PDA

View Full Version : Marina for Brisbane River

drevil
10-09-2004, 06:22 AM
I was reading the Boatshow booklet last night and I saw that there is a marine about to start being built adjacent to the Gateway. They said it will be a 15HA site incorporating boat builders and other associated marine business and have just over 100 12m berths and a bunch of bigger ones as well.

Sounds like an ideal compromise for those moored at Scarborough who don't get down to the southern bay much 'cos of distance and same for those at Raby bay heading north as well.

Anyone else know anything about it?

SeaHunt
10-09-2004, 06:52 AM
Havn't heard about it, but it will probably mean a lot more traffic around my fishing spots. :P

bugman
10-09-2004, 06:54 AM
I may stand corrected here but isn't that part of the overall "redevelopment" of the warves area in that area in conjuction with the nee passenger liner terminal.

Bugman

MY-TopEnder
10-09-2004, 02:43 PM
It will be a huge redevelopment... and i dare say this may have something to do with the lack of further information about the Northbank Project. Needless to say it may be a good thing but i'm still in two minda about it.

I know one of the bigger companies on the river Byron Shipyards has already bought up a big chunk of the land and will be setting up. It looks like we may see the MV Huntress in the brisbane river a bit more now days.