PDA

View Full Version : Young rescuers at work!

MulletMan
13-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Great to see I reckon!
Duh! Pic is to big by the looks of it - will have to work on it........
Watch this space

Lucky_Phill
13-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Good onya Ian Doh !

We believe ya anyway.

Phill

subzero
13-09-2004, 05:13 PM
This is what Ian was trying to post.
Taken today, glorious morning in Morton Bay
Quandamooka Ferry about to back up and berth around the corner.

Ryan and Lisa starting to feel a little uneasy while I looked on with a smile on my face from the ramp.

CAPTION!!!!

"Oi, bl*#dy hell Lisa, where did you say this bloke drops that ramp down"

subzero
13-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Phewwww :P
Thank heavens for that [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

subzero
13-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Well maybe not so young, Ian P (Ausfish member VP3) in VP2 today in the afternoon as the winds and chop came up.... no we werent playing, (Well sort off), at times we have to make high speed runs to assist others and it is important to keep skills up to date in less than ideal conditions for when they are needed. I was with him today, and both myself and Ian are suffering for it tonight, the old back aint what it used to be for us old bu#*ers.... :o
"Am I boring you"?
Thats it
Goodnight all

el_carpo
13-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Whoa! That looks dangerous. I know speed counts in emergencies and everything but bear in mind that it only counts if you get there. :o

Be safe! :-[

subzero
14-09-2004, 01:13 AM
It might look it but it isnt if you have been trained correctly. Obviously you have to watch the direction of wind and waves, the fact that the Hallothane cells, (The rubber tubes on the sides), can act as wings and give you lift. Wave height is measured from the top of the crest to the bottom of the trough and it would have been less than a metre at the time. One thing we DONT do is risk either our boats or our crews even if it means the loss of life by not being able to get to an emergency quick enough. We are no use to anyone in an emergency if the boat is knackered or the crew is injured complicating matters further. This boat 95.8mtr Gemmeni), is the most stable and forgiving boat I have ever had the pleasure to drive. I think even Webby from Ausfish who came down to write an article for Bush n Beach was impressed with the stability and handling characteristics of our fast response boat.
Kind Regards Lloyd

subzero
14-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Oops didnt hold down the shift key all the way. Should read (5.8 mtr Gemini)

basserman
14-09-2004, 10:58 AM
LMAO@ Lloyd 95.8 meteres!
yep i would think that would be stable!

nah i agree nothing wrong with jumping a wave here or there as long as you know what your doing and have it trimed right so you don't just plumit bum first!

SeaSaw
14-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Love the pic :o Glad I wasn't there ;D

vp3
15-09-2004, 03:40 PM
It was great. YEE HAA
cheers IanP