PDA

View Full Version : COWBOYS & LIONS !

Black_Rat
19-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Heres to both the Cowbays [smiley=cowboy.gif] by 10 and the Lions striving for (four in a row). Well done QLD, two teams in next weeks finals. Lions against Port for the GF and the Cowbiys [smiley=cowboy.gif]to beat the show boys Roosters [smiley=clown.gif]. !!!! Lets get behind the local boys from QLD !!! [smiley=laola.gif]

Lucky_Phill
19-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Yes, a well deserved win to out Northern Friends.

And the Lions won......ugly. !

Phill

MY-TopEnder
19-09-2004, 06:51 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO

My thumb is sore from flicking over channels in the ad breaks but gees that was close watching the Lions. Poor bloody hart was a mess... and good to see old mate crackers back out there.

Also good to see that the Cowboys only ever victory over the broncs and they did it keeping them scoreless.

;D Anyway i'm pissed now so i'm outta here

Local_Guy
19-09-2004, 07:36 PM
cool. so the Lions won.. awesome. my dad is gonna be pissed. :P. hahaha.

i saw the first 1/2 of the cowboys and drongo's match. bloody awesome.
i use to barrack for the drongo's but i get the feeling that the teams is old and they need a new coach.

anyway.. here's one for the finals :D

nonibbles
20-09-2004, 04:42 AM
Bring on the roosters!

Maria
20-09-2004, 04:59 AM
I think I'll move over to Fiji for a few months to escape the media orgy that will arrise when Bennett retires. God I can see it now.

Congrats to the local boys from upstate and all the best for the finals campaign. Good to see em remind the bonko's where they come from.

Ben

Chrisso
20-09-2004, 05:18 AM
BRISBANE LIONS FOR 4 IN A ROW #:)

That was the big game, as it was last year against the swans.

Lions by about 8 goals in the GF. #;) They should turn it on. :)

Only problem I see is Shaun Hart. Injury: Had his head ripped off a couple of times #:o #:o #:o (tough nut) - Bradshaw obviously looking to put the Geelong defender in Hospital.#::)
Luke Power should be right, you would think.

Melbourne should enjoy two interstate teams playing off in the GF. #::) #I will also enjoy the day when it's Freo V West Coast. #;D

Chris

AussieMozzie
20-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Go The Mighty Lions

4 in a row here we come. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dr_Dan
20-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Don't think shaun hart will be able to back up next week. Multiple facial fractures being put back into place this morning in surgery. Will be missed!

The whole of townsville was going nuts last night. COuld here everything from my house, about 10k's from the ground! Woulda been great to be there.

Robbo_Townsville
20-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Go the Cowboys

imnotoriginal
20-09-2004, 02:46 PM
It's a pity melbourne storm lost today, i would love to have seen a cowboys-storm grand final in the league, it would have been beautiful, no victorians in the afl final and no bloody cockroaches in the nrl final. Alas, it was not to be. Go cowboys and come on lions!
Joel

cHiCo
20-09-2004, 04:59 PM
On holiday in stinkin melbourne and had to listen to the cowboys game on radio outside in 10deg weather. Shocking. Lions game was on delay aswell. Just cant win here. Hopefully all the victorian members dont bother going to the final and tickets will be on sale to the public. love to see a AFL GF

zedjack33
21-09-2004, 03:42 AM
C'mon [smiley=furious2.gif] Port.
You've done this the past few years. [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

Stop being chokers just this once please.

Gooooooooooo the Power. [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif]

where_is_dave
21-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Went to the first game against the Dogs in 95 and saw the first game against the Broncos same year with 30,000 others (the ground was only rated to 28,000 fans)

We knew they could do it just a matter of time. Go Muzza and the Boys.

Bad_Bubby
21-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Cowboys :D

Bad_Bubby
21-09-2004, 10:19 AM
;DCOWBOYS! ;D After I watched the game on t.v I went out to get some celebratory drinks. Well every second car had black and yellow streamers and I was mobbed by a dozen or so half naked runners :o. Ended up going to town after that (don't know what I was thinking.lol). It was insane out there, I saw Toni Carrol at 4am he didnt look happy. :P. Still can't believe how good the defence held up in that game.

MTpockets
22-09-2004, 09:08 AM
I have been saying for the past 3 years Bennett should retire. Lots of respect for the man but when its time to go........

All the best to the cowboys and with that kind of defence, they wont need good luck.

Go Lions...... all the way for 4inarow :)
cheers
Les

zedjack33
22-09-2004, 09:36 AM
[smiley=balloon2.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]
Go the power

el_carpo
22-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Go Bears! 21 to 10 in your home field. Take that you cheese-headed Wisconsin bast@#d$! Sorry, I just got caught up in all the excitement.

zedjack33
23-09-2004, 03:39 AM
I see the wheel is spinning, but the hamster looks dead. [smiley=behead.gif]
[smiley=argue.gif]
Now I'm starting to get into the lions den aren't I? [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]
I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my #@@.

Ahhh, it does feel better, your right el_carpo! ::) ::)
[smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]Go the POWER! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

el_carpo
23-09-2004, 06:44 AM
Huh? I'm right? What about? Yelling at Packer's fans is always right so I'll assume that's what you meant and move on.....quickly. :o

Dylan_Rylatt
23-09-2004, 09:14 AM
i'm am the biggest lions supporter ever and would love to be the second team in history to win 4 in a row....

Go you good thing

and too all those port supporters out there.
UUUUUUUU SSSSSSUUUUUUUXXXXX!@@!@!@!!@

Dylan

zedjack33
24-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Now Now Dylan_Rylatt :o

It seems that you may be somewhat sensitive toward this topic ;) I'm sorry that you disagree but I tend to go for under-dogs [smiley=jester.gif]

I don't agree that I suck (not nice JAN) [smiley=evil3.gif]

Cheers Zedjack33

PS [smiley=laola.gif]GO THE POWER [smiley=laola.gif]

craigie
24-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Elcarpo,

Mate, your almost spot on with your earlier comment - "Go the Bears" The Lions were known as the "Brisbane Bears" !! They changed the name a few years back after merging with a Melbourne team known as the "Fitzroy Lions" !!! The game will be played on Saturday 25 th Sept(Australian time), to Australians it's bigger than the Superbowl !! You may find it telecast on Cable ???

Sorry Zedjack, even our American Brothers are rooting ;D for the Lions, may the Port run out of Power ::)

Cheers
Craigie.

zedjack33
24-09-2004, 10:57 AM
:-/ [smiley=oops.gif]

el_carpo
24-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Oh, so that's it then. Thanks for the explanation Craigie. I was wondering why I got such an "enthusiastic" response to a joke that I didn't think really anyone in Australia would even "get", let alone get angry about and take personally (if, in fact, he did, I'm still not sure. Very confusing.) :o

So there was a team named the Bears but they changed to the Lions. LOL, actaully, I'm conflicted. My team, "The Chicago Bears" lost a game to the "Detroit Lions" two weeks ago. Well, as long as they were the Bears at one point in time, that's good enough for me. Sure, why not? I'll root for them. Go Lions!

Now, one more question. What sport are we talking about? ;D ;D ;D

Is it Football? Football? or Football? Yankee, European (soccer), or Australian? Or something altogether different? ;D
I have a hunch I know, but just to avoid any other confusion.

Here's a website to my local football team, by the way, just in case anyone is interested...www.chicagobears.com

Bigger than the superbowl? Wow! I'm interested in how it will turn out. I have a feeling you guys will let me (and eachother) know! ;D In fact, I'm quite sure it will be discussed at great length and with much vigor (well, by the winners anyway). ;D ;D ;D

Go Lions, I guess!

Well, whomever you're rooting for, I hope it's a good game. More importantly, I hope your tailgaiting parties go well and the food tastes great and the beer stays cold.

...And I hope that your team (whomever they may be ;)) leaves the opposing team sobbing uncontrollably for being emotionally crippled in a crushing defeat at the hands of a far superior opponent with far superior fans. That the defeat is so thorough, that the losers all give up whatever sport we're talking about here for good. Instead, taking up a more docile life raising gerbils and hamsters in the country. In fact, I hope that they are so devastated, they are unable to ever speak again about their participation in this upcoming sporting event without collapsing to the floor in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, blinking and whispering hoarsely, "The horror! The horror!" whomever they may be..... ;) ;D

Congratulations in advance to the winning team and hooray for their fans. To the losing team and their fans....therapy MAY help, fishing DOES help. Remember that and you'll get through it. Believe me, I live in Chicago. Our sports teams have perfected losing. It's like an art form. We even have a legendary curse. Look up the "curse of the billy goat" if you don't believe me (Chicago Cubs, my baseball team).

Thanks again Craigie for the clarification.

Well, my work here is done, I think. Ta for now.

E.C. 8)

el_carpo
24-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Sorry, this last post I made was being typed before I saw your post Zedjack33. #I figured there was a misunderstanding. #No problems. #I make mistakes too. #I'm glad you now know I wasn't intentionally trying to bash you and get you mad. #I was trying to bash Green Bay Packers fans and get them mad. #Totally different sport and country. ;D

marks2602
24-09-2004, 11:36 AM
go the lions
El Carpo -
i am a bit of an NFL fan, so i can understand your disappointment with the bears, i dont think i have been smiling since about the mid 90's - a 49ers fan
anyhow there u go

zedjack33
24-09-2004, 11:45 AM
El_carpo I wish to apologise for the misunderstanding.

I have a feeling that this may be me Sat arvo in drunken state :-/ [smiley=bomb.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=uhoh.gif]

I can only hope that Goliath this is your David

Cheers Zedjack33

el_carpo
Your 49ers were a juggernaut for a long time there. At least you have happy memories. My poor Bears have been the league's "whipping boy" for ages. Their last superbowl victory was in '86. Now, the Cubs on the other hand, haven't won the World Series in over 100 years!!! When I think of all the people who have been born, lived, and died without seeing a Cubs champion team...it's mind-boggling. The curse of the Billy Goat! :o It must be true!

cHiCo
El Carpo - The Brisbabe Lions play in the AFL - Australian Football League. Meanwhile the North Queensland Cowboys play in the NRL - National Rugby League. Two different sports and two different teams.

zedjack33
24-09-2004, 11:50 AM
One is cross country basketball and the other is when four guys try and ram two guys heads up one guys oops. Just kidding guys calm down! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=smug.gif]

el_carpo
24-09-2004, 11:54 AM
No appologies necessary Zedjack33. No hard feelings. No grudges. It's all good. It was a misunderstanding. I make millions of 'em. Good of you to appologise and thanks for doing so, but you don't have to. I'm glad everything's all cleared up and we're all pals again.

Good fishing.

zedjack33
24-09-2004, 11:56 AM
;D ;D [smiley=jester.gif]

el_carpo
24-09-2004, 12:01 PM
;D Cross-country basketball?! Now THAT'S a sport I'd love to watch. I'd imagine the Norwegians would be great at it though those Finns may give them a run for their money. Skiing fanatics, those Norsemen. Future olympic event?

Thanks Chico. Two different sports and teams! I knew I was confused. Rugby and Aussie Football. Which is more popular?

craigie
24-09-2004, 01:20 PM
El-carpo,

The different codes of football have a different level of "Following" dependant of which part of Australia you live in.
e.g. The southerners that live in Victoria (Melbourne) it's AFL all the way, although they most likely dispise the Lions, as they are a Brisbane (east coast based) team, from a non traditional AFL area. Australian Rules Football has only gone Australia wide as a national competition in the last 15 years or so) The Old "Brisbane Bears" were the easy beats of the competition and even considered a laughing stock by there own fans, boy how the worm has turned, Brisbane Lions are now going for the 4 th consecutive grand final win, which would rank them as the best ever and most successfull AFL team in history, we're talking about a team that rivals Jordan and the Bulls in there hey day !!!
AFL is also known as "airial pingpong" by those fools out there that have never learnt the rules. Truth is, it's a fantastic spectator sport, fast non-stop action and very physical on the body for the players.

If you get a chance have a look at a game.

Cheers
Craigie.

Black_Rat
24-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Yep I'd love to see the Lions make it 4 in a row Just to shut up 'Eddie McGuire' and his beloved Collingwood ;D
PS: you DO sux Eddie [smiley=rifle.gif]

northsboy
24-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Go the LIONS FOUR IN A ROW!!!!!!!!! Cowboys got roosters covered as well......shut ricky stuart up boys!

zedjack33
28-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Hey Craigie.

Gotta go away for work for a couple of days but I know that you and some other guy's want to have a conversation about ther outcome on Sat. ;D

Nice manners from Acker hey :P

Cheers Zeedjack33 [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

craigie
28-09-2004, 01:30 PM
G'day Zedjack,

Congrats to you and your team, a well deserved win by the Power. Too good on the day !!

Didn't see what Ackers got up too, apart from the "Facial" that lost him his free kick in front of goal, the Idiot !!!

Cheers
Craigie.