PDA

View Full Version : Laws for inside Marinas???

Local_Guy
12-09-2004, 04:26 PM
just wondering what laws cover the inside of marinas.

- as far as i know no one owns the area between the low and high tide mark? #is this right?
- i thought that no one could own water. even if boats use this water to get to their mooring spots.
- you can't be on the jetties provided for boats.
- so casting from in between the low and hightide mark into this area of water is fine..

is this right.?? #whats the go??

Mick-P
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
You will find that marina operators have control of the area encompassed by the marina itself. Most marinas have pontoons that are seccured to the seabed by posts and they pay a lease for this privilege. As with any lease, whether it be on land or sea, the leasee have control of the area that they pay for.

They have no control over the water outside the marina even if boats have to travel that path to enter or exit marina.

basserman
12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
i belive it to be a law of some type that all (or atleast most) marinas are a marintine santariy so their is no fishing allowed inside them not sure how true it is but every marina i have ever been too has always been NO Fishing :-/

Kerry
12-09-2004, 05:18 PM
First ;) one has to know what is law and what is bluff ;D

Cheers, kerry.

Local_Guy
12-09-2004, 05:42 PM
hehe. yeah. well. i've been fishing inside this marina for well over 3yrs now and i've never had any problems with anyone.
was told today i couldn't fish in there.
reasons being. private property
boats travel the waters between the pontoons
the land around is privately owned.

but. like i said in my first post. i thought they were valid reasons.. as long as i don't hit any boats then i'm right. i don't see how they can justify marinas are a marintine santariy when oil, fuel and other waste is being poured in there from boats.

all i'm doing is using a lure. not making any mess, hurting anyone or anything and disturbing anyone/anything.

anyway. the worst they can do is call security and ask me to leave. i'll be going back there as it's a bloody good spot :D.

EDO
13-09-2004, 05:39 AM
Where is this b@#$&* good spot?

Ha! Ha!

Local_Guy
13-09-2004, 06:16 AM
now that would be telling :D

Local_Guy
13-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Roslyn Bay Marina - Yeppoon

great this time of year for blue salmon inside the harbour.

freefish
13-09-2004, 06:53 AM
Will agree with you that fishing inside Rosslyn Bay harbour can be good but having had anchors, chain, life ring & anything that wasn't locked or bolted down stolen will agree with the marina that it is for residents only.

NeilD
13-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I must admit I wiuld rather the Bream boys keep out of the RQYS area at Manly. The Bream around there are no challenge as they are hand fed by some of the livaboards and other regulars. Also Fireline and shafts are not a great mix and we have cleared a fair bit of it off ours the last two slippings. This may have come from somewhere else but I don't see how.

Cheers Neil