PDA

View Full Version : the Jetty now has Security guards  

shano
15-08-2004, 03:38 PM
well we all knew it would happen the pumping jetty now has Security guards ! due to the big fight that occured on tuesday night!
really did it have to come to this! even though we knew it was coming!
your thoughts on this?

bungie
15-08-2004, 03:43 PM
big fight ?

imnotoriginal
15-08-2004, 03:50 PM
did someone finally crack the sh*ts with the people taking esky loads of under-sized fish?
Joel

shano
15-08-2004, 03:58 PM
must of! someone must of had a gutfull!

DaneCross
15-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Big fight!? How many people involved in the fight?? How did you hear about it? Do the security guards check size/bag limits? ::) ;) ;D

Gazza
15-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Big fight!? How many people involved in the fight?? How did you hear about it?

Do the security guards check size/bag limits? ::) ;) ;D

Probably not specifically at the MOMENT....

But I bet Phills :Pleft one , they aren't stupid , and WOULD SURELY be checking who the regulars :o.....are >:( .... and take a few notes here and there ::)
Maybe even the carpark would be worth a stroll ,now and then :o , be safe as , and any bad habits noted with a rego or three to look at "where they live" ???
and sssssoon react i.e. brief others , to have a closer inspection ;)

p.s. gee phill hope ,my theory, is right :o
;D :D :D :D
Regards
Gazza

DaneCross
15-08-2004, 09:10 PM
The carpark was full of smashed glass when we were down there a few weeks back, i'd say plenty of cars had fallen victim to the scum who hang around there at night, it'd be worth them patrolling the carpark every now and then... but the question is, what can they do? What power do these security guards have??

Fitzy
15-08-2004, 09:34 PM
So are you saying its good or bad there's security on the jetty now. I would think it would be welcomed news unless they're kicking people off without reasonable reason.

Cheers,

fitzy..

el_carpo
16-08-2004, 01:01 AM
I hope things get better there from now on. From what I've read here and in the past, it must have been a really awful place. You can't let the criminals claim an area and at the same time prohibit the citizenry from defending themselves legally. If you do, you get Chicago. There are huge areas along the Chicago lake-front that I would be killed or at the very least beaten by gang-bangers if I tried to fish there especially at night. One guy was shot last year while casting for salmon. A bunch of Bull-(you know what)!

I'm glad something has been done there. Hope things cool off and no more violence occurs. Good luck.

E.C.

chicagoguy
16-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Heyyyy.... watch it now, I'm from Chicago! The fishing is great here and the lakefront is generally safe. Yes there are gang bangers out partying, but usually leave fishermen alone. It also depends what part of the lake you are fishing at. There is some of the most expesive properties along the north side. ;D Later guys!

el_carpo
16-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Ya, I know. I wasn't talking about the North side. You're from Chicago? Did you come over from CLF? If so, who are you there (user-name)? I used the same name. Yes, Ausfish, I've given you a few free plugs. ;D

shano
16-08-2004, 06:22 AM
second hand info from a mate that was there on friday night! he asked the guards why they were there and they said due tosome fight on tuesday night!i think they are there to keep the peace only!

el_carpo
16-08-2004, 06:35 AM
So in a few days, they leave and it all goes back to "normal"? Oh well. ::)