PDA

View Full Version : liberal govt. wrecks

baldyhead
30-09-2004, 06:36 AM
Warren Entsch told me x fone (in a response to a letter that I wrote him a couple days previously) that his Govt, was going to create artificial reefs using old ships along the Queensland coast so that us rec fishers will have somewhere to fish now that we have lost our great barrier reef fishing spots to blo*dy green zones. He advised me that we would have one sunk out of Cairns for us to fish on.
UNFORTUNATELY he BELIEVED this codswallop tripe!
What a JOKE!!!
Just imagine if this was true... the blo*dy dive industry would immediatly have it converted to a blo*dy greenzone......
GO THE FISHING PARTY.

agnes_jack
30-09-2004, 06:41 AM
I was told that the GBRMPA will never allow any artificial reefs to be placed within the boundarys of the marine park because this would change the natural environment, even if it meant more habitat for fish.The wreck of the "karma" was a good example,they did their damdest to get it out of the marine park, but it sunk before they could! ;D ;D ;D

# # # # #Go the fishing party!!!!

hicksy
30-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Don't believe anything the liberals say. They are all like Jim Carey LIAR LIAR

gif
01-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Baldyhead - your letter had a tiny bit of truth in it.

If elected they will have $15m across Australia over 3 years available for projects of up to $100,000 each. Project submission from all sorts of groups including stocking groups, for artificial reefs river re snagging etc.

They are not going to build us reefs - but expect an allocation of just $1m to Qld a year for maybe 10 projects. If you have a good idea and submit it you may get funding but YOU do all the work, including preparing lengthy and detailed written submissions, pre approvals etc.

That is a long way from “ they will build us reefs”

Still - all Labor offered was to " protect" (close) more beaches as their way of helping the rec fisherman!

baldyhead
01-10-2004, 05:38 PM
In the past years I applied to QFS for permission to construct an FAD. The letter I received back advised me that my application had been refused. I wrote and asked on what grounds and was advised that a FAD would not bring any more fish to a given area...just concentrate the fish in that area in the one spot ie FAD.
Therefore I constructed it anyway and it works a treat and has for 20 years.
I shall be putting a lot more of them down now that I am forced to... due to the advent of bloody green zones.
Only problem is,not to put FAD where trawlers fish and to put it away from the line of travel of our REC fishin brothers.
cheers baldy