to pick you up from the airport on Saturday morning, take you down there, go for a fish at the pin, and then back to the barbie in the arvo.

All you need is the airfare to get there. After that we can get you around.

blaze
22-07-2004, 04:48 PM
In all seriousness I am looking at a trip later next year, probable around november, just gotta start saving, gotta a few week long trips planned in tassie to sort out first, then stop going to the tackle shops and could be well on the way. thanks for offers because i will be coming soon
cheers
blaze
ps
If any one is down tassie way, get in touch and will help out any way i can

philip_thomson
22-07-2004, 05:45 PM
i reckon we should all fly down to tassie for a meet and greet.
i think chris idea about the web cam is excellent. it can even be on at night so he can see who is snoring ;D ::)
cheers philip

jaybee
22-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I'd throw in $10 i can remember meeting blaze in the saltwater photo section a few years ago, something to do about a tuna, what was the other guy?, he mysteriously disappeared. I beleive the post got up into the thousands? Anyway mate its the middle of winter up here, no heater on sitting in shorts and long sleave shirt ;D Come on up.
cheers
Joe.

blaze
22-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi Joe
The ozdevil did a post the other day, I thought the other guys had dropped off the face of cyber space, that post was all over a nice SBT caught out of a 14 foot tinnie down at eagle hawk neck. Had a look for the old post the other day, musta got lost somewhere
cheers
blaze

jaybee
22-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Blaze
mammaries or was the memories, mmm i can recall some photos of snodger lobsters in the same post as well eh. For the like of me i could not remember ozedevil name. The old post would have been lost in one of the crashes the site suffered or deleted due to age :'( Blaze you really need to think about comming up for a m&g, i reckon you would end up moving up here, besides you would probably find more work, oh oh, then you wouldnt have time for fishing and diving eh! besides with your knowledge of what damage aquaculture has done down there you could be great up here for our future. :D
cheers
Joe.
ps i am in a 5 bedroom house with 4 bedrooms empty if you need a place to stay. ::)

el_carpo
22-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Blaze,

Me, afraid of sharks? Why, whatever gave you that idea? Oh, right, my embarrassing "blouse-like" rants in the saltwater photo section. ;D (Look in the mako and tiger shark posts for further details if you must, but I warn you, it isn't pretty.)

Heheh! Yes, I admit it. If I ever saw a shark, I'd probably join Jesus in the list of "people who have walked on water." He used his powers, I'd be relying on terror- inspired, super-human speed. :o

I hope you guys can get together for some fishing. If you do, make sure to stay away from sharks! Though if you did happen to encounter one, and if a certain someone ;) were to show any fear, I would like to be informed. ;D ;D ;D I think it would lead to some amusing posts. Muwahahahahahaha! Just kidding Blaze, I would never kid you about that---or would I? Again, muwahahahahahaha! (evil laughter)

E.C. 8)

bidkev
23-07-2004, 03:46 AM
I'd chip in 50cents (a fortune for a whingeing. tight arsed pomm such as myself) but only if Blaze baby sat my 5 apprentice deckies so that I can attend myself...........Oh! btw, I'll raise that to a dollar if he can stop the master deckie from counting the copious quantity of Toohey's Extra Dry that I may get a chance to consume at the M&G without the 6 millstones around my neck.

cheers

kev the housebound (for now)

Brissyguy
23-07-2004, 04:07 AM
Havent yet been to a M&G myself yet but I reckon it is a good idea to bring the Blaze over... count me in and we could attend our first one together LMFAO.
Tassie is international isnt it ??? :P

Blaze you can tell it's Winter in Queensland cos the ceiling fans are all turned down to low ;D

Cheers,
Rich.

blaze
23-07-2004, 04:27 AM
the weather today is
sun shining
temp -0.3
wind southly 6kn gusting to 7knts
bait outa the freezer
one job at 9.30am
enough water at the ramp 1.00pm
guess i got no reasons to keep me in front of the heater
i am going fishin
cheers
blaze
ps i am a coming around nov 2005 (i think) is that a good time (might even thaw out)

propdinger
23-07-2004, 04:28 AM
-0.3 damn now i know why i live in qld

blaze
23-07-2004, 04:29 AM
Hi KIngtin
Not like an english gentleman to have his 1st shillin is it mate LOL
cheers
blaze

blaze
23-07-2004, 04:30 AM
hi propdinger
but the sun shinin, cant all be bad
cheers
blaze

SNELLY
23-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Blaze,

If you are going to Brisbane - That place down south to me !!

remember it's only another 200 bucks to see the real QLD that's FNQ and there are plenty of us Ausfishers up here happy to look after you as well

Snelly

SNELLY
23-07-2004, 05:43 AM
Hey El Carpo,

If you make it to OZ - I'll take you for a look at some gators in the wild as well

Also remember the post under Visitor in the saltwater photo's section - I'll take you out the reef and see if he will come and say hello to you as well

Snelly

el_carpo
23-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Eeeep! :o ;D

bidkev
23-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi KIngtin
Not like an english gentleman to have his 1st shillin is it mate LOL
cheers
blaze

Never been called a gentleman before Blaze and as those who know me personally, I'm not the whole shilling anyway :-)

cheers

kev

blaze
23-07-2004, 02:27 PM
hi kev
always the first time, any way whats part of a shillin, a pence isnt it, LMAO
cheers
blaze

Burley_Boy
23-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey blaze I'll sponsor you a carton of your favourite amber fluid. ;D

I was just inspired by the new add I think its Carlton Draught.......made from Beer. 8)
Love those beer adds!

northsboy
23-07-2004, 02:38 PM
BLaze your two posts off your 1000th.......ill put in a 1000cents ;) Only if you come to far north queensland lol

blaze
23-07-2004, 02:43 PM
can see whats happening here, going to have to make a annual trip, probable 15 years since i was in brisbane (got bloody lost in that shopping complex at logan
cheers
blaze

philip_thomson
23-07-2004, 03:18 PM
the hyperdome at logan is very easy to get lost in. trying to meet a friend there is difficult. does the sun shining and the sun not shining change the temperature down there?

cheers philip

ba229
23-07-2004, 03:20 PM
lol philip. i think it is always too cold :-)

blaze
23-07-2004, 03:43 PM
the weather in tassie is basicly a moderate climate
The top temps in circular head (far norwest) is around 27 and very rarely goes below 0, it getsa warmer and colder in other parts of the state
east coast is warmest
west coast is the wetest
south the coldest
I said in one of my first post it doesnt matter what the weather is or where the wind comes from we can always find a sheltered spot to have a fish, you can basicly drive from one end to the other in 5 hours and east to west the same, covering all types of ocean fishing and trout fishing only equalled by NZ
heres to my little bit of paradise
blaze

caloundra
23-07-2004, 04:02 PM
blaze
i'll give you $1 to get here and $9 to make sure you get back LOL

Daniel

ba229
23-07-2004, 04:12 PM
there we go another $10 to the kitty

we could make this happen well before november 2010 blaze :D

bidkev
24-07-2004, 04:39 AM
hi kev
always the first time, any way whats part of a shillin, a pence isnt it, LMAO
cheers
blaze

Hi Blaze,

Yes, a shilling used to be 12 pence. Since the EEC and decimalisation there's now only 10 pence to the shilling. Whether that means I'm saner or loonier now, I'm not sure. :-)

cheers

kev

where_is_dave
24-07-2004, 06:21 AM
I have a 10ft plastic boat with a sail do you want me to post it to you so you can sail up? :)

Or we could crew it and enter the Syd-Hobart and M&G with Blaze ;D

gunna
24-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Perhaps Blaze could contribute the mutton birds for the barby ;D ;D

lordy
24-07-2004, 11:05 AM
$135 for each leg for Jetstar ($270 all up). I'm sure if Blaze found his way up here we'd be able to find the money to send him back :)

NQCairns
24-07-2004, 12:38 PM
What about an (extra) long range tank for that beast of his ;D. Make sure you pack plenty of tanktops n Stubbies if you visit gods country fnq, I was sweating yesterday :D. nq

blaze
24-07-2004, 01:59 PM
hi nq
hope ya done enough sweating for both of us
cheers
blaze
ps they tell me thats why you fellas can drink so much, cause it goes in the mouth and out the pores, so ya dont get the quick benifect we do
cheers
blaze

ba229
24-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey blaze, have you noticed how Steve has stayed quiet through-out this thread?

Burley_Boy
24-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Does alcohol affect you differently when it freezes in your pores?
:o :o :o

blaze
24-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi burley boy
doesnt get to the pores, by the time we lick it out of the glass as a icypole
ya get the picture
cheers
blaze

Black_Rat
24-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey blaze,

My old man is moving down to Tassie way in Septmber somwhere near the Dewant (think that's the correct spelling). Do I need to bring some decent waders and learn to fling a fly rod ! ;D ;D ;D

ozdevil
24-07-2004, 09:03 PM
hey guys i will chip in 10 bucks just to keep blaze in Tassie.. we dont want tassies weather on the mainland :-X ;D ;D

Hey i left tassie 6 years ago for the reason it rained 6 months of the year and the other 6 months it dripped of the trees...now i wish i was back living in Tassie cos i hate the bloody hot weather South Oz dishes out..

Hey did i hear a mention about the long standing chat about sbt's between brian66 ,Blaze and myself(ozdevil) hmmm i think the majority of my post count came from that topic..

Oh Blaze i have never really left Ausfish i just havent posted for a couple of years....I don't know what ever happened to Brian66 i havent spoken to him for almost 2 years...

cheers
ozdevil

blaze
25-07-2004, 06:14 AM
hi mick
nice to have ya back posting again
cheers
blaze

blaze
25-07-2004, 06:18 AM
hi blackrat
some good fishing how ever ya do it, i flick a fly sometimes, mainly just chasing aust salmon these days but its an exzilarating way to catch any fish, so its a good way to learn to fish anywhere
cheers
blaze

jaybee
25-07-2004, 09:55 AM
welcome back ozedevil, gee you have to work to do to catch up blaze's posts eh, where are all the photos
cheers
Joe

Dug
26-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Or we could crew it and enter the Syd-Hobart and M&G with Blaze #;D

I'm game if you are with the handicap rules if we get there we should win. I do wonder about the life raft being bigger than the boat though.

One of my madder mates sailed a 15ft timber across Bass Straight to get to the footy grand finals in Victoria (then his team lost:-()

philip_thomson
26-07-2004, 10:06 AM
i agree with dug there. not sure wheather or not we would make it in one piece let alone make it #;D worth a try though. you see the big bots have trouble imagine a tiny 12ft trying lol

cheers
philip

ba229
26-07-2004, 02:38 PM
bumpity bump

exciting news everyone http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=General;action=display;num=10907450 46

it's nice to see things like this thread can bring us all closer together :)

Fishtale
27-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Hey Blaze,

They they sure like rubbing it in about the weather to as Tassie boys don't they! But I have to admit that it would be alright "sinking some piss on the beach"

Hope they sponsor your trip and give you a good time ;)