PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up on some cheap boating / camping stuff

Render
30-08-2004, 10:17 AM
The Render took himself off to the Tweed Bundys today for to buy some sand for some brickwork.

Didn't score the sand (which I will half-inch from the beach where there seems to be lots of it lying around), but I did grab a couple of cheapies which I thought you blokes might like to know of.

First up is a sexy little portable gas cooker. Perfect for those romantic evening picnics moored up on the beach, or for cooking undersized bream alive and slow.

This little beauty was $18, marked down from $30 and does a spiffing job. The gas cans for it are $7 for 4, marked down from $9

Render
30-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Second up is a waterproof and floating Eveready lantern. It takes them big-arse 6v batteries with the wee springs on the top.

These aren't as much fun as the little square 9v jobs, 'cause you can lick those in moments of boredom for a tongue-tingling thrill.

These lovelies were a real grab. They had a big load of them last week for $10 a go. This week, they're down to FOUR BUCKS a shot! $4!!

I grabbed a good few to use to the tub and on the beach. Also for to keep round the house in case the unheard of occurs and we have one of those million-to-one, freak power cuts during the summer, ho hum(!) #::) #::)

Still loads left, though and they've got a sexy little Krypton bulb to wave at Superheroes, if they ever moor too close to your boat.

You can also use it to hang over the side of the boat and look at the 10 billion rat bream staring back up at you.

Render
30-08-2004, 10:29 AM
And finally - one of my favourite little toys.

This here is a battery charger that charges all the usual re-chargable battery types.

But it doesn't stop there, oh no. Like Lauren Jackson's legs, it goes a lot further than that.

This gizmo will also charge up - steps back in amazement - ordinary, good-quality, 'non-rechargeable' alkaline batteries!

I have had this fellah a while now, and I can state that it does exactly wot it says on the tin. I've added it here, 'cause it also charges up the big square 6v batteries the lamp up there ^ uses.

Bargain or wot? You can score this manna from Nirvanah at the Tweed Whorehouse, next to Subgay. Comes in at $70, but worth it, 'specially at the rate my digicam eats batteries.

So, there you have it.

Am I good to you lot, or wot??

Cheers,

R

paz
30-08-2004, 01:44 PM
we use those little cookers,,,bloody great.....last trip we went we had four goin,,one each for steak,eggs,onion,potato's ;)...only thing is the cans freeze when turned up high,,so just pull it out,,let it defrost while you plug along with another....
paz ;D

caveman
30-08-2004, 04:03 PM
mate go to BW for the butane canisters they are only $6

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-09-2004, 09:17 AM
[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]you crack me up render ..... #[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

just what we need a Demtel fella on Ausfish.

can't wait for the Napisan solicitations ....

chris