PDA

View Full Version : New Camera

bruce4x4
20-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Just brought a new camera, FinePix S3500 great camera yea haaa here comes the fish photos. Is there any thing i should know about this unit ;D Paid $400 at WoW with 16m card but upgraded to 64m for extra $50 8)

Wild_Side
20-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Great little unit just brought one myself.

Wild Side

NQCairns
21-09-2004, 11:50 AM
I got the s3000 a couple of months ago, great camera for the price, especially like the big opt zoom and old style view finder [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].nq

bruce4x4
21-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah guys great camera take photo, no like delete [smiley=laola.gif] but still [smiley=book2.gif]. [smiley=idea.gif] let old girl work it out ;D

Dug
22-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Great camera, good choice, get a bigger card though. ;D

bruce4x4
22-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Bigger than 64m ?

MY-TopEnder
22-09-2004, 04:17 PM
hehehe they are awesome camera... i have the S5000 (for sale below cost price ;D)

I have been extremely impressed with the quality of shots out of it.

bidkev
23-09-2004, 06:19 AM
Bigger than 64m ?

Yeah Bruce, depends if you are going to print your photos or not and how many you will take before you can download what's on the camera. 64 will probably do you if you're only shooting at 1 meg but if you're going away for a weekend and want to shoot quality, you probably will need a bigger one or another smaller one.

Personally, I always shoot at 3 meg.......it's nice to know that if you get a particular shot that you would like to frame at 10 by 8", then you have got the quality to do that......1 or 2 meg just won't give you the quality at that size.

I've got the 5500 by the way, and I can't fault it for the price, other than the dial being a bit loose and easy to knock off the setting you choose.

Happy snapping

cheers

kev

bruce4x4
23-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Just one question i have a symbol on my lcd which means camera shake warning now is it meant to be there and if not how do i get it of.

NQCairns
23-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Bruce it is the only downer with that camera, you cannot adjust the setting so that in low-ish light shots it will not be affected by shake, you need to use a tripod or shoot a few off and find a good shot. The only way to avoid ith problem for hand held shots is to always use the flash. There is no way around it at least on my model, I sort of expected the higher ones had the capablity to compensate either manually or auto. cheers nq

bruce4x4
23-09-2004, 03:36 PM
G'Day NQ, Yes i did notice that when the flash came on the symbol went may have to work around it :) unless someone else knows how to get it of ?!

bidkev
24-09-2004, 05:31 AM
G'Day NQ, Yes i did notice that when the flash came on the symbol went may have to work around it #:) unless someone else knows how to get it of ?!

NQ/s right mate. It's there as a warning and you don't really want to get rid of it. I think it kicks in when poor light gives you an exposure less than 1/60th second. It's such a light camera though, that I have taken photos without the flash at 1/30sec with no discernible camera shake. The only downside to the camera is it's lowest shutter speed but unless you do lots of poor light photography then this shouldn't be a problem if you're happy with the flash results.

cheers

kev

bruce4x4
24-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks alot guys I was worried there. But am happy now ;D ;D

Dug
26-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Bigger than 64m ?

Sorry Bruce I'm a photo junkie I have 2 x 1 gig cards and just got permission from the minister of finance to buy 2 more:-)!!!

Power Power more power.

I shoot professionally and took 1,700 digital images in 3 days on the last shoot + 25 rolls of film.

seriously though a 128 meg card is around $99 so have a look at getting one of them soon you will end up using it, trust me.

Volvo
26-09-2004, 09:25 AM
:)Bruce, had me worried same as you in the beginning ey..Dont worry about it..use the flash, gets rid of it plus the added advantage of clearer shots..
My only concern with these units is trying to see clearly through the viewefinder of a night shot out in the Boat..
end up aiming in the right direction and "Shoot"...Piccie comes out sharp anyhow..
Cheers

bruce4x4
26-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Thank's Guy's. Is this a great site or what. Someone has trouble with any item and put's a post up and help arrives thanks again. Will look at upgrading card as soon as spare cash arrives. ;D Not more weekend work :-/ Also just brought 2 sets of top of the range batterys plus charger so useing the flash all the time should'nt be a worry ;D ;D