PDA

View Full Version : The Fishing Party (Qld)

kc
24-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

Booth workers urgently neede right across Qld. We will provide t-shirts and how to vote cards and need rec fishos to get involved in our attempts to gain major government recognition of the importance of our sport and lifestyle.

If you are prepared to give up a few hours of your time on Saturday 9th to stand up for recreational fishing please PM me or call on 0414 785 462.

I will be travelling from Airlie to Gold Coast during the next week and would happily meet with any interested groups or individuals.

Make sure I Fish * I Vote is more than just a bumper sticker.

Regards

KC

gif
24-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Lets all show our colours on the day.

I am suggesting we wear the " uniform" of a columbia style shirt polling day?

any thoughts?

Fitzy
24-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Bloody Jack Boot Johnny had to put an election on when I'm going to a Barra Comp!
Would have been the 1st in line to help out, am locked & loaded into the comp & will have to do a postal vote.

Nothing for the Greens, Democrats or Libs for me after the Barrier Reef fiasco.

15 million is too little too late Little Johnny.

Fitz..

Hagar
25-09-2004, 07:17 AM
G'day Kev
All fisho's appreciate what you guys are trying to achieve . If anyone doubts the agenda of the greens when it comes to fishing just have a look at what is proposed down in Mono's backyard where a Dad won't even be able to take a kid on holidays down to the water and toss a prawn in for fun .

But when it comes to the ballot paper they are confusing enough as it is . As you guys are going for the Senate I am thinking this will require a lot of additional pencil work on the ballot paper to allow us to vote for the [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Fishing Party [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] . A lot of us vote ' above the line ' on this paper for simplicity . Maybe a post new post here briefly outlining what to expect on the ballot paper and how it would need to be filled in for your vote to count ( miss a box and I think it's informal ) might be helpful . Keep up the good work .

Chris

sharkbait
25-09-2004, 08:51 AM
THat's definitely a good idea - a "how to" vote for the FP.

I'm happy to help Kev, Just let me know what I have to do.

Gary, I'm not allowed to wear a columbia shirt 'cause I don't have a red scarf and a fly rod to go with it. Can I wear a smelly flanny instead?

Regards, Kris.

kc
25-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi guys, Dead easy. Just vote 1, above the line for The Fishing Party....just like any of the major parties......simple.

As to wanting to help just send me a PM with your phone number & I will be in touch. I am heading down the coast all of next week to co-ordinate booth workers etc.

Regards

KC

Hagar
26-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Easy - as K.C . It's no fun filling out the whole form . Can I take a sec. to remind everyone on the subject of this election that whether you normally vote Lib. , Labor or another party that they are ALL GUILTY OF ABANDONING FISHO'S INTERESTS in doing deals with the GREENS to get their voting support on other issues . The green party is the real silent enemy here that want to lock you out of fishing zones . They basically blackmail the other parties into implementing their dark agenda .
Chris

kc
26-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Your dead right Chris and we don't for one second want to influence, or care who, you vote for to Govern the country. That's your personal choice.

The greens, via the grubby deals done in the seante, have too much power to advance their anti fishing agenda. We absolutely need to be part of the mix.

We care about the environment too...but the greens have gone too far.

WE absolutely HAVE to send this guys a message

I Fish & I Vote is more than jst a bumper sticker.

KC