PDA

View Full Version : I Fish & I Want To Vote.....How About Someone

BigE
05-10-2004, 07:05 AM
can someone please post a how to vote card for the fishing party. that way all us voters/fishers can get it right and we can just cut thur all the propaganda on sat at the polling booth (and pat our fishing party rep on the back on the way out of course) lets get some senators and deal with who ever gets in from there.
many thanks BigE.............. I FISH & I VOTE...not necessarily in that order on sat. ;D ;D ;D [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif][smiley=laola.gif]

gif
05-10-2004, 08:24 AM
I can email you back a How to Vote Card g.fooks@uq.net.au

But Basically its 1 above the line on the very long white Senate Ballot paper

The Fishing Party is just over half way along - and the form seems a metre wide!
Gary

Neale
05-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Hope this helps

Fitzy
05-10-2004, 07:27 PM
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/images/HowToVote.jpg

Low res I know, but best I could get with image provided.

fitz

ssbayguide
06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Many thanks. I'm sure it will help us make an informed decision this weekend

Heath
06-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Isn't it, if a 1 is put above the line, then the vote can be counted in the preferences as agreed to by the party voted for & the party that receives the preferences?

I thought to have our vote count we would be better off numbering the boxes below the line in order of our preference.

I would also like clarification on, if a 1 is put in the fishing parties box below the line & everyone else is marked as 2, then the Fishing party & only the Fishing Party receives the vote & no preferences what so ever are carried forward.

gif
06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Heath

If you did that your vote would be deemed informal and tossed in the bin

There are ONLY 2 ways to vote. # I am talking about the long white Senate paper (95 cm long - we measured one today)

The Fishing party is only in the Senate #- where the top 6 get to represent all Qld.

So # you can vote in only #ways

1. # Put a 1 in the box above the thick line in the Party you want. # Then the preferences get allocated in a way that Party decided what was best for their election chances (NOT who they agree with the most - that is important to understand)

OR

2 # Number all the boxes below the line 1 to 50. # #Make no mistakes # - not one, or the whole vote is invalid and tossed in the bin

Do not make up any other system # # The rules are very strict.

Hope this helps. #If not call me on #0412 111 573 at any hour.

Gary

BigE
07-10-2004, 05:24 AM
many thanks gary,neale & fitzy i'll be sure to get it right and make it count........ best of luck to all invovled with the fishing party

NQCairns
07-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Ok all you political Bofins ;D who does a recfisherman vote for in the house of reps? To also achieve somwhat of a stand against (if even possible) the anti recfishing and access type partys??

It's got me confused the libs are out for their economic/social and moral gutting of the country and labour has had a few too many coats of green applied lately amongst other small things.
Without some direction the house of reps for me will probably stay a blank form.nq

gif
07-10-2004, 06:21 AM
House of Reps?

Well the Fishing Party says #- it is your decision, and please do so. # We will work with whoever you elect.

Even if they were making a recommendation it would be hard.

Here is my personal summary and opinion of the Fishing issues. # #But you have to consider #lots of other things when casting your vote.( taxes, conservation etc etc )

Liberals are the ones that cut the funding to RecFish 7 years ago and closed down 33% of the Reef and thus 1,800 klm of beach fishing. # But they were the first to come out with a rec fishing policy, and with promises of funding for RecFish and $15m #to fishing.

Labor came out second #- with a policy that has been discussed on these pages. #Promised the same funding for RecFish, but no more. # #Labor has done a deal with the Greens #- in exchange for preferences we have already seen Latham reverse his previous policy on Tasmania Timber. # # So you can expect Labor to come up with more Greens Policies over time. # Labor is traditionally more Rec Fishing friendly than Liberals #BUT Greens (and Democrats) are the most anti- rec fishing Party as far as I can tell. #So who knows what Labor with a dose of green will look like? #

Confused? # So am I.

In the end I decided to give my vote to a young guy who has done a good job and has worked very hard. #He personally impressed me so he gets my vote for that reason, but I am not unhappy he is in the L****** #party. # # ( censorship was mine #- not the monitors!)

Gary
0412 111 573

littlejim
07-10-2004, 09:43 AM
The way things are organised makes it hard too.

Looks as though recreational fishing is managed by each state, federal does other stuff.

So how you vote in state elections might be more directly important.

At least in QLD you have someone to vote for that is connected to fishing, not so here (ACT).

NQCairns
07-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks Gary and Littlejim, I just spent a few hours researching the partys and came up with nothing wothy, the Family First Party looked allright with Family Impact Statements for legislation etc until I uncovered who they really are - SCARY :o!
Think I might just vote in alphabetical order by party for the reps, my vote really aint gunna matter anyway under this system :-X .nq