PDA

View Full Version : GREEN AREAS OFF GLADSTONE

NEWBY
17-09-2004, 04:29 AM
Thanks firstly to everyone who has replied to me post about Gladstone fishing spots.
Now down to business. How do you know what the green areas are when you are out in ya boat? Obviously they dont have sign posts and they seem to be expanding them all the time. Is there a map or something or do we just guess and risk prosecution? The old excuse of "I didn't know" is not going to cut it here is it? Who do I contact regarding these areas around Gladstone? ???

CQ_Fisher
17-09-2004, 05:01 AM
get a zoning map from any of the tackle shops when you get into town.

Cheers
JD

Volvo
17-09-2004, 05:17 AM
:)Aaaannndd Polmaise Reef n Erskine Island are green Zones...
Cheers

Volvo
17-09-2004, 05:23 AM
:)Talking about green Zones, there was a whisper getting around that C-map and others may have the updates for the closed zones in or by October???..Apparently it aint true as they havent been given any info themselves as yet..
BUT!!! when and if , they will be giving a holler to say C-map owners can get their maps updated
Cheers

Kerry
17-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Volvo, The Green Zone info is freely available and some systems already have it up and running. So there is really no excuse for the likes of C-Map not to actually have the zones in order.

The zones have been downloadable for Magellan systems some time ago and what's more Magellan made the updates freely available, of course one must have a Magellan to load it.

Have also had a close look at the TMQ C-Plot Zones, maybe more on this one another day :-X

There's also a full set of MapTraz files (.KAP & .MAP) which will load in oziexplorer etc. Just depends on who one talks to in GBRMPA, as some don't know these files even exist.

Cheers, Kerry.

Kerry
17-09-2004, 08:07 AM
How do you know what the green areas are when you are out in ya boat?

You will need a GPS and the maps are freely available but you can also download them. MPZ_17 covers the Gladstone area.

http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/corp_site/management/zoning/documents/mpz_17.pdf

There's no expansion with these zones, well not right now anyway :P, they wouldn't be that stupid in such a short time as they really haven't found any good/valid/factual/ reason/excuse for the current lot as yet ::).

Cheers, Kerry.

Volvo
17-09-2004, 08:51 AM
:)Kerry thank you very much for the info mate..like you said (No Excuse) , one would think that they would have allready loaded the green zones on their new C-maps..
Mine is dated August 2004 so think they woulda had the info by now....
Commin to think of it might just post em off another email..
You been wettin a line at all mate??...
seen the weather map for the weekend:)???..Lookin good:)...
Shoulda been out there today actually..5/10 knots in the morning [smiley=disappointed.gif]..
Cheers