PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Fishing Club in Darwin (what to do ?)

Jewmaster
03-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Looking for some do and don'ts of trying to start a fishing club in darwin. Not looking for anyting too formal to begin with but would like to build up to running friendly fishing comps and eventually Open to all fishinhg comp with prizes and associated entry fee's ect. So if you have any info that would help..

Also calling all interested Darwin members. Want to form a informal group at first, heading out on group trips ect. Maybe need some type of newsletter or email to inform people when a group will be planning to head out and build up to a good number of people so we can run a friendly fishing comp or enter as groups into existing fishing comps. Don't need to be a ausfish member, tell your mates ect and see what we can organise, although they should already be ausfish members if they fish...

Im going to try and organise the group of fisherman and women that I know to head out on group trips ect, we have already talked about this, I would like to extend the invite to as many people as possible so if you are interested send me a PM or email me at bcav4114@bigpond.net.au if any other members are heading this way, email me also.

Not aiming to orgainse something for a month or two.

jimbamb
04-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Mate,
Good luck settin up a club.
I'm a member of a small club that is attached to the local Bowls club.There insurance covers us and saves us lots of money.We hold meetings every month.We arrange outings tentatively at the annual general meeting,then do the final organising closer to the date.That leave us scope to choose a date more suitable if required..
we send out a newsletter each month after the meeting and a reminder before each meeting,The bowls club attends to the posting for us.
We have a fundraising event each week at the club when they are doing there members draw.we raffle a seafood tray that costs around $70.Tickets are$2 and we usually make enough to help with costs of outings etc.
WE also have 2 partys each year which are partially funded by the raffle proceeds><We have lots of prawns and a BBQ plus booze.usually costs $15 a head for members.
Hope theres something usefull for u here.
P.M me if ya think i can help with any other advise

Jewmaster
04-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the reply, I will PM you when i need to ask some advice, and Im sure I will.