PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Filleting course

bungie
08-10-2004, 04:33 PM
List night I took my Wife and Daughter to Sam’s Seafood filleting course, were we met Hookem_Herby, and Payneful.

Stefan took the course, and did a great job. He knew his stuff and seemed to really enjoy passing it on. My daughter has a hand/eye coordination problem, but Stefan took extra time with her and showed her through it. She was wrapped :)

Have to admit there was no way I would have tried to fillet a fish at the ramp before last night, but what he showed us made it a simple and very effective way to get the most meat from the fish. Happy to fillet a fish in front of anybody now. :)

Recommend this course to everybody, its well worth the money as the one technique is usable on a large number of species.

Hookem_Herby, and Payneful are nice blokes, am defiantly gonna have to follow Payneful out to his spot X :)

Thanks again Stefan.

Payneful
08-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Would have to agree with you bungie, the course was excellent. I learnt a great deal from Stefan (thanks mate!!!). It was a real insight to the world of professional filleting!

Sam

ssbayguide
09-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Are these courses offered regularly?

imported_admin
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
ssbayguide

have a look at the following post for some more info

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=General;action=display;num=10951228 31

I might get to the November 3rd one, was trying to go to the one on Wednesday but couldn't get there.