PDA

View Full Version : where to go

ksg115
31-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi All
well winter is nearly over and i have come out of hibernation ;D so looking at fishing again so want to get some advice.
want to have a week away in december fishing of course but need to know where i can go that i do not need a 4 wheel drive ( just got rid of it )and there is something for a 14 year old girl to do that gets bored at the drop of a hat :-[.
ok hope you are all well and have had some good fishing
thanks
kaz

Jeremy
01-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Which part of our lovely country do you call home Karen? (ie where are you). Also what sort of fishing do you like, what sort of accomodation are you looking at? I am sure you will get some good ideas.

Jeremy

SeaHunt
01-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi Karen,
Maroochydore is a pretty good allround spot. You have Sunshine Plaza for shops cinema etc. Just throw a few hundred dollars your daughters way and send here in there for the day while you go fishing.
There are a few places to fish around that area , lots if you have a a boat.
The river , cod hole upper reaches or the mouth. The Beach or from the rock groins at Mooloolaba, or the Mooloolah river. You can hire a small boat from Swan Boat hire on the Maroochy river if you don't have one.
Otherwise I would go to Noosaville, good fishing and a few other things to do there as well.

ksg115
01-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi All again
to answer Jeremy i am in Kingaroy so looking at the sunshine coast or further up.
we have been looking at camping as you can camp nearer to the sea than hotels.
we have been to mooloolaba early this year but the camp site we wanted to go to want 2 week bookings and i only want to go fo a week
other option is to sell daughter then i don't have a prob ;D
i like any type of fishing so am not fussed where i have to sit where it be on a boat, bank or beach
ok i will keep looking
thanks guys
karen

bungie
01-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Munna caravan park at noosa is right on the river .......... good fishing ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-09-2004, 03:11 PM
karen,

rub munna point off the list for DECEMBER unless its early december #- the waiting list is huge

if you don't have luck at munna point, coolum has a very nice camping ground on the beach & close to all facilities thats a lot bigger

imnotoriginal
01-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Moreton Island for me at that time of year. You could always camp at the wrecks, you don't need a 4wd cause it's only a short walk to the resort for supplies. Plenty of fishermen round at that time of year (and hopefully fish too). Good luck.
Joel