PDA

View Full Version : GLADSTONE FISHING

NEWBY
16-09-2004, 05:09 AM
I am going to Gladstone for a week this coming Saturday. I have a 6.6mtr Alison. Are there any regular visitors to Gladstone or even better some locals that can give me some advice about where to fish etc. GPS Points etc. It would be a great help if you could.

NEWBY

Volvo
16-09-2004, 06:17 AM
:)Email me, would be only to happy to put you on the right spots:)..
What are you mainly after??
Cheers

BigE
16-09-2004, 06:56 AM
hey newby ;D would you believe i'm heading to happy rocks for a week this sunday... only takin me 4m tinny but ...... can't give u the spot X tho :-X as it's my first time fishin gladstone..... sounds like were both on a mission 8) .... if ya get in to em :o ph me 0402347122. ;D ;D ;D

seafox
16-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Newby are you looking for a crew as well send me a pm and like Volvo would be only to happy to help you out or give me a ring on 07 49738845

Hey Volvo where are you from

Cheers
Jeff

Volvo
16-09-2004, 11:56 AM
:)Right here in Gladstone jeff..
Cheers

Needmorerum
23-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Another one who has been lurking from the CQ area. What type of boat do you have Volvo? Do you do a bit of fishing outside or mainly up the creeks?

Have to get you together with a few of us that have been venturing out.

Speaking of, Seafox... Bladerunner, any of you guys interested in Saturday. If the weathers good, which I think at this stage it is looking to be, myself and JD are going to head out on Saturday. Probably an early one, not sure where to, Masthead, maybe do over a couple of the wrecks. Let us know what you're up to.

Corry

seafox
24-09-2004, 05:02 AM
Cory you have changed your handle I will give Newby a ring to night and see if he is up to a trip on Saturday Masthead is out of reach for my boat heron island only blowing about 5 knots at the moment check this site out it gives you an hourly update of current weather details
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60602.shtml

CQ_Fisher
24-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Bring on Saturday!! The inlaws are coming Saturday morning and guess who will be out fishing all day ;D

Cheers
JD

Volvo
24-09-2004, 08:46 AM
:)Corry, six metre Aluminium Assasin craft..mainly for offshore fishing ey..
Was gunna ring newby line up going outside today but got laid up in bed with this orrible Flu getting around..feck i feel awfull ey..
Good fishing tides too:), but reckon Saturday may just be the last of the good winds according to the met report??..
Cheers

seafox
24-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Volvo sorry to hear you are sick mate but Saturday looks to be the day to go do you think you will be well enough to join us
cheers
Jeff

Volvo
24-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Jeff, i'm thinking maybe friday will be the better day but according to the map it looks good.Going by the forecast , last i read i think they were talking about fifteen knots?? for saturday..
mate, way i feel at present is like "Kakka" lol..made another appointment for the Docs tomorrow plus an X-Ray of ye ole Chest..
newby know whether he wil be stting up residence here Yet??..Tell him i dropped by there a couple of days but couldnt find no-one in the office to point me in the right direction..was gunna see how he wnt last trip out??..
Cheers

seafox
25-09-2004, 04:07 AM
Volvo good luck at the doc’s spoke to Newby last night went out yesterday and done fairly well reds and parrots looks like we will be going out on Saturday. I don’t know if he will become a resident yet.

Cheers
Jeff

sharkbait
25-09-2004, 05:26 AM
Gday Fellas,

What are the close offshore options of Gladstone like, as my brother has landed his first teaching job in Gladstone, so I will be doing the trip up on weekends to visit.

Have a 14ft/40hp tinny - what are the options?

Cheers, Kris.

seafox
25-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Gday Kris
Outside fishing in a 14 footer is a bit limited you can get out to places like Jenny Lind, Seal Rocks, around Facing island and Sable Chief on good days when the wind is only blowing up to 10 knots. There is still a bit of good fishing in and around the harbor. As for the creeks and rivers I will have to leave that question up to someone else. There are a few good fisho’s around the area that are members of Ausfish and I am sure we can arrange a trip or to for you. Just put a post up when you are coming up and see what develops. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheers
Jeff

CQ_Fisher
25-09-2004, 12:30 PM
G'day Sharkbait,

Seafox is right, outside fishing is fairly limited in your tinnie but there are still a few decent places that you can get to that should prove to be fruitful on the right days. I'm still only a novice to outside fishing myself, but with the help from a few guys on here my confidence is soaring and the esky has been seeing a few too. I'm more than happy to arrange a day out when you come to visit your brother, just let us know when.

Cheers
JD

Kerry
25-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Even in the harbour it can get extremely rough with the wind and the tide against everything.

Even to get outside on the east of facing requires either the north entrance, which with an outgoing tide against the wind will stand up and fight you, especially in a 14 foot tinnie. One can encounter a similar thing around gatcombe.

Just have to pick the right days.

Cheers, Kerry.

Volvo
25-09-2004, 03:23 PM
:)Kris, ive fished locally for years and personally i wouldnt contemplate outside fishing in a 14ft Tinny, even if the weather is good as it can always change...
Like Kerry and the others have said, wind against the tide can make it quite uncomfortable even for some of the bigger Boats especially through South End or North Enterence..
Plenty of areas inside to catch a feed with safety:)..
If i can help in any way drop me an email...
Cheers

sharkbait
26-09-2004, 04:39 AM
Thanks very much fellas.

I'd say I will be up in December or January to help move his gear up from Brisbane - so I'll put up a post then.

Cheers, Kris.