PDA

View Full Version : QFM & Bush n Beach mags ?

Black_Rat
30-07-2004, 11:03 AM
G'day all,

I was just wondering for those of you who subscribe to either of these mags, do you usually receive them before the hit the news stands or about the same time. I'm always as keen as mustard to grab the next months issue asap. I have noticed some of next months issues can show up a few days before the end month. ;D

Black_Rat.

Black_Rat
30-07-2004, 11:13 AM
PS: I'm thinking about subscribing [smiley=anxious.gif]

agnes_jack
30-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Black rat
Don't know about qfm, but I usually get bush and beach before it hits the stands.
Howd ya go with the formosa?

Regards, Tony

Black_Rat
30-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah great mate, it's sitting in the driveway & it looks the part. toeyer than a Roman sandle to get her out. Was that you in that Video of action up 1770 way hoeing into some of Thommos cooking ??

agnes_jack
30-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah mate
Had a few good laughs with stewie,tommo, darren and the crew.
Thats when I had a run in the formosa.
Good luck with it mate it should serve you well!

Regards, Tony

Black_Rat
30-07-2004, 12:36 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Hutcho
30-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Black rat,

I subscribe to both :D and I normally get them both before they hit the stands. If you need to sign up, wait until the Boat & Fishing show in August as they both have stalls there. You normally pick up a few freebies when you sign up at the show and get to meet a few of the writers for the mag.

Good reading,
Hutcho

beefaman
30-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Always get both WAY before they hit the stands [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Reefmaster
30-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Black Rat
as a subscriber a rull of thumb is that you will get it around 2-3 days before it hits the stands. Just look on the first page down the bottom left hand side and it will tell you when its due to hit the stands. That is for BushnBeach which is a real fishing magazine, but hey i might be a little bias as a writer ;D
Cheers Greg

Black_Rat
05-08-2004, 08:02 AM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Hutcho,

There are plenty of goodies advertised in this month's issues on offer if you sign up for a subscription at this years boat show. ;D

Black_Rat.

Lucky_Phill
05-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Have done the calculations on BnB and QFM. Although QFM has many more pages, it also has many, many more Ads. As a matter of fact, more ads than a Woman's mag ( sorry girls ).

Done the homework quite some time ago and found that QFM had a ratio of something like 75% ads to 25% stories. Not that there's anything wrong with that ?

I subscribe and found that I get my mag a few days after it hits the stands. Maybe I should check my PO Box more often :-/

Good advice to get a sub during the boat show, see Ben Collins at the BnB stand and he'll look after you, tell him you're an Ausfisher !

By all means, get both mags and judge for yourself !

Cheers Phill

DaneCross
05-08-2004, 11:08 AM
There are plenty of goodies advertised in this month's issues on offer if you sign up for a subscription at this years boat show. ;D

I didn't pick one up this month and am also considering subscribing, what are these such goodies that have been advertised?? I like the sound of it ;D
Dane

Black_Rat
05-08-2004, 11:25 AM
DC

Can't remember of the top of my head ??? but will have a look tonight & post tommorow.

Black_Rat.

Lucky_Phill
05-08-2004, 12:50 PM
stickers and hooks and for a 2 year sub, lineas well.

Phill

Black_Rat
06-08-2004, 05:05 AM
DC

Bush n Beach
2 year - Pkt Mustard hooks, 2 x BnB stickers, Pkt Wilson's soft plastics & Spool Platypus line.
1 year - Pkt Mustard hooks, 2 x BnB stickers & Pkt Wilson's soft plastics.

QFM
2 year - Silstar VF 40 spinning reel, FM Group cap, Knots & Rigs CD, Surecatch lure & Spool Platypus line.
1 year - FM Group cap, Line cutter, Knots & Rigs CD & Spool Platypus line.

Derek Bullock
06-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Guys

I may be biased as well being an old writer for Bush N Beach. #There's not a better mag on the market in my view. #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I used to spend a day with good old Ron Collins at the Boat Show stand and then later his son Ben, chatting to readers and flogging subscriptions. #

As in previous years at the Boat Show there is a subscriber prize. #Check out page 29 of August BNB and you will see that all subscribers at the Boat Show go into the draw for a Sandtrakka Ultra-Modern Cart. #Got to be at the Boat Show though.

Pop into stand 532 and say hello to Ben and the boys.

Cheers.

Derek