PDA

View Full Version : whats your thoughts

DALEPRICE
10-08-2004, 12:33 PM
after having the sounder crap its self for the second time its time to purchase a new one. looking at the furuno fcv-600L model.
any feed back would be appreciated .

SEARAIDER 2 thanks again for the trip out on sunday
cheers dale.

banshee
10-08-2004, 02:13 PM
A couple of blokes I know have these units and they swear by them,they use them out to 50 fathoms no worries at all,being dual freq they would give a good return in deeper water as well.The beauty of the Furuno is that it is able to be serviced or fixed should the need arise once the unit is out of warranty. If you shop around you will be able to pick one up for $1250 complete.Another option if the budget will stretch a little further is a FCV 582 L,I know a place that is selling these for $1800 complete,that is an absolute bargain.

peterbo3
10-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Dale,
Mackmauler has fitted a Raymarine 600 recently. Digital, waterproof, 500W,about $1500. Give him a shout & ask for input.

MulletMan
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
One of the more little known but excellent sounders on the market is from Marinetec.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marinetek
The "Seamax" is the last of the internal rubber mounted models and they are virtually indestructable.
I once had an interest in a marine electronics shop in Manly and this model ran rings about anything else. We had one at VMR Vicky Point for many years and my own is now some 12 years old and never misses a beat.
About $1200 I think and certainly worth a look.
The Taylor Marine guys in Mooloolaba reckon they were on a par with the Furuno. I took one from the old shop to Sydney once because the screem seemed a bit concave at the top. The Techy grabbed it, chucked it on the floor with great gusto and then said "there you is, is all fixed!" And it was and worked for ever after........... Tougth as a witches tit they are!

MulletMan
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
One of the more little known but excellent sounders on the market if from Marinetec.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marinetek
The "Seamax" is the last of the internal rubber mounted models and they are virtually indestructable.
I once had an interest in a marine electronics shop in Manly and this model ran rings about anything else. We had one at VMR Vicky Point for many years and my own is now some 12 years old and never misses a beat.
About $1200 I think and certainly worth a look.
The Taylor Marine guys in Mooloolaba reckon they were on a par with the Furuno. I took one from the old shop to Sydney once because the screem seemed a bit concave at the top. The Techy grabbed it, chucked it on the floor with great guston and then said "there you, is all fixed!" And it was and worked for ever after........... Tough as a witches tit they are!