PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Y'all!

Rebbasser
26-07-2004, 07:14 AM
I was surfing along and found this site so I thought I'd just say howdy. I'm an avid bass fisherman out of San Antonio, Texas and have enjoyed reading how y'all fish down there. Hopefully I can add a little and pass on some things I have learned as well as learn from y'all.

ba229
26-07-2004, 07:26 AM
welcome Rebbasser.

this is the premier fishing chat site in australia if you ask me.

hang around and enjoy how we do things.

agnes_jack
26-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Howdy and welcome red!
We would be interested to hear some of your storys and perhaps a photo or 2.
I am sure you will enjoy this fantastic site.

Regards, Tony ;D ;D

MTpockets
26-07-2004, 09:01 AM
G'day mate,
Hope you find this site as interesting and informative as I do.
Welcome 8)
cheers
Les

Morlers
26-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Gidday Reb. This is a great site and the guys will make you feel welcome. If you have any questions then there is a wealth of knowledge on this site to offer suggestions and try and help.

By the way, my daughter-in-law worked for several years in Beaumont, Texas (somewhere near Orange and near the Gulf coast I think). Any where near San Antonio? She was born in Hartford upper New York State and moved to Oz 2 years ago (saw the light).

All the best.

:) :)

Morlers :)

Fitzy
26-07-2004, 06:15 PM
G'Day Rebbasser & welcome aboard,
You wont find a better crew around than at Ausfish. Feel free to join in discussions or just post up a pic or 3.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Rebbasser
26-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Morlers, Beaumont is over on the Louisiana state line which is about 230 miles or 370 Km east of San Antonio. That area has some great bass fishing.

A couple of y'all asked for a picture, so here is one of a bass I caught on the 4th of July in a lake called Choke Canyon which is about 75 miles south of San Antonio. He weighed right at 6 pounds:

http://home.satx.rr.com/rebbasser/Fishing%202004%20Lunker.jpg

el_carpo
26-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey! Another Yankee invades Ausfish! Hello Rebbasser! I'm from Chicago. It's a blast talking with these wiley Australians. They are a funny bunch and know a lot about fishing and are always helpful in answering any questions you may have. That's a nice largemouth you have there by the way. Nice catch!

E.C. :)

Dug
28-07-2004, 02:17 PM
G'Day Reb Welcome to Downunder fishing. We are a bit differnt down here but not all that bad #

you should come and visit sometime.

cheers Doug #

PS Nice Bass ( If it was a bit bigger it would make a good bait for our Barramundi ) ;D

Rebbasser
30-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Dug, I'd love to come down there sometime. About the only difference I've seen between the way y'all fish and the way we fish is the terminology, and y'all have been real helpful where that is concerned.

Those Barramundi must be some fish if a 6 lb bass would be good bait ;) ;D

blaze
30-07-2004, 04:54 AM
welcome to the site reb, i reckon fishing would be simular around the world, maybe the size of the bait does change, maybe we do have something bigger than Texas
cheers
blaze

Dug
30-07-2004, 07:18 PM
You heard about the Texas and the Queensland ranchers.
They meet at a Bar-B-Q
Discussing the size of their ranches The Texan says "it takes me all day to drive across my spread "
The Queenslander mutters into his beer "Yer, I had a truck like that once too" :-X ;D :-X ;D

Cheers mate

Dug