PDA

View Full Version : SOUTH EAST FIRES

Dr_Dan
08-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Hope that the fires down that way end up getting contained soon. From what I've seen of the news, looks like they are only going to get worse. Lets hope that there isn't too much property lost, and there isn't anybody injured.

bay_firey
08-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Damn I hate this time of year

jaybee
08-10-2004, 01:34 PM
could turn out to be a better year if you can help on the local polling booth for the fishing party
cheers
Jow

AussieMozzie
08-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Tomorrow is looking not real good for fires if any are started. Can just hope that we get a damn good rain sometime sometime soon.

Dug
08-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I cannot believe the number of people living in fire risk areas still with rubbish on their roof and around their homes. As one Buderim real estate agent once told me as we looked at a timber house on the side of a hill, surrounded by bush with dry lantana underneath it and leaves thick on the roof, " Oh we don't get bushfires in Buderim!"

Our reply " There were a lot of people in Canberra who thought that lady"

bay_firey
11-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Auzzie

Friday was a shocker for fires, too many homes lost, but heaps more saved.

The situation was so bad that 3 task forces were sent to brissy with crews from bundaberg, hervey bay, maryborough, gympie and noosa.

Luckily a southerly change blew in on Friday afternoon that really helped and eased the dangers, for a short while.