PDA

View Full Version : Fair Suck ?

straddie
16-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Heres my suggestion for a fair distribution of fish stocks,

ABS figures - "Australians currently consume around 13 kg of fish per person per year".
As everyone owns the fishery catch should be distributed equally and everyone should be limited to only taking that amount per year each to do with their quota as they wish.

A greenie may wish to cancel their quota totally if their circumstances allow.

Gardeners using blood and bone fertilizer will have their quota adjusted to allow for fish content.

Anyone that owns a cat and feeds it a 125gm tin of fish/day app 46 kg per year will have have to purchase additional distributions at fair market value. Only 1.3 million mogeys in OZ :o

Non fishers wishing to eat fish may aquire fish by assigning their quota to anyone else and shall pay costs incurred plus a reasonable remunerative margin for them supplying said product.

Those that choose not to eat their quota may sell it on market to the highest bidder.

Those wishing to catch or eat more than their quota may bid for additional distributions at auction.

Estimated bycatch, bait, feed and damage to stocks as a result of methods used will be deducted from that quota.

What do you think? :P Everyone gets a piece of the action.

Gorilla_in_Manila
16-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Where does all the exported fish products fit in to this?
Or is that included in your 13kg allocation?
Just curious?
Cheers
Jeff

megafish71
16-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeh I'm curious too, what about the tonnes of live coral trout and all the tuna prawns, bugs scollops barra etc that are shipped off overseas every year. Where to they fit into your allocation straddie? Answer me this, why does the fish rich waters of Australia have to feed the rest of the world.
Ron

basserman
16-09-2004, 04:44 PM
who would seel it here in oz when those overseas countrys will pay the really big $$$ for the same stuff???
ever though about the eels??? most rivers have at least one eel trapper on it and almost all of the eels end up over in the japanise fish markets still alive
from what i have heard just one of the many fish markets over in japan would be as big as all of our fish markets put together

nofrills
16-09-2004, 06:10 PM
just say i caught a 25kg fish.would it be ok if i hacked off a 12kg chunk and threw it back in to be absorbed back into the ecosystem buy the bait fish that would eat it ?
::)