PDA

View Full Version : new ramp on logan river

adrian
16-09-2004, 03:13 PM
I noticed in my travels a new boat ramp being built next to the m1 bridge . it's on the eastern side of the highway and on the southern bank at this stage #the ramp looks almost finished . the carpark is big enough for about 30 cars & trailers but no lighting at this stage the area is in a watch your car at nite place . there is no pontoon there , but looks like a very small beach maybe built but not sure . the ramp is a one lane ramp but maybe two can use it , the ramp is wide enough for my wife to back the trailer down .( she's getting better but still lacks experence ) . will try to keep you guys up to date but with 2 weeks off i'll check it when i get back to work. at least some of our rego #fees is going back into things we need

anzac

CHRIS_aka_GWH
17-09-2004, 09:40 AM
jeez i wish they'd spend a few bucks doing up skinners rd ramp & increasing its security - its in a great location for the big populations of springwood, daisy hill, loganholme etc - the river gets a bit bendy after that - fuel wise its my cheapest put in point

DaneCross
17-09-2004, 10:35 AM
I agree Chris,
Up there at the M1 bridge is too far up stream for me to bother. I'd like to see security beefed up at Skinners so I can avoid the $3.50 (good for nothing) ramp charge down at Carbrook ::) What do you suggest could be done though at Skinners? Its just too isolated to do anything really, its always going to attract the low-lifes. If they developed that cow paddock though... [smiley=idea.gif]
Dane

CHRIS_aka_GWH
17-09-2004, 02:05 PM
BOVINE SECURITY SERVICES

top idea ! Got any udders dane? ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
17-09-2004, 02:20 PM
improve the ramp & car park - fence it - tender it with applications of interest incorporating 24hr caretaking. Aus is full of small business imagination.

Build the next new local cop station there.

sharkbait
17-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Dunno Dane, I've always thought the 3.50 is worth every cent - #but then again I used to live just up the road from skinners and have seen what goes on there especially at night.

Though there is something weird about Carbrook - I always feel like someone is watching me there.... Like something out of that movie deliverance # ;)

I wouldnt even consider leaving my car at skinners unless Chris's plan above was put in place, but then, wouldn't it be the same as Carbrook? You'd have to pay, for sure ...

Maybe the cop station idea is the go - must be like a second home for them already #;D

Cheers, Kris

DaneCross
18-09-2004, 06:21 AM
BOVINE SECURITY SERVICES

top idea ! Got any udders dane? ;D
LMAO Chris [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] The ramp definitly needs fixing up though, its narrow, no place to park the boat while you get the car, etc. Last time I put in there, I half expected to push the boat off the trailer and have it bash into a stolen car ditched in the river :D

Kris - I call the $3.50 good for nothing just because I don't see what I get out of paying it :-/ I spose its peace of mind, having someone supposedly watching over your car :-/ I know exactly what you're saying about someone seemingly watching you, especially when I turn up and have two blokes carrying me from the car and lifting me into the boat, it is quite a spectacle ;D We once arrived at the Carbrook ramp and got caught in the middle of a seige, one of the local trailer park guys was letting rounds off in his caravan cops were everywhere :o :o
As for Skinners, I admit to once being a young 17yo doing and watching others do doughnuts in the carpark late at night ::) I dare say it still happens regularly...
DC

Cloud_9
19-09-2004, 03:07 PM
yep bin gilty of the donuts thing when younger, but after rain with 4x4 what a mess, lot of fun though. took ages to clean all the mud off. ende up useing a fire hose at shopping center. ;D
oh to be young again.

Cheers Cloud 9

adrian
09-10-2004, 04:40 AM
just an update a beach has also been placed next to the ramp looks good but not open yet
anzac

CHRIS_aka_GWH
09-10-2004, 05:52 AM
just an update a beach has also been placed next to the ramp looks good

ahhhh i can see it now...

lazy summer days sweltering on the beach, cooling down with a quick dip in the pristine, turquoise waters of the logan.

is there a point break, that'd go off in a cyclone for the surfers amongst us #;D ;D ;D

chris

seriously thanks for the update anzac, I'll have gander on the way to the pin myself tomorrow