PDA

View Full Version : vhf radio- whats the best brand?

damons33
17-09-2004, 03:50 AM
look at getting another vhf radio, as some f@cker stole mine!
it was a gme electro phone, it was 5years old and had issues.
i looked at the ipcom waterproof jobby - has anyone one got any experience with this unit and would it be practical to plug it in and out everytime i go fishing or would a handheld unit still meet my needs?
damon
??? :-*

Streaker
17-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Damon
I recently purchased an ICOM after having issues with another brand. They seem to be a better quality unit and the ease of removal is just that. They cost a few more dollars but money well spent. Also for offshore I have now purchased the 9ft ariel and I think that is alao a good idea.
Wayne

Payneful
17-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Damon

I have just recently purchased a Navman VHF and I am very pleased with it. It is fully waterproof (and this is guaranteed). I am pretty sure it has a 2 year warranty .. and if in this time water gets it, they automatically replace it, no questions asked ... at least that was what it was told. If you are looking for value for money I think the navman is the way to go. The ICOM from what I have seen is of very high quality ...like most of their equipment ... but you pay for it.

Just my 2 cents worth

Sam.

Heath
17-09-2004, 07:51 AM
I've got the Icom M45, fantastic unit.

Any device suffers from being pulled in & out if the connections are not upto it. If you put plugs on the power leads instead of bullet connectors you should be right.

reefraider_II
17-09-2004, 01:17 PM
bought a navman 7000 the other day cant complain excellent unit well priced for my type of fishing(ie dont own a charter boat) unit was $270 and aerial was 69 i think great unit fully optioned with gps plug in option