PDA

View Full Version : Coffs HOT CURRENT 18th-21th sept

MrLuminous
17-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey all
I will be fishing the Coffs Harbour Hot Current tournament and will have daily updates on whats being caught and what not
Cheers
Will Post pics if i can take them on my camera
Cheers
Martin
Member CHGFC

Gorilla_in_Manila
18-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Hi Martin,
Could you give a few more details about what the comp is about?
i.e. onshore / offshore / target species / number of entrants expected / etc.
Cheers
Jeff

MrLuminous
18-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey Jeff
Yes the comp starts TOMORROW and im all GGGGGGGd up.
There are 49 boats and around 180 competitors fishing
I did post and advertisement about a month ago up but entries closed tonight FRiDAY It is a GREAT comp and targets Marlin, Tunas Shark and all other gamefishes
last year there were 52 boats and had a reasonable year
This year the water is colder than usual but there is news of some comin down VERY soon, so hopefully they'll bring some good fish
I'll Keep everyone posted in here with daily updates
Cheers Fishos
Martin

Gorilla_in_Manila
19-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Thanks Martin.
According to the BOM you should be having nice weather for it.
(so better pack a raincoat) ;D
Looking forward to some pics.
Cheers
Jeff

MrLuminous
19-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey all
Day One
Great weather for a great tournament
It started off very quiet, with a small yellowfin being T&R by a junior angler
There were a few strikes but not many
At 10:45 fifteen minutes after THE SCOG starting burleyin they called in HOOKED UP
They hadnt seen the shark but at 4:30pm they raised and weighed in a 392kg TIGER SHARK on 15kg line, Have got pics on Digital camera but i left it on the boat.
Around 11:30 there were about 4 boats that had hooked up, and our boat was the only one out of three to "survive" 15mins. 40mins later we had raised a blue marlin approx 160kg to the surface around 20 metres away, we got it closer and wound the wind on leader on and it took off, we repeated that once more but the fish had better ideas and somehow tangled the snap swivel up and straightened it!!!! BAD LUCK!! In its first run took 3/4 of the spool of 37kg line alomost sppoled us!!!
Another boat OBSESSION T&R a Blue Marlin approx 180-200, a VERY considerable effort. Great Fish!!
There was also a 21.7kg Dolly caught on 15kg.
Cheers Fishos
Hope you enjoy my daily updates and i will include pics of shark and dolly tomorrow

Martin

MrLuminous
20-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey all
DAY Two
Well the weather gods werent too kind to us today, lumpy all day followed by gusty southerlys of around 20kts.
Not that much to say except ACRES and ACRES of bait but no fish,
Although there were 3 marlin i think were tagged.
We had a NICE dolly come up and take one of our lures and then pulled hooks, he wouldnt been pushin 25kg.
But there was one major thing today, a pending Female Australian Record Mahi Mahi, 25.9kg on 15kg, and there were reports of an estimated 27kg dolly on 24kg but ill find out more about that tomorrow.
Hopefully tomorrow will be our good day and that we can nail a few good fish.
Cheers
Martin

MrLuminous
22-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Day Three
UNFORTUNATLEY BAD WEATHER CAME and most boats were in before 12pm those who stuck out there didnt catch anything
There was a Dolly 15.4kg caught on 15kg by a junior
And a yellowfin but dont know weight

MrLuminous
22-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Day Four
Alot better weather and for some there were fish caught early,
There were approx 4-5 marlin tagged todday with one marlin being captured 91kg on 24kg line, there were 2 yellowfin which didnt weigh but came in as 28kg on 37kg.
Will get all reslts hopefully tonight with all pics that i get on within the next week
Cheers
Martin

mackmauler
22-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Great to hear the colder water didnt shut it down for you Martin, some fine fish there, havnt seen 20 kg plus dolphin up here in a while!
Rob

Smithy
22-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Rob,

there was a mini mini run of them on the Gold Coast on the wide grounds during August. Know of at least 3 well over 20kgs caught by a couple of boats.