PDA

View Full Version : Bundy info

ads
10-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Greetings all,
I am new to the site and am after a bit of info regarding shore based fishing in the Bundaberg area.
All help greatly appreciated.
Cheeers
Ads

-spiro-
10-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Hi ads
I thought you where going to talk about the drink! ;D ;D ;D

Chrisso
10-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Ads I don't think many of us are from there, but you would have talked to 'Salties', the tackle shop, and I wonder if they know anyone you could catch up with.

Another thing, of you don't get much help here just post in general chat and ask for people to reply if they are from bundaberg. e.g. BUNDABERG FISHOS. :-/ You would probably best find out there. From there they may be able to give you contact details of offshore fishos in the region who may be able to help you.

Good luck mate #:-/ , it's not a bad place to fish. #:)

Chris

agnes_jack
10-10-2004, 06:37 AM
Or drive right thru Bundy and head for 1770! ;D ;D ;D

# # # # # # # Regards, Tony ;D
PS Dont buy your Bundy in Bundy, Its cheaper anywhere else in the country! ;)

ads
10-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Chris,
Thanks for the info. Will have to see what crops up. Havn't done too much fishing here yet but hope that will change soon.
Ads

ads
10-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Agnes,
About due for a trip up that way. Havn't been there since my brother sold his place up there (doofus).
I'll just stick with the VB's. That bundy is nasty stuff no matter where you buy it.
Ads

Glug
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Hi Ads, a lot of guys fish around the Port Marina try talking to a few of them. I never caught any thing but puffer fish there but some guys pull fair size ones out.

BigE
11-10-2004, 02:59 PM
hi ads my old man lives & fishes in bundy, he cacthes a good feed of bream at the ramp in nth bundy on week nites when there's not much boat traffic ;) ...... he uses a small hook and a long (10ft) rod and no weight Bait= mullet gut (he wont use anything else) :-X let em eat it and just raise the rod tip steady (if you strike you'll get cut off on the end of the ramp :'(, he uses 4LBs mono. ??? hope u get a feed ;D......... ps dont tell him i told ya he'll skin me. :-X

Morlers
11-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi Ads

I'm from Bundy and have fished the following:
-Around Kirbys Wall on the south side of the river is a good spot for bream.
-The old mollasses terminal on the northern side is good too.
-Also the rock wall around Burnett Hds Marina sometimes fishes well with chance for mackeral and tailor in season.
-Saltys or Rehbeins (both tackle shops) should be able to put you in the picture.

Hope that helps a little.

:) :)

Morlers

Brett_Finger
12-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Ads,
what type of fish re you wishing to target,and do you have a 4x4?
Hookin,Brett

ads
12-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks very much to all that have replied. Looks like I will have to get into Saltys and squeeze some info out of the guys there.

Unfortunately no 4wd and no boat. Makes life a little difficult but hey, life was not meant to be easy, and neither was fishing. Really just looking for a few spots that are relatively easy to get to and will keep my young fella and me busy for a couple hours.

Cheers
Ads

kevy
12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
yo morlers. nice of you to give ads a pointer in the right direction. still in the land of the living, & had a couple of good days & some bad ones, but thats fishing, it's the challenge that keeps us at it. all the best, kevy. :) :) :)

Brett_Finger
13-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Ads,
speak to "Tim" at saltys he sems to have a finger on what's goin on where,tell him i said g'day and if work ever slows up i'll find the time to stop and say hi!
hookin,Brett

ads
13-10-2004, 02:44 AM
G'day Brett,
Your up early mate. Thanks for the info.
I will get into Salty's as soon as I get back in town. Hows the weather doing ( I am in Mexico at the mo so am a little out of touch).
Ads

Morlers
13-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Hi Kevy
Good to hear from you. I havn't fished much since Fraser but if the weekend is kind wind wise I will be out in Hervey bay over Arch Cliffs way. I have been back to Fraser and this time I didn't get bogged. Did the tourist thing with family and daughter-in-law's Mother who was over from USA.

:) :)

Morlers

Brett_Finger
14-10-2004, 01:34 AM
ADs,
weathers good mate,bloody great in fact.
the jacks are on the chew in the creeks,lots of good fish comming out of the baffel,a mate lives in buxton,and he's sick of eating prawns,thay have been feeding live prawns into the snags and gettign jacks and big trumpters!!
a swag of Lizards still around,you know the usual,fish -fish and more fish!
Hookin,Brett ;D