PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Holiday Xmas/newyear

Y-Not
12-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi folks, we are planning a 2 week camping come fishing holiday for myself, my wife & 2 kids 11 & 12. We are thinking of either the Burrum Heads/Woodgate or Agnes waters/1770 areas. We will be taking the boat hoping for a little bit of reef fishing but not too far off shore as still newbies. Any Suggestions? 8)

Jeremy
13-10-2004, 04:19 AM
I have been looking into Burrum Heads as an option for a club trip next year. Seems like the mouth of the Burrum should be OK in reasonable conditions, and the Woodgate artificial reef isn't too far. Supposed to be some reasonable fishing in the Burrum river itself too.

Jeremy

Brenno
13-10-2004, 05:51 AM
woodgate is a beautiful place, spent xmas at a few years ago with the in laws, and we loved it.

one of the fishing mags did an artical on the Burrum River last year, if your interested i can photocopy it and mail it to you, just to give you an idea of what the river looks?

Mark

mini696
13-10-2004, 06:23 AM
I myself will be headed north for the X-mas period. I'll be driving to Gladstone on X-mas day, and have a couple of weeks to fish around that area. I might stay a couple of days in Gladstone and take a couple of stops on the way home. 1770, Turkey beach etc...

1770 is a very beautiful place, I've spent a few days there before. Lots of creeks, and plenty of access to some small reefs. Take the Aeroguard!! Its not the same "out of the way" place it used to be... But where is these days??

Never fished Burrum Heads so I cant compare.

Lucky_Phill
13-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Burrum is nice, as is Woodgate.

Other option in Hervey Bay.

Short drive to Burrum, Awonga Dam and Woodgate. You have the bay to fish either boat or land based, and certainly the Spotties will be out in force there at that time. Also, heading sth to River Heads gives the options of creeks etc on the inside of Fraser Island.

Holiday rentals at Hervey are cheaper than Burrum.

Just my thoughts.

Phill

Y-Not
13-10-2004, 12:17 PM
I thought the accomdation would be more expensive at Hervey Bay! We want to camp anyway, and dont like lots of people about. Is the fishing in the bay behind Fraser any better than Moreton Bay? Is there a reef there? Never boat fished that area before. The other option of Burrum Heads sounds nice too, as does 1770. Too many places, to short a time! We were thinking of moving about to several places, but tht doesnt really make for a holiday when you have to pack and unpack!
Just lookin for a quiet spot, by the beach with no sandflies and great fishin...... Dont ask for much!!