PDA

View Full Version : Make A Difference

Neale
01-10-2004, 09:40 AM
On October 9th 1 in every 5 people who walk into a polling booth will be a recreational fisher.

This is the largest participant sport in Australia and a sport being put under intense pressure by the Government as it seeks to boost its green credentials.

That we have taken a lead from some overseas sporting organisations and started to organise ourselves as a “voting block” clearly has raised eyebrows within both the major parties as they have finally developed policies for this election aimed at winning back the support of this disenfranchised group of Australian voters.

We care about the environment too….but the greens have gone too far.

Massive marine park closures, based on green politics and grubby political deals, not on any science, is our core issue.

Government and bureaucracies are ignoring the input of recreational fishers into fisheries management, while at the same time allowing our seafood to be exported in massive amounts to insatiable international markets. This is happening while Australian consumers have to consume vastly inferior imported products.

In Qld, where marine park closures have effectively banned fishing in 30% of the state including many kilometres of its beaches, the great “sleeper” of voting blocks is awakening and about to flex its considerable political muscle.

Recreational fishers and the fish buying public, for the first time, at this election, have a chance to say “I Fish & I Vote” is more than just a bumper sticker.

Regards

Kevin Collins
Senate Candidate. The Fishing Party (Qld)

Volvo
01-10-2004, 10:50 AM
:)Sat back n watched Lathems talk on the Tely last night n to be truthfull he kept winning me heart lol..Then every now n again ye ole camera would pan across to the ole bald Rocker who by chance stepped over all other labourites to take a seat beside his Royalness.. :-/ >:( well to be honest that kept undoing all of lathems supposedly sincerety.. ??? :-/ :'(.....
To know that there is more payback on the way for the greenies n if it may just be by way of more closures inshore n offshore makes my Blood Boil >:(..
C'mon KC where's them stickers lol...

nictim
01-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Boy the greens shore cop a kicking do they really have such an impact to force the closures of reefs or is it other parties ? the land clearing still seems to be out of control
I’m not one for raping & pillaging but then again that’s just me

Cheers Steve

kevy
01-10-2004, 01:12 PM
greens, metho,s all other strange pollies, turncoat garrett, spewy, who next. stick with stable management, thats my view, anyway thats the democratic way, cheers kevy.

Dug
01-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I would love to vote for the fishing party but if they exchanges preferences with one nation, pauline hanson, or the family first party the sorry but NO WAY.

gif
01-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Then vote for the Fishing Party and write down your own preferences - simple You never have to take the easy way.

Some of those parties will get less votes, and drop out or teh counting early - then their votes will come over to the Fishing Party

Party Preferences are not about who they prefer - but what mathematics will give them the best chance of getting in