PDA

View Full Version : THE MAC TUNA SAGA

mactuna
24-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Hello everyone #:) #I haven't got any mac tuna eyes yet #:( #Although the weather has been pretty bad. #The weather looks good this weekend... please give me a call if you catch any (Noosa-Tweed) and I'll meet you at the water. #Apparently there are lots off the Tweed bar at the moment.

Also I'm heading up to the Rainbow Beach Fishing Comp next week (thanks nofrills and Dazza #:D) #so let me know if you'll be up there and would like to help me get some mac tuna eyes.

Thanks for all your offers to help!

caloundra
24-07-2004, 07:14 AM
mactuna post your number up here again for all us slow one's you never know your luck i am heading out tomorrow

mactuna
27-07-2004, 04:35 AM
Hey Caloundra... I messaged you my number.

PS Got some eyes on Saturday [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Jeremy
27-07-2004, 04:41 AM
so now you can see - congratulatiobns on your first eyes Mack Tuna. You'd have been getting pretty desperate by now I'd have thought, or is there another string to your research?

Wrong time of year for mack tuna - I have a small one in my freezer which is about 3 months old. What condition do you need the eyes in?

PM me your number too if you like. My next trip outside probably won't be until mid-august, but I can put the details in our newsletter too if you want.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jono_SS
29-07-2004, 04:04 PM
hey mac tuna, are you planning on keeping us posted with some results down the track???

jeffo
30-07-2004, 02:18 AM
im telling ya....those mac tuna see any good looking live bait REALLY WELL, they seam to be able to turn up any where if theres a juicy live slimie on offer >:( ::) BUT if your casting slugs at a mac tuna school their eye sight can be shocking some times ;D
STINKIN mac tuna :o ;D ;).

Sportfish_5
30-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Seem to have very good eyes when they have a bronze whaler up the clacker wanting a bite of them ;D ;D

mactuna
01-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Just got back from the Rainbow Beach Classic. Got a couple of mac tuna and also saw some big fish that you are all probably a lot more interested in. For example... 10kg red, 8kg snapper and 13kg jewfish. Impressive :o

Jono - yep I can post some results when I'm finished... no worries :D

Jeremy - the eyes need to be 2-5 hours old (upto 12 hours can be okay) and cold but not frozen :( I know this makes it a little tricky. I'm following up a couple of strings... Ausfish, fishing comps, commercial fishermen, fishing myself and going out with more experienced fishermen. Subject to weather will be going up to Huchinsons tomorrow ;D

Sean
02-08-2004, 04:26 AM
me don't understand????eyes????

mactuna
02-08-2004, 05:52 PM
I know... it must sound a little unusual. I'm a student and I'm studying the visual system of tunas... which basically means cutting their eyes out, passing laser beams through lens and counting cells.

Does that make any more sense?