PDA

View Full Version : August M&G Jacobs Well

Martin_C
27-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone
Just a few questions for the upcoming M&G @Jacobs Well on the 14th&15th August -

I'm not familiar with M&G (first timer) so I was wondering whereabouts you are all planning to go fishing (weather dependant etc..) I'm planning to bring my tinnie 4.3 mtr with 40hp so I would like to know where i could go fishing - are you planning to go to straddie or other places offshore etc??? or fishing the non ocean waters???

Does the campsite have boat ramp???

anyone's help would be grateful
regards
Martin

boatboy50
27-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey Martin,
Im a first timer to a M&G also, but ill be there. I have a great knowledge of the area, and yes the two lane ramp is right next door to the campsite/caravan park, alongside the VMR Jacobs Well unit, pub across the road, and convenience store also. Its a great location.
Theres sheeploads of places to fish, regardless of wind and weather, for all sorts of species. Youll find somewhere around the pin entrance im sure, as will most of the boats. Theres also heaps of access to beach fishing places, and access offshore for decent boats and skippers through the pin, or for the not so experienced through the Southport Seaway.
You could fish this M&G with a 10 foot tinny, and still catch some special fish.
If youve never been down here, grab a copy of Brownies Beacon to Beacon Directory from a local newsagent or shop at Jacobs Well, and then discover the beautiful waterways.
Regards
Darren

webby
27-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi The camp side is right next to the ramp.
Options are mainly estuary fishing, or depending on wx, you culd go offshore either via the pin bar, or long trek down to the seaway.
Theres usually a few try and catch a fish ;D, while the others dream about it while bending the right elbow.
Fred and Phill are the chefs for the weekend, and also supply the entertainment.
Dont no what the cost are for campsite.
You wont have trubs finding a deckies to show you around.
regards

PinHead
27-07-2004, 03:27 PM
"while the others dream about it while bending the right elbow. "

Come on Webby..some of us are left handed..but the special few are ambidextrous...beer in one hand..green ginger in the other...now that is enjoying oneself.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Theres usually a few try and catch a fish ....

& EELS don't forget the EELS, luv them EELS

[smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif]

Martin_C
27-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for the quick responses, my wife and I will be coming along and we'll also bring another person who will have a smaller tinny.

Oh by the way - seeing i'm a first timer, any eels we catch you can can have them seeing you have the experience in catching them

Oh almost forgot me is a lefty too, maybe the eeels will stay away

Loook forward to meeting a lot of you down there, we'll arrive Friday as we are coming down from caboolture, I think the tides are around 8;15am. I'll book a tent site tomorrow

Ty
Martin

Touchy - R.I.P.
28-07-2004, 03:46 AM
G'Day Ty,See ya' down there on Friday,I've booked into the first cabin opp the undercover bbq area,I know all the regular m&g groupies will make you all welcome & some of them can actually pull a fish or two ::)from the pin area, as above posts suggest there a quite a few options for the area & if you are into the soft plastics(frangers :P)bring some along as well there are always a few flattie that will chew 'em down there, I could show you a couple of areas that have worked for me in the past,Tho' my rates have gone up since the last trip & not many can now afford the TWO bottles of green death it takes to loosen my lips. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

gruntahunter
28-07-2004, 02:05 PM
ok see u guys down there...hew webby r u coming???...Might have to try out the local hey.

gruntahunter
28-07-2004, 02:11 PM
camp sites are $17 per night...for 2 persons

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Just a thought for any Pin newbies that will chase a few bream during the m&g w/end (probably dont havta tell ya's but I will anyway :P)you will improve your catches at the Pin if you bring along some berly even if its just the tried & true chook pellets/tuna oil/couple of tins of cat food burley or the more sophisticated versions like boiled rice,vegimite,soaked wheat,crushed old fish baits/prawn shells/aniseed/liquid fish pheromones,crushed soldiercrabs & shellgrit or even some of Webbies left over sandwiches,when the tide is right burly will increase the catch in this area.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>

blaze
30-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Parsnip soak in tuna oil floats and will carry a tuna oil slick a long way, dont know if that will help any one
cheers
blaze

Martin_C
30-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey Touchy

Thanks for the advice about fishing the pin. I've got some new soft plastics just for the lizards.
Berley yeap i'll make some of that up too. Ohhhhhhhh by the way what the hell is "green death"???
2 tent sites have been booked for us on fri and sat night, look forward to meeting a lot of you
also if anyone gets any upto date info on how the fish are biting, will you please post

Thanks
Martin

Touchy - R.I.P.
31-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Martin,Geen Death just happens to come in the form of dark green bottles full of green ginger wine & when said contents is transferred to ones digestive system the consumer becomes one of most feared things a fish can imagine(plus being able to leap tall buildings/speeding bullet thingo,ect. ect. ;D)Cheers Touchy.><>.><>.><>.

dick_inc
31-07-2004, 03:42 AM
any locals going to be there? I may be able to make it out for one day, not sure which as yet, but I live about 15 mins from the well so I'll be staying home in my comfortable bed thanks.

cheers chris

MTpockets
31-07-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm local and hope to camp the sat night. Hope to see ya there
Les

Lucky_Phill
31-07-2004, 03:56 PM
WEll, things are shaping up fellas. #The Bream should be in full cry at this time of year.

Touchy, will probably bring down someof his special/ secret, U-Beaut, Bait that we may be able to pinch a bit off him.

I'll be getting down there Friday night as well. #

There will be a large tarp ( silver ) erected next to the BBQ area. #This will be the general Meet & Greet place.

This also will double as a place that some of you who only bring a swag can camp under. #Yes, it is quite large. #The Ausfish Banner will be flying proudly.

The BBQ area in between Touchy's Cabin and the camp area has a electric bbq, washup area with hot water & sink and a power point.

But, under the big top ( ::) ) will be a gas BBQ, tables, condiments, large esky, Map of the area, etc.

The area has many places to fish, and I ( or Nugget ) will post the local report on the Thursday/ Friday prior to the trip.

Last time the Ausfishers tuned up in droves, but, only one ( Cloud_9 ) bought any family, his daughter.

These Meet & Greets are for all members, members friends and family, so feel free to drag the Handbrake and Tin Lids along.

The " Usual Suspects " #::) # # #:o #stay around the camp and give directions to newbies etc. #Maybe we just like to stay where the Green Death doth brew !

Let's not forget to attend the Office upon arrival. #We have been to this place before and got invited to go back ( #I do believe that is a first # ::) # # #??? # # # ;) ).

OK, more later Ferets.

Cheers #Phill

Lucky_Phill
31-07-2004, 04:02 PM
shot of the area.

Phill

Lucky_Phill
31-07-2004, 04:03 PM
The campsite will be where the word ' PARK " in yellow is.

Phill

NeilD
31-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Only 14 sleeps until the M&G. Is anyone intending to hit the surf at either the Bedrooms or Nth Tip of Sth Straddie. I can't get my normal partners in crime to come on down so I would like to catch up with a few heading over. I like the last game plan of a M&G and BBQ and head off about 4.00pm. Do we take a some wood& a swag then head back to the M&G for Breaky or what?
Cheers Neil

Dirty_Mole
01-08-2004, 04:50 AM
Last time the Ausfishers tuned up in droves, but, only one ( Cloud_9 ) bought any family, his daughter.

What about me?
I Came with My-TopEnder by the way

Lucky_Phill
01-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry, Neil, No Wood. Fires are not allowed in the park.

Certainly turn up when you feel like, and by all accounts there should be a few heading to the surf.

cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
01-08-2004, 06:38 PM
another map thingie

sharkbait
01-08-2004, 06:52 PM
The " Usual Suspects " #::) # # #:o #stay around the camp and give directions to newbies etc. #Maybe we just like to stay where the Green Death doth brew !

# # # # ).

OK, more later Ferets.

cheers, kris.

Cheers #Phill

Suspect usuals?? have fun fellas, can't make this one...

jaybee
02-08-2004, 01:22 PM
if it was the following weekend i could probably attend with a client, however i may be able to call in on the way to nerang on the 14th, don't what time just yet see how things go. Would be good to catch up fred
cheers
Joe.

SCOTTYGC
03-08-2004, 07:33 PM
bump ;D

MY-TopEnder
04-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I may have already said i'd be there but i haven't been on for a few weeks so an update.

I've emailed the park about getting a cabin because i'm thinking about an extended stay... if not i'll set up the tent with the rest of you guys. I'm planning on coming down on the Friday night after work and stay friday night, saturday night and then prolly into mid week. Either way i'll have me and the little deckie from last time. There will be 2 spaces available each day as usual.

gruntahunter
05-08-2004, 12:01 PM
woooohoooo 10 days to go

MY-TopEnder
05-08-2004, 01:04 PM
And counting....

I've got a cabin booked as well now so everything should be sweet.

Dirty_Mole
05-08-2004, 01:10 PM
awsome i get to stay in a cabin. i can't wait i haven't been fishing for weeks

gruntahunter
05-08-2004, 02:03 PM
if its really cold guys can i put my tent in ur cabins?????????

philip_thomson
05-08-2004, 02:26 PM
now thats a smart idea gruntahunta

Touchy - R.I.P.
06-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Sorry Grunt but Betty maybe popping in(OR OUT :-X) so my cabin will be full. ;D ;D ;D ;D.Oh btw she was asking me the other day if that tall dark n hansome Sam was coming down? :-*.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

gruntahunter
06-08-2004, 01:16 PM
do u mean araby dog .Fred or another Sam. Or does she call all tall dark haired men Sam lol

caveman
06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
well guys definately coming to this one will be down thur-snite with the gang i mentioned in an earlier post what are the fishing options, so i know what rods to bring as i said i will not have boat so if at all possable would like to hitch a ride with someone(preferably outside fishing) but hey beggers can't be choosers looking forward to see you all and catching up with the few i have met in the past

cheers gary

Touchy - R.I.P.
07-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Gary,I think most of the fishing will be estuary,bream/flattie ect.seems like a few may head for the surf & perhaps a couple offshore,not sure if Streaker (offshore)is coming down,he is a bit of a tightarse when it comes to sharing a drink or two,(you have to pinch it off him when he ain't looking :-X )so he usually makes some pisspoor excuse & stays away ;D,If he did lob he would be one that would offer you a seat I'm sure but I think from previous post there will be seats available for the estuary fishing,I will have my estuary rig there & I wont be fishing all the time so you are quite welcome to pop out with my offsider Big_D or my son Jonno(who will be down on the Sun.) if you haven't had a seat offered before then.><>.Gruntahunta,Betty was asking about araby dog :P but seeing has how this M&G is shaping as a real family meet she may just have to stay outta'sight 8).Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Big-D
07-08-2004, 04:27 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D BRING BACK BETTY,BRING BACK BETTY,BRING BACK BETTY,Come on fred Bring her back we all miss her. [smiley=laola.gif]

Payneful
07-08-2004, 06:19 AM
Well i am all booked in ready for my virgin meet and greet... will be good to put some faces to names ... i will be brining a 16ft tinny and have a space for someone who knows where to fish :) As i really have no clue ??? See you all soon

Sam.

gruntahunter
08-08-2004, 11:39 AM
7 sleeps to go
Hey is Webby coming?

Martin_C
10-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Ladies and guys

Well the countdown is on, only 4 days to go.
Do we have any upto date information on the fishing??? :o

Also how many lady members, wifes, girlfriends families will be there-just a quesion from my good lady wife as she is coming too? by the way she's a good bream catcher (42cm) :-X :o

Hope the weekend weather will be good for us all

look forward to catching up with you all

PinHead
11-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Special request time...my 21 year old son is coming down with me and wants to do a bit of fishing...he is not very experienced..has his own gear..anyone got a seat in a boat for a novice ?????

Touchy - R.I.P.
11-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Martin_C,I fail to see what your wifes chest size has to do with catching bream???? :o ::) :D ;D ;D ;D,It would seem tho' that from other posts there will be a few families coming to this one,><>.PinHead,Com'on down,I'm sure we will be able to organise a seat for your boy.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

PinHead
11-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Don't worry Touchy..wild horses won't keep me away..XXXX and green ginger will be the first things packed.

craigie
11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Had a bit of a re-think of my priorities so now I will also be in attendance ;D. I'll be down after lunch on Saturday.
Touchy and I might hit my Bream Spot X on Saturdays High tide.

Cheers
Craigie.

MY-TopEnder
11-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Pin Head... he can come along with me if ya like? similar age so no doubt we'll find some shit to carry on with...

philip_thomson
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
hey guys i am unable to get to this meet n greet as i was unable to get out of work. i was really looking forward to coming down to meet u guys. but the next one i will be at. hope you all have a great time

cheers phil

Burley_Boy
11-08-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm Mr mom this weekend as the missus is globetrotting so I'll see if I can get to stay overnight otherwise I'll try to pop in for a while on Saturday arvo.

Lucky_Phill
12-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Yes folks , it's only 3 sleeps away ( 2 for some of us ).

Even if you don't want to fish, feel free to pop in and bring the Cheese & Kisses and the Tin Lids. Pop the kids in the park and the missus to the Pub.

If you's turn up around a lunch / dinner time, bring a snag / steak for the bbq.

Looks like the wind will blow out some fishing trips.:-

Friday: NW winds 10/15 knots, freshening to 20/30 knots later in the day.
Saturday: NW winds 20/30 knots, turning W to SW late in the day.

Bugga ! ah well, any PORT in a storm !

Cheers Phill

adriancorrea
12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
That could change a few plans

Tight Lines
Adrian

Streaker
13-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Touchy
I'll be coming down on Sayurday. I might find that bottle of Greenie that went missing.
Wayne

peewee
13-08-2004, 05:47 AM
LOL Wayne ;)..You really think that you will have much luck finding it again ??
;D

MY-TopEnder
13-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Ah shit.... thats a bit too windy for my liking. Ah well we'll be down anyway. Coming down Friday night and setting up the tent in an unpowered site, then just staying Friday night and Saturday night...

propdinger
13-08-2004, 08:34 AM
sounds like good fun for me and my jetski instead of my boat this weekend

jef

Payneful
13-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Since the wind is not cooperating ... what are the fishing options going to be like? I have never fished this area before ???

See you all on Saturday

Sam

propdinger
13-08-2004, 11:09 AM
down near jacobs well you can always get out of the wind its all islands and trees etc may be lumpy in open areas but you should easily be able to hide from it

Lucky_Phill
13-08-2004, 12:53 PM
I'll bring down a bucket of water, with some goldfish in, and you can chuck sp's at them, Sam.

While the rest of us watch and have a few light refreshments. ;) ;D

There is options for getting out of the wind./ some of the ' locals' will point you in the right direction.

Phill

gruntahunter
13-08-2004, 01:13 PM
oh well 2 sleeps to go ans better buy more beer

Payneful
13-08-2004, 01:42 PM
The Fridge has 30 pack Carlton Midi's for $27.99 not a bad deal and considering the weather ... not a bad option i reckon. Maybe someone can join me throwing sp's at Phill's bucket of goldfish and sinking pale ale ;D

Sam.

MY-TopEnder
13-08-2004, 03:07 PM
GRRRR

Even the best laid plans don't always work. Me and Sam will be down first thing saturday morning, probably leaving EARLY so we get there in plenty of time. Don't ask why... but the hint is "F**kin parents"

All new plastics, $30 worth of jig heads, and the last month off fishing... that damm boat is getting wet if it kills me.

Cloud_9
13-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Phill is the BBQ sat arvo the same time as before try to get down again try to catch a few more people to put with the names from here.
what about name tags??
Na to lame. :P

Cheers Cloud 9

Cheech
14-08-2004, 03:51 PM
What a bummer about this wind.

If I remember correctly, that was a major contributor to a low turnout of the mast M & G. Who would have picked it twice in a row...

What is going in our favour this time is that it will be a lot warmer than last time, so a lot more pleasant.

I missed the last because I had to work, but still plan on getting down there tomorrow, wind or no wind.

Besides, there is a bloke there I owe a couple of green bottles.

Am still tossing up about the boat, but will probably drag it along for a couple of hours of fishing. Is a little creek that I am interested in giving a go if I can get out there. (and another couple of green bottles)

Will be bringing my 7yo son. Is anyone else still bringing kids?

MY-TopEnder
14-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Everything was all on track for a departure tonight.... untill i went to check the lights on the trailer and nope. No break lights... peak hour traffic with no brake lights is suicide. So fixed that now and everything is packed.. me and the lil brother will be down at 6am tomorrow morning. Bringing the boat for the spaces as promised...

Burley_Boy
14-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm still Mr Mom all weekend but I'm trying to palm the kids off.... Cheech I have an 8yo son who will cry if I force him to come fishing!! We'll see what kids I do end up with I'd love to stay over so I can have a few drinks but otherwise I'll just rock up for the BBQ in the afternoon. ;D
Looks like I won't be bringing the boat this time. :(

Hey I did a bit of Sh** stiring on a post last night and bumped it up, looks like someone didn't like the thread and its been obliterated all 7 pages of it! Hope I didn't step on someones toes! :)

propdinger
15-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Jamie i spoke to Phill last night he said bbq at around lunch time being phill could be from 12noon to 4pm ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheech the wind is a factor but last night Luck_phill, Touchy, Big_d, Scottygc, fish_feeder, Maria and I all sat in the 40+ knot winds and still had fun. (felt over 50 knots at times )

if you cant go fishing thre is still plenty of people drinking and having a laugh at the caravan park i personally wont be fishing just a social this time even taking the handbrake :-X (fiancee)

the more the better if you cant go fishing and feel like meeting a great bunch of people rock up and have a laugh

jeff

jeffo
15-08-2004, 04:21 AM
"handbrake" LMAO!! :o ::) :-X
not alot else to do today.. i might even go for a drive and have a chat.