PDA

View Full Version : site outages??

Burley_Boy
27-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Just wondering if its just me and my connection but the last few days I've at times been uanble to get onto any part of the ausfish site. ie can't even ping the dns address.
Realize it can get busy at times so its not a whinge but a more a question if its just my connection.

basserman
27-08-2004, 05:51 PM
i'v had the same thing
last three night at around 8pm i can't get to any part of ausfish at all for about a hour or so :-[

subzero
28-08-2004, 12:59 AM
ditto, happens often to me, works real quick in the mornings though so I suspect it's usage related. I am on Optus cable so I suspect it might be the host server???

bungie
28-08-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm on Bigpond cable and the whole bloody thing has been running slow

MulletMan
28-08-2004, 04:42 AM
Me too Bungie!
Cable used to fly but with so many people now changing over, I reckon my speed has dropped by 33% when browsing.
Once on a site it is OK but very slow to what is was a few years ago.

imported_admin
28-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Chat board is starting to overload the server at peak times 6 - 9 pm. Am investigating another upgrade either to the server or to the chat board script.

Site is currently recieving over 8.5 Million hits a month, about 40% of this is from the chat board, around 60 Gig is transferred from Ausfish each month.

Hopefuly all upgrades will be done by the September 7th. Sooner if I can find an extra hour or two in the day.

Burley_Boy
28-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Figured it might be the case, thanks for your work Steve and good luck with the upgrades. Didn't know the hit counters had that many zeros ;D ;D ;D

ANYFISH
28-08-2004, 01:03 PM
keep up the good work steve

bloody good site with a bunch of good fishoes

ba229
31-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey steve, just a quick question.

Have the smilies been removed from live chat for any particular reason?

regards
alex

bungie
31-08-2004, 05:04 PM
And the notification link too

Gazza
31-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Just wondering if its just me and my connection but the last few days I've at times been uanble to get onto any part of the ausfish site. ie can't even ping the dns address.
Realize it can get busy at times so its not a whinge but a more a question if its just my connection.

M8 you probably just didn't pay your phone acct. , and were disconnected...true....promise.... ;D

"This conversation never took place ,we were never here!" ;D

p.s. Steve ,pull a sickie and sort the site out, the boss won't mind.....true...promise [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

NQCairns
01-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Ahhh.. the notification link :P I thought I was going crazy, I was sure there was one but couldn't find it, glad it is not just me ::)
The only connecton problem I have had have been short lived, I just go surfing elsewhere for 15 min, look forward to the upgrade anyway.nq