PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love Australia?

Dug
11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
I email a guy in the US of A about photography, his son is a Fisheries and Wildlife officer They have just been issued with the M4 assault rifle as well as the standard .41 cal Glock.
It makes our problems with a few people taking undersized fish look small doesn't it? #I realy could not imagine living like that he said it is unusual to find a beach thet is clean enough to swim on or free of medical waste dumped at sea YUCK!!!

M4 Rifle and M4A1 Rifle
The M4 Rifle and the #M4A1 5.56mm Carbine assault rifle are # # # # # # lightweight, gas operated, air cooled, magazine fed, selective rate, shoulder fired weapons with a collapsible stocks. A shortened variant of the M16A2 rifle, the M4 rifle provides the individual soldier operating in close quarters the capability to engage targets at extended range with accurate, lethal fire. The M4 Carbine achieves over 80% commonality with the M-16A2 Rifle. [smiley=anxious.gif] [smiley=anxious.gif] [smiley=anxious.gif]

basserman
11-08-2004, 05:43 PM
i can see it now some poor buggers just caught a just undersize bream in a otherwize fishless day and decides to keep it when all of a sudden two fisheriys inspectors jump out of some bushes assult rifles poissed and yel [smiley=rifle.gif] "Drop the fish and back away from the rod" ;D

blaze
11-08-2004, 06:02 PM
LMAO off over that comment basserman,I could see the picture in my mind. drinking a 4X might be the reason
cheers
blaze

ross_woody
11-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Australia any day, spent 3 weeks in the US. No place like home.

jaybee
11-08-2004, 07:12 PM
What you didnt mention dug is the failure rate of these weapons (jams) think i would go for the old slr 5.62
cheers
Joe

SHANE
11-08-2004, 09:07 PM
[smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

PinHead
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
The firearms are probably for nailing bears in the scrub.

Heath
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
i can see it now some poor buggers just caught a just undersize bream in a otherwize fishless day and decides to keep it when all of a sudden two fisheriys inspectors jump out of some bushes assult rifles poissed and yel [smiley=rifle.gif] "Drop the fish and back away from the rod" ;D

ABSOLUTELY pissing myself at that comment!!!!!!!!!

bidkev
12-08-2004, 12:42 PM
What you didnt mention dug is the failure rate of these weapons (jams) think i would go for the old slr 5.62
cheers
Joe

Shouldn't that be 7.62 Joe?...........SLR modified from the Belgian FN? I never had a stoppage in 18 yrs of using 'em.

And yes!...........I bloody luuuuuuuuuuuuuurv Australia :-)

cheers

kev

Dug
12-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Most of the early problems with the M16 have been sorted out annealing the cases solved the jamming problem (after a lot of US soldiers died because US companies saved a few cents on every round)
>:(

My son chose to carry an M16 rather than the Styer he reconed that was as dangerous to the shooter as the shootee ;D #

I have managed to jam an SLR but it was really clapped out.

jaybee
12-08-2004, 03:56 PM
yep ya right kev, a bit of brain drain on that one. LOL
cheers
Joe

lordy
12-08-2004, 04:29 PM
I saw a show on the AK v M16 during the Vietnam war. Apparently a lot of the M16 problems came from the bullets. The military cheaped out and switched to a a dodgy, inexpensiver gun powder which wasn't as clean and gummed up the mechanisms.

jaybee
12-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Lordy when i was in the army, the marines m16 was mainly plasic and stamped, wait for it Toltoys. don't know who made the tuffer bits
cheers
Joe

el_carpo
13-08-2004, 04:02 AM
Dang! I better watch myself! ;D There's fisheries cops with M-16s running around?! I've never seen one with anything but a regular, old service pistol personally. I think that's mostly for the officers out after the illegal hunter/trappers out in the wilderness. Some of those hill-billies can get pretty nasty (especially when they are running a moonshine still or a "meth" lab.) The US is still a good place in many ways, but we definately have some...uh...problems. ::)

reelcrazy
13-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Hey EL Carpo

This has more to do with Homeland Security than blowing away recalcitrant fisherfolks.

Words out amongst the East Coast fishing clubs and Volunteer Coast Guards to keep an eye out as well.

lordy
13-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Dang! I better watch myself! ;D There's fisheries cops with M-16s running around?! I've never seen one with anything but a regular, old service pistol personally. I think that's mostly for the officers out after the illegal hunter/trappers out in the wilderness. Some of those hill-billies can get pretty nasty (especially when they are running a moonshine still or a "meth" lab.) The US is still a good place in many ways, but we definately have some...uh...problems. ::)

Maybe fisheries officers have been given shoot to kill orders under the 3 strikes and you are out policy. Caught with undersized fish 3 times and ...... ;D Now that I think of it we could use that out here on some of the abelone poachers and set liners. ;D

el_carpo
13-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Oh. Yes then, that makes more sense reelcrazy.

I'll tell you what. I had a very serious "possible situation" last year whilst fishing Lake Michigan here. My bros and I were casting for salmon on the bank near a touristy area of down-town Chicago when we noticed a bunch of bubbles coming up from the depths. We walked over and lo and behold! What should we see but a diver in a wet suit and scuba gear rummaging around the wall down in the rocks near a tunnel. The diver was alone. He had no diver bouys anywhere, posting his location. It was as if he didn't want anyone to know that he was down there. Now I'm no expert on diving regs or anything, but I am pretty sure that you are required to not only put out bouys but also need permission. Here's the scariest thing. The date was September 10TH!!! I was thinking, "You know, it's probably nothing but if this is something bad (maybe a plot to blow up Navy Pier or something on September 11th, I have to do something." We shouted down to him and got no response. We casted our lures down right in front of his face and at first did nothing and then looked up and swam away (even though we were clearly motioning him to surface and chat with us. Some passersby and a sailor noticed us and looked down for him too. We asked the sailor if this is "something" and he seemed to think it was odd. That was enough for us. We ran and got a policeman. He looked and saw nothing so left and said call him if he appears again. He did, and we called the policeman again. He came over but again the guy was gone. Then things cooled off for a while until about a half hour later. We noticed a small raft about 800 feet or so off shore suddenly took off. I didn't notice if the diver climbed aboard it or not though--dang!!! About five minutes after that a big coast guard boat came flying through headed in the same direction as the raft! Never heard if there was anything to it or not. Strange. Keep your eyes OPEN folks. It happened here, Arabia, Africa, Spain, it can happen there too. God forbid it. :-/.... >:(

My brother caught a salmon that day by the way. ;)