PDA

View Full Version : IT Problem - Computer Screen Swaying

Gorilla_in_Manila
09-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Not a good feeling when you're just about to log into Ausfish and your monitor starts swaying.
:o :o :o

Think I found the problem:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqinthenews/2004/uspibl/
[smiley=end.gif]

Hmm ... what's that running down my leg? :-/

skippa
10-10-2004, 03:01 AM
Yep, ur right not a good feeling.

Had a simular experience in Vanuatu a few years back. Quake hit close by causing a lot of damage. Feels weid standing on tiled floors moving like waves across Moreton Bay. Had to climb out thru a window (ie hole in the wall) Lasted for quite a few minutes, with lots of after shocks later as well. :P

Good to see you didn't loose your sense of humour. ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8)

jaybee
10-10-2004, 03:26 AM
I'd be looking for another place to live, i'm a bit scared with things like that.
cheers
Joe

Burley_Boy
10-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Remember waking up in Sydney with my bookshelf swaying away from my bed and the radio playing AC/DC "you shook me all night long"
That was the Newcastle earthquake so it can happen in plenty of places Jaybee.

subzero
10-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Got to say, I have been through quite a few earthquakes, the biggest being a magnitude 6.1. I was spraying roundup at the time in shorts, singlet, and jandles (Thongs). My legs went all wobley and I thought, hell ive poisoned myself... then I looked up at the house and saw the chimney swaying and the whole house moving.... shot inside, grabbed the kids and headed for the sanctity of the doorway... I must admit once I knew what was going on I was quite happy... this one made no sound untill it really hit, normally you can hear them coming like a freight train....
I have a mate who slept through 2 cyclones up North here in Aussy, I would be absolutely and totally freaked out if one ever came down this far... I think its what you grow up with and get used to.. consequently I will have an earthquake any day over a cyclone... As long as the building codes here do build in allowances for them!!!