PDA

View Full Version : Great M&G  

sunrise
16-08-2004, 05:05 AM
Thank again to lucky Phill
The M&G @ Jacobs wells was one of the best Roll outs yet.
Enjoyed meeting some new faces and catchin up with old one too.
Think everyone enjoyed them selves..
the Bqq was great.. Some poeple know how to have BBQ's
2inch thick Marinaded steaks washed down with a bottle of Dimples Scotch
Will bring my prunes socked in port for desert at the next one
No doubt there be a few reports posted about the M/g
things like ...... I leave it to some of the others to post
Cant take all the thunder out of there posts

johno

MY-TopEnder
16-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Sam (Dirty_Mole), and I agree... bloody good meet and greet with an awesome turnout. Not many went fishing but we headed out to Whalleys with Pinheads son and managed a 45cm flathead on plastics. First cast, bout 10 seconds as i was picking up the slack from the wind and this flathead hit it. Nothing touched bait or plastics after that so we headed back to camp at about 12.

I've got 1 photo of a small group sitting around the "foyer" of Phils Jacobs Well Hilton.

jeffo
16-08-2004, 08:22 AM
well done to the "oldies"( ;D) for putting on another good meet.
was good to meet a few new faces.
maybe for the next one we can organise a freshwater weekend when the weather warms up a bit?

MTpockets
16-08-2004, 08:26 AM
I popped in for an hour or so and met more people than I can remember. Great to put names to faces so to speak and enjoyed banter with webby, touchy Phil and streaker. Well done Phil and touchy..... great M&G and hopefully I can spend a lot more time at the next one. The last one was no go for me due to flu and this one the wife was ill with it, so Next one we will either be very fit, or very dead :)
cheers
Les

philip_thomson
16-08-2004, 08:48 AM
sounds like you guys had a great time. i was going to come but couldn;t get out of work >:(. was really looking forward to it oh well next time i will be there. glad everyone enjoyed them selves. look forward to getting down to the next one.
cheers phil

Lucky_Phill
16-08-2004, 11:07 AM
OK, what a turnout !

I’m sure there will be posts about fish etc here, so I’ll start be thanking Touchy for the suggestion of Jacobs Well again, a terrific spot to do what we do, which is ?

Anyway, thanks to all who attended and helped.

I have attempted to remember names etc of the ‘ attendies “, by if I get them wrong, sorry.

propdinger ( Jeff )& Andrea
fishfeeder #( Andrew )& Lisa, plus Sam, Jarrod and Drew
rankin_ray # ( Ray #)
Big_D # #( Peter )
Touchy #( Fred )
Gruntahunta #( Peter )
Webby #( Brian (
SCOTTYGC #( #Scott )
Cheech # ( Craig )
Goanna #( Ken ) #and Earl
Streaker #( Wayne ) & Merv
Payneful #( Sam ) #& #Kathryn
caveman # ( Gary )
Martin_C #( Martin ) and Jenny & Neil
Burley_Boy #( Yokem ) & Rebbeca & Sara
Boatboy50 #( Darren ) #& Kathleen
Pinhead #( Greg ) #& ’ Flea “
My-Top_Ender ( Rob )
Dirty_Mole #( Sam )
MichaelG #( Michael )
Cloud_9 # ( Jamie ) & #Candy
Sunrise #( Johnno )
MT_Pockets ( Les #) & Debbie
Craigie # ( Craig ) #& Andy
jeffo #( Jeff ) #& #Mel
Maria #( Ben )
Michael_ Brewer #( Mick )
Lucky_Phill ( Phill ) & Maree & Brooke
& Jonno ( John ) turned up on Sunday morn for a quickie. #

My maths ain’t too good but it appears that we had 30 Ausfish members and 20 ‘ ring-in’s. #Being Wives, GF’s, Kids, Rellies and friends. #Now, if I left someone out, let me know ?

Sorry I wasn’t there when some of you returned from the morning’s fishing, but had , well, most of you know what I was up to.

Cheers # Phill

and a belated #adamleah #( Adam )

adamleah
16-08-2004, 11:21 AM
::) ::)Me...You forgot Me... ::) ::)

I wasnt there for long ,, but was good meeting everyone again...
Hopefully next time I will be staying overnight...

Thanks again to phil and touchy for organising the shindig..

Streaker
16-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys
good to get together for a few drinks and a chat . My dad really had a good time with Touchy and I managed to get a free stubbie with some Greenie. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Thanks again Wayne

PinHead
16-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Great weekend...thanks guys.
And Phil..the name is Greg..you got it right last time..but I will forfive ya.

Flea enjoyed himself..cept for the snoring but I won't mention names on that one.

caveman
16-08-2004, 12:31 PM
yep well done phil and all involved great w/end but i gotta say name tags would be good (some sugested sign in name tags), got my first flatty on a soft plastic not big but at least i'm away

MTpockets
16-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Instead of name tags we should carry out the suggestion for Tshirts with our names and ausfish names and ausfish logo as well. I think from research for another site I am involved with, $45 gets you a really nice logo'd shirt.
good one to follow up on.
cheers
Les

boatboy50
16-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey Guys,
For all you guys that werent there, it was a great M&G.
We all became one with the wind, got a bit wet at times, pounded with the chop at times, and i got to know the VMR Jacobs Well guys really well. (I can hear Phil still laughing! Doh)
For everyones knowledge, i had a very small problem with my boat on the first day, which ended in me being towed all the way home from Short Bank.
A $3.00 powerhead fuse assembly replaced, and the boat was back on the water again.
Just to make Phil laugh even more, me and Scottygc fished all day Sunday (under our own power mind you!), and caught nothing but an undersized Flattie, gotta love the pin.
The weather turned good though, and the arvo was a good day.
Thanks to all that organised the event, looking forward to the next, minus the wind, and maybe a touch warmer.
Thanks Guys.
Regards
Darren

Lucky_Phill
16-08-2004, 03:28 PM
ok, more amendments done.

T-Shirt with names. Better have them ( the names ) printed upside down on the front, so we can remember who WE are !

Phill

And why didn't you give your boat rego to J/Well VMR Darren ? ;) :-X

;D ;D ;D ;D

boatboy50
16-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey Phil,
Things can be a bit too close to home at times!
The VMR Boys all talk, and i could have been recognised hiding behind that dashboard, red faced!
Half thought you guys would greet us on the beach laughing and clapping, but thankfully that didnt eventuate. I think you all made up for it when i arrived there though, with the occasional dig here and there. Lol.
Gotta laugh at these things, cos thats what makes boating so addictive!
Regards
Darren

propdinger
16-08-2004, 03:45 PM
hey phill you trying to get me in shite giving me a different women # ;) ...lol (andrea says thank you for changing it)
oh and the lump on my head has gone down finally # :-/

was good to meet more people and have a laugh #;D ;D ;D

cheers
jeff

Lucky_Phill
16-08-2004, 03:52 PM
shoot, another amendment

Phill

ken4159
16-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks to Phil & Touchy for a great weekend. Nice to faces to names, looking forward to next M & G (no wind please)

Ken

propdinger
16-08-2004, 03:58 PM
thats a bloody big ask Ken
maybe in a hall next time ??? ??? :-/
;D ;D ;D ;D

bidkev
17-08-2004, 04:36 AM
Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed yourselves.......sorry I missed it but the deckie was working and I was stuck with 5 kids. One consolation though, when she gets her days off Wed/Thursday, and if the wind has backed off, I'll be sitting in the Bay thinking of the wind you guys had to contend with :-)

cheers

kev

adriancorrea
17-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Sorry couldnt make it to this one.
Had the little fella sick and too much bloody wind.
Maybe next one, sound like the usuall fun was had.

Tight Lines
Adrian

bidkev
17-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Sorry couldnt make it to this one.
Had the little fella sick and too much bloody wind.

[smiley=stop.gif]Lay off the beans and mushy peas Adrian ;-)

kev

Martin_C
17-08-2004, 02:43 PM
HI Guys

Thanks for a great weekend, I too enjoyed it. My wife Jenny and friend Neil enjoyed it aswell. It was great ot put some names to faces

Payneful
17-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Awesome weekend ... thanks guys!

A big thanks to Phill .... those sasuages were cooked to perfection!!!

Sam

blue_rogue
18-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Hey Phil,

Is an offshore M & G in the Pipeline for the Gold Coast region...

By the sounds of the weekend, you all had a ball. Good to hear

Wish i was there

All the best,

SCOTTYGC
18-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Big thanks to Tochey & Phil for a great weekend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I got there on friday afternoon and setteled in to the cabin with tochey and peter Then off to the Ausfish hilton for a few quite beers with Phil & co ,after a few misshaps with the hilton blowing around in the strong wind we moved over to the cabin to watch the footy
thanks to Darren (boatboy50) for taking me out in his boat for a fish on the sat & sun with a few hiccups on the sat was all good on the sun
As for a few people staying in the cabin on the sat night Ive never heard so much snoring [smiley=zzz.gif] i didnt think trains went past jacobs well but i would swear there was one coming through the window that night ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)
Was great to catch up with people and have a few beers
The fish seem to get bigger as the night rolled on
I agree about the no wind for the next one where ever it may be
Cheers
Scotty

PinHead
18-08-2004, 10:37 AM
LMAO Scotty..I wonder where all the noise was coming from..might have been from Big D and Touchy in the other room or perhaps Webby on the lounge floor. Other than that, I have no idea who you are referring to..but..I also hear you also emit some mean notes when in the sleep mode.

Cloud_9
18-08-2004, 03:41 PM
another great event again with phill and touche in the drivers seat so to speek.
i only stayed for few hours this time but i had an enjoyable afternoon chating and bending the right arm. my daughter candy will remember afternoons play with brook and berley-boys 2 rugrats ( bike race accident, skinned knees and dammaged ego) but fun was had .
on the name tag thing, I did make that suggestion . and i nearly wore my fishing shirt that i emdroyderd with Cloud 9 but changed my mind.
i probably will wear it next time but that will only help other people, not this Ausfisher with the CRAFT ( cant remeber a fu##ing thing )
but had a good time any way. thanks phill and touche

Cheers Cloud 9

Burley_Boy
18-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys for a great afternoon.
Was unsure if the girls would enjoy it but Rebecka and Sara had a ball and want to stay over next time.

As for the wind at least it kept the mozzies away! Hear the Well can get bad enough to require blood restoration treatment in summer.

Nice to hear some stories and I'll see you all next time.
As far as T-shirts go I'd be just as happy with just a cap with my call sign on it. Could have Ausfish on front and call sign on the back strap. Just a thought.
Did hear that I have apparently nicked the call sign from a young lad, maybe I should amend it to "Burley Ol Man"

Cheers
Joakim

MY-TopEnder
19-08-2004, 05:21 AM
As for the wind at least it kept the mozzies away! Hear the Well can get bad enough to require blood restoration treatment in summer.

I dunno... i'm paying the price now for wearing a singlet and shorts... i've got a few mozzie bites to prove i was at the well on the weekend.

Ah well, it was a good weekend.

Touchy - R.I.P.
19-08-2004, 05:44 AM
It would seem a most enjoyable m & g was had by all,Great to see so many of the younger keen fisho brigade turn up,Steve (Ausfish)can be pleased I feel of the conduct & the comradeship shown by all whist under the Ausfish banner & it wouldn't supprise me one bit if Steve is not already organising name & Ausfish logos tshirts for all those that attended(He,Steve,is very, very rich you know :-X),Yes even an upside down shirt for Lucky-(Any PORT In A Storm)-Phil,Plus one for Caveman who came all the way from Woop Woop just to help us put up the tent & gear on Fri.arvo :P.Pity the fish did not want to play but I feel the water salinity would of had to effect them,I have never seen it so bad that when the boat windscreen copped any spray & it dried & it was a white sheet which you couldn't see thru' :o it was so salty,Big_D's(Peter)35cm Squire was for him a highlite of the trip no doubt,Jonno & I tried to find a few Tailor at the entrance Mon. morning to no avail so we popped over to Kalanga Bank at the tide change & Jonno scored a snodger Bream on a pillie & I frangered a 45cm Flattie then the wind arrived AGAIN!so we pulled the plug on(for me anyway,first serious fishtrip since the op) a top w/end,roughing it in one of the parks new you-beaut cabins wasn't hard to take either :D(apart from that bloody phantom snorer 8) ::) :P :-X.Cheers All Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

gruntahunter
19-08-2004, 09:20 AM
yeah good weekend fellas ty....u fellas missed the tailor catch brought in on Sunday morn...bout 20 tailor......biggest 7kg...yes thats right ..7kg...wat a monster
lookin forward to next one.
And Frred didnt give u waynes phone number m8..if u want it give me a pp ok

Cloud_9
19-08-2004, 12:53 PM
lets see that MONSTER.
the big fishies [smiley=glasses2.gif]

Chees Cloud 9

MY-TopEnder
19-08-2004, 02:30 PM
I heard about this thing but didn't actually see it... my little brother got back and said he'd seen some monster Tailor at the Jacobs Well bait and tackle.