PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts? Did you know

Kerry
29-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Once one hits the top of the ramp it's illegal not to have a seatbelt on ::), bitumen, public road and all that sort of stuff.

Actually heard a nasty rumour that it's also illegal to reverse down a boat ramp without a seatbelt on ???. However not entirely sure about the reversing bit, especially on the boatramp (not the concrete bit as opposed to the public road bit) but if anybody has any clarification then lets hear it.

So does anybody know where the "public road" stops and the boatramp starts :o

Cheers, Kerry.

klyons
29-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Kerry
Unless they changed the law while I wasn't watching reversing was one of the few times you were exempted from wearing a seatbelt.

Kev

bungie
29-08-2004, 05:59 PM
I thought it was a car park, the public road has a street name.

propdinger
29-08-2004, 06:40 PM
reversing and under 25kmp or very frequent stopping is when you dont have to wear a seat belt

well in the road book i have read not so long ago ::)

ba229
29-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Pulling hairs here a bit aren't we? if you get done for not wearing a seatbelt on a boat ramp let me know and i will become a politicial to correct the problem ;D

p.s. if the world does really come to this .... it is time to drop out :-)

Maria
29-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Amen Alex. If any copper busts you for reversing down a ramp not wearing a seatbelt, ask him for his rank (or the highest ranking officer if more than one is present), badge number and station. When he asks why you want that info, tell him that you want to talk to his NIC about it and report him. If cops are going to bust you for that kind of thing, I think the time has seriously come for some investigation into how tax payer's dollars are spent.

cHiCo
30-08-2004, 04:25 AM
only have to wear a seatbelt when you are going forward. Just did my learners and that was a question

bay_firey
30-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Not sure about the 25km going forward, but certainly when reversing you are exempt from wearing a seatbelt on nay road/roadway.

NeilD
30-08-2004, 06:38 AM
The slow moving/frequent stop exemption is for Milkos etc. I have been told that public areas such as shopping centre carparks are under normal traffic rules. I don't think I would be getting my Knikkers in a knot about having to wear a seatbelt at the ramp though.

Cheers Neil

clutter
30-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Find me someone who has been done for it and then we can worry about it. There are plenty of laws out there but not all have to be inforced. Common sence should always prevail and I'm sure the police have better things to do than bother a few fishos dragging their boats out of the water.

Clutter