PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Boat Show

megafish71
06-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Can anyone please tell me when the Townville Boat Show is on. Wife and kids nagging at me for a weekend away, might as well have something to do.

Cheers Ron

whitey73
06-09-2004, 01:50 PM
11th and 12th September mate. 8am till 5pm both Days

whitey73
06-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Make a donation for the Burdekin Fish Restocking for a chance to win a Navman Colour Sounder while ya there

megafish71
06-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Cheers whitey. Looks like I'm coming down to Townsville next weekend. Anyone got some ideas on a good place to stay, perhaps somewhere with an area for kids to play. Any suggestions for other things to do while in town.
Ron

Barrymundi
06-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Hi Ron,

If you are coming down are you able to fit the boat bit in around the wife and kids ?

Al

megafish71
06-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Sure can Al, just have to confirm that we are definately heading down. Will know for sure tomorrow. By the way, do you know any where decent for a couple of families to stay, as old mate china and family also looking at coming down for the weekend.
Ron

polydriver
06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
The Cluden Inn in Wulguru is not bad I have stayed there a few times.
and of course a trip to the Aquarium, which is brilliant, the Strand olong the waterfront is a great place for a picnic and for the kids to play in the water park there. check out the link for more info
http://www.townsvilleonline.com.au/

Barrymundi
07-09-2004, 01:46 AM
I will give you a call today.

Not sure about accommodation ? I have only stayed at my home, :)

Al

Mad_Barry
07-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Mate, with the kids I'd stay somewhere along the strand if possible. Take 'em for a quick walk across the road & heaps of things to keep them amused. Handy access then to the boat show too :)

Dr_Dan
07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
How come I haven't heard about the boat show??? Where is it being held? I always seem to miss it :-/

Dan

Leo_N.
07-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Its at the Entertainment centre Dan.

Yeah Megafish, the Strand is really the family place to be in Townsville these days, though if you are prepared to go that extra mile, Magnetic Island is always worth a visit.

I reckon Polydriver had a great idea with the aquarium - ReefHQ can keep the family occupied if they aren't keen on the boat show, and it's just around the corner.

megafish71
07-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Was going to check out the strand and the aquarium as well as the boat show. The whole family is into fishing and boating so probably spend a fair amount of time at the boat show on Saturday. Hmmm might be expensive Townville boat show this weekend and Cairns boat show the following weekend, oh well its only money ;D ;D
Anyway might see you guys there, any other ideas on other things to check out while we're in town. Wont have time to go over to Magmetic Island though, that will give us a reason to visit again.
Thanks for the advise.
Cheers Ron

Dr_Dan
07-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Will be there for sure. Might see some of you there. I'll be the guy looking all depressed cos have no money to spend! ;) Damn uni life!

old_mate_china
10-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Keep ya head in the books Danno - might just pay for that dream boat or dream fishing trip one day. :D :D On the other hand I have a degree and a pretty good job but still find it hard to lash out at the like s of a boat show. :-/ :-/

I hope to be able to make it to the Cairns show. ... but then again if the weathers fine and Ron has the boat ready, I might just hafta forgo the lookin and be doin a bit instead.

Cheers Lee

nonibbles
10-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Anyone have a schedule for the talks/demos?