PDA

View Full Version : **** THE GREAT BOATIES MARKET IS ON AGAIN ****

MulletMan
07-09-2004, 03:49 AM
Hard to believe but it will soon be just on six months since the last one! We have confirmed the date as:
Sunday 10th. October 5.30 am to noonVenue is:
Victoria Point State School, Colburn Avenue, Victoria Point
Standard blurb "anything from a fish hook to a cruiser"
No need to book a site as we have acres of room for everybody. $10.00 a site with unlimited size. Entry for buyers is a donation of your choosing. We will also be raffling a brand new Fisher and Paykel 5.5 kg. capacity Washing Machine valued at about $650.
Last year was the biggest and best market ever and a big thanks to Ausfish who did a super job of assisting in the promotion of the event.
Our biggest problem remains getting the word across to the Boaties so if members have mates, rellies or neighbours who would like to come down and shore up the numbers, please let them know. If anyone can help out by placing some A5 size leaflets in suitable shops or locations, just let me know and I will drop some in the mail to you.
Enquiries to Ian Fischer
0407 029 704
idf@bigpond.net.au
We like to respond to you guys for all the help and another "Free for Ausfish Members" Marine Radio Course will be announced this week sometime.
Thanks all
Ian Fischer
Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point

Wello_Pete
07-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi Ian

I am a member of the Redlands Boat Club and we are always looking for interesting things to put in the magazine, and on the notice board at the Club. If you get the information to me I'll pass it on

Cheers

webby
07-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I just hope there's no kerb side clean-ups on the southside in the next few weeks, or it'll end up at the boaties mart in the back of Phill's ute ;D
regards

Lucky_Phill
07-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Just trying to do my bit for the community Brian. ;)

What time did you say that no-one would be at your place, and by the way, where did ya leave the spare key to your shed.

The first boaties Market I attended, as a Stall Holder, was earlier this year. It went very well.

This time I'll be back again, and guess what will hold centre stage.

Yep ! The NOW Famous, " Lucky-Phill's " mackmauler slugs.

There will certainly be a HUGE consignment of other ' interesting ' stuff, including many other types of lures and terminal tackle.

Cya's there

Phill

Touchy - R.I.P.
08-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Phil,The first thing you should put up for sale is that bloody chair :-X ::) :o 8),I was thinking about getting it for Mrs Touchy 'cause I need the laughs but she has let me go fishing the last 3 w/ends in a row so she is in my good books at the moment :P.Cheers Touchy.><>

subzero
09-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Heres a map so you blokes that want a bargain can find it a bit easier.
See you there.
Victoria Point State School, Cnr Colburn Ave, and School Road
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
09-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Zoomed out a bit

Wesley_Pang
10-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Lloyd,

I'll try to make an appearance.

Keep up the good work.

Wes

subzero
10-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks Wes.
Look forward to it.
I think their might be quite a good turnout from the Ausfish guys. There were a few there last time, our own personal meet and greet ;D

DaneCross
10-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Phill,
How much are you going to be selling the Lucky-mauler slugs for??
Dane

davo
11-09-2004, 02:57 AM
I'll pencil that one in. It's only a short walk from my place

vp3
11-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Davo I wouldn't just pencil it in. The "Boaties Market" is a must. The last couple I landed some great bargins. See you there.
Cheers Ian

Lucky_Phill
13-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Bumpty Bumpty bump. Oi !

subzero
13-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency/ MROCP and MROVCP (VHF only)

To work in WITH the Boaties Market, VMR Victoria Point will be running it's last Radio course for the year.
It will start at 9.30am and run till about 3pm. (Go to the market early and then come down to the unit by 9.30am)
Cost will be $65-00, PAID ON THE DAY!!!!!.. NO PROFIT!!!
PASSPORT Photo MUST be produced on the day, Proof of identity, (Drivers License).
You get included, a full course of instruction, Marine Radio Operators Handbook, the test, and your papers sent away to be marked by the Australian Maritime College and as many coffees as you can drink to keep you awake. Then if you pass, (Very few dont), a shiny new lifetime "License" that is internationally recognised with your mug shot on it. Best of all, you get to know what you are doing on the Radio, and the fact that you get to prove to your kid's that us old farts can still learn a thing or two and pass multiple choice tests.

If you are interested, want more information, want to book, contact me (Lloyd) on 0403539485.... First in first served, we only have a small base so we can really only take about 10 people all up, and I allready have 3.

IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE YOU CAN ATTEND, tell me so and I will place you on standby for if someone pulls out at the last minute. We have to order tests in as we are not allowed to keep them and it can be a little frustrating turning people away because the course is full, and then some people dont show up. Emergencys do happen and we wont ask you to supply a note from Mum if you do have to pull out at the last minute. (Beaut weather for fishing is not a valid reason) ;D
Regards Lloyd

subzero
14-09-2004, 02:08 PM
For those of you wanting to get a bit of study in before the course and test, go to this link here. [smiley=book2.gif]

TOTALLY ignore the entire CHAPTER 11 section however. (Immarsat Systems)
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/handbook2003.pdf

For details as to pass rates, number of questions etc go here [smiley=computer.gif]
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/obtain_cert.html

If you want to check out what the multiple choice questions are based on, go here
[smiley=help.gif]
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/examinations/questions_exam_revision.pdf
Note!!!! This includes questions drawn from the entire handbook. Depending on wether you are going for the MROCP/MROVCP, (definitely not Chapter 11 Immarsat Systems) will depend on how much you have to be able to answer.
It will become an awfull lot clearer after the course ;D
Cheers Lloyd

Still some places left!!!!!!
Sunday 10th October, VMR Victoria Point

vp3
15-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Lloyd, do you still have room for one more for the marine radio course, got a mate thats interested.
Cheers

subzero
15-09-2004, 03:34 PM
3 spaces left

MulletMan
15-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I wanna do the course 2!!!

vp3
16-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks Lloyd, I'll let him know. He better act quickly it seems every one is wanting to get into the act.
Cheers

subzero
18-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Lucky_Phill, I will see if we can put you directly opposite us on the other side of the entrance... get the customers walking in with full pockets, and if they slip by you, you can tag them on the way back out and rob them of any change left over :o ;D

vp3
20-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Lloyd what is Lucky Phill paying you. Must be a motza to get a position like that at the "Boaties Market Victoria Point".
Cheers

subzero
21-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Sorry if this duplication of posts is annoying anyone, but I am trying to get the message around about the MROCP etc... and to be totally honest, I am trying to keep THIS post on the front page so that the boaties market sticks in everyones mind... this is a very important event for our fundraising so I am resorting to subterfuge. Hope no one is getting to annoyed.
Now for the MROCP message.

Thats it folks.... :-[ its all full up apart from those yet to contact or confirm with me their attendance...
for those 3 from this site that are waiting to make a final decision on their intentions let me know asap, i have included you in the final count.... ??? Currently I have 15, thats full capacity. ;D Any late cancellations and I will throw it open again to you guys at Ausfish
Regards Lloyd

Black_Rat
21-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Lloyd,
I'm definatelty in [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] just send you a PM
Damien.

vp3
25-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Lloyd has any one cancelled. I know a bloke who's interested.
Cheers

Lucky_Phill
26-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Jeez, it shouyld be easy to rmemebr when the Boaties market is on.

Saturday is Election Day, Sunday is Boaties market Day.

How easy is that ?

Cheers Phill

subzero
29-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Dont worry about those elections Phill, they arent important, think about how well you are going to go on the Sunday at the Market....

ScottyGC, figured out when you want to do the Radio test yet?

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-09-2004, 02:51 AM
ROLL UP ROLL UP The sight of Lucky_Phils slug is worth a gold coin entry anyday. ::) :o :o :o :o :o :o 8).T. ><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
30-09-2004, 11:50 AM
LOL Fred.

I have a new chair for ya ! NONE Rolley Polley ! ;D ;)

Phill

subzero
01-10-2004, 03:56 PM
If anyone is interested I have 1 slot just opened up tonight for the MROCP/MROVCP radio course and test through a cancellation this evening.
CONTACT ME URGENTLY if you want to fill this spot. First in first served!!!!!
This will be held on the same day as the "Boaties Market" starting at 9.30am at VMR Victoria Point

Lucky_Phill
01-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Hey Lloyd, how about running a ROPE course for us.

You know, splicing, knots, etc.

Lots of takers I reckon.

Phill

subzero
01-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Just between you and me Phill, I am about the WORST person in the unit in line work :-[, I do have 2 people on my roster that are extremely good at it however :), and one in particular can literally weave magic with lines or ropes. ;D
We have a Skippers meeting on Tuesday night and I will bring it up then, and I am sure we can organise something.... I doubt it would be this side of Xmas however as we have a lot on between now and then with fundraising... possibly it could be introduced to our next safety day...you happy to wait till early next year?????

subzero
02-10-2004, 01:53 PM
The last spot for the MROCP/MROVCP has now been filled, sorry folks, :( thanks Payneful :).

Dont forget those great bargains from the illustrious Lucky Phill etc at the market ;D, see some of you there briefly early in the am
Cheers Lloyd

Lucky_Phill
03-10-2004, 04:42 AM
I've been waiting 45 years to learn how to ' splice " so a few more months won't matter, Lloyd. ;D ;D ::)

If you visit me at the Market, be sure to let me know you are an Ausfish Member or VMR member, that may entiltle you to a discount on something I am selling. ;)

Phill

adriancorrea
03-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Youd think Phil being a moderator that he would have made this sticky by now Or cant you do that phil
might have to ask Steve?
Ill be there on sunday

Tight Lines
Adrian

subzero
04-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Payneful can you contact me urgently, you have not got back to me with the info from my pm to you.... I need to find out which of the two tests you wish to do as I have to order the papers to reach me in time for the weekend....
Please phone and leave a message on my mobile 0403539485.... MROCP (Unrestricted HF etc) or MROVCP, (VHF only)
Regards Lloyd

Lucky_Phill
07-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes Adrian, I can make it a sticky one, but I'd thought I'd wait until the week before the Market. Which I suppose is now,.

We all know what the deal is, so let's see a good turn up from The Ausfish Brigade.

Cheers Phill

PinHead
08-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Phill...I sincerely hope you are paying Sunday penalty rates for anyone assisting you...I remember that you are a true advocate of these types of penalty rates.

Touchy - R.I.P.
08-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Anyone helping Phil & asked for penalty rates gets to sit in his special chair eh Phil :-X :o ::) 8). Touchy.><>.

Black_Rat
09-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi all,
So who's going ? I'll be down for a window shop early on ::) Then it's of to see Lloyd (subzero) for the VHF course at VMR Vicky Point. I've been studying ;D should be a blast !
Damo.

subzero
09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Good on ya Damo.... dont forget the passport photo....
see you their...
cheers Lloyd

Black_Rat
09-10-2004, 05:28 PM
passport photo.......
Sh#t it's pretty ordinary, taken a few years ago.........
Beats my drivers licence mug shot though ::) :o ;D ;D
See you soon Lloyd [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

subzero
10-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Lucky Phill, I have spoken to Ian Fischer and he will arange to put you by the gate. Ask for him in the morning when you go to drive through or mention to who ever is directing the Traffic that arangements have been made to park you on the other side of the gate to us.
You can hang an Ausfish Banner on the fence if you have one and you choose to....

I have spoken to Barry O about your interest in learning how to splice etc... if you want to call in after the market he will teach you tomorrow if you wish.... only take an hour... otherwise he will run a training session for you and the Ausfish guys at a time to be arranged for around Feb or so anyhow...

Lot of calls today from interested people re Boaties Market, weather looks favourable for the event in the morning, hopefully a good turn out...
I will see you there about 6am on the way to the Base...
Hope you make a quid.
Cheers Lloyd

MY-TopEnder
10-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I'll wander on down for a look... probably stock up on some slugs and anything else that takes my fancy.