PDA

View Full Version : New Boat / Straddie question

Render
04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Lads, forgive me... I have sinned against our gender...

For some christ-only knows reason, Render gave in to the wench.

Dammit, did years of John Wayne and Humphrey Bogart teach me nothing?? It's the thin end of the wedge - give in jussst once and next thing you know, yer b**locks will be clacking off her lugholes for earrings!

Ahh well, 'tis done now. Suppose I'd better 'fess up to what it is I gave in to the Gob-On-Legs about.

A new boat.

Gah.

One of those "ones with little sheds on the front".

A half-cabin, to the uninitiated in totty-speak. Something to hang bloody doilies and net curtains off.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice little chap. Roomy, bit of comfort up front and an Evinrude 90 up back. Great for the old social cruising and if the insanity take hold of me again, more than capable of hauling in the odd fish from.

Which leads me to the Straddie part of the post. Anyone know anything about South Straddie? 'Er indoors wants to away there next week and let's be Frank here...

Annnddd nowwwww, the end is neeeaaarrr and so I faacccee the final curttaaiinnnn...

Thanks you folks, always good to get an impression in.

Back to Straddie. I know little of the place barring the fact that it was named after the great Earl of Stradbroke, and thus is actually pronounced 'Stradbrook'. The trouble & strife has been there some years ago, but has forgotton most.

So, anyone know of any good facilities there? the plan is to kip down on the tub, but use the facilities on the island, if they exist.

And I suppose I'd better give in to the voices and ask... anyone got any - spit spit, p'tooey - fishing tips for the area?

The fine Maria was good enough to hand over some oil in the chat room a couple of days back, but any other advice you lot have would be welcome.

Ta muchly.

R

Render
07-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Humph.

Well, I managed to get some good oil off Mackmauler & Kingtin last night in the chat, as well as having me delicate sensibilities permanently scarred by 'em!

Heathen mob!

I forgot to ask those upstanding gents... anyone know the best / most secure ramp to launch from & leave the trailer overnight?

cheers,

R

SCOTTYGC
07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
try the ramp at the grand hotel nice and bigs and lots of lights
or for a small fee you could park at my place just up the rd
;D

SCOTTYGC
07-09-2004, 12:21 PM
i think the curagee camp ground has showers and toilets you could use

CHRIS_aka_GWH
07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
render,

the grand hotel ramp at the broadwater. Haven't used it myself recently but nugget (I think) used it for a trip to straddie a month or two back & had no probs. Its quite open & flood lit.

Take a crustacean encapsulation device too - the sandies start to move on the western side of south straddie as the water warms in september. Nothing beats sandcrab on toast when camping.

chris