PDA

View Full Version : Bait Net Dimensions

Jim_Tait
31-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Could someone please help me out I'm applying for a NSW scientific collecting permit including for gear I havn't yet purchased (you need a long lead time with these applications) and intend to use a bait net (seine net) as part of my proposed sampling - the applications requires net dimensions and I'm planning to go for an approximately ~20m, 1/2 inch (=12mm?) and ~2m drop net - can any boby fill me in on commercially available bait net dimensions (and if my guestimates are close) as Ive done a search of the web with no joy.

Thanks in advance - Jim

Jeremy
01-09-2004, 07:15 AM
what you have specified seems to me to be about the regular size for bait nets you can buy from retail tackle stores up here in Queensland. I'd suggest that you look up a couple of the bigger tackle stores in Brisbane or Qld and give them a call and I'm sure they will be able to help you with the exact specifications.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jim_Tait
01-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks for that Jeremy - the Ausfish reply took longer than I expected and have done as you suggested - Thanks anyway regards - Jim

C@RLO5
01-09-2004, 10:17 AM
yeh the one net u described sounds like mine, u can just buy em in tackle stores up here in QLD