PDA

View Full Version : Boaties Market Results

Lucky_Phill
11-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, the market went to plan, sunny skies, etc.

This one saw less stalls and people thru the gates than the one earlier this year. This was due to a number of factors, and it appears, probably as a coincidence, that there were conspirators to cause this. I'm sure that The Commodore will enlighten us.

Many Ausfishers visited, with Touchy being there very early and helping out. I arrived at 4.55am, and was first in the gate, which allowed me to take up prime position.

The day passed with a good roll-by of " lookers' & " buyers ". The people that were buying , knew what they were after and noted the great prices on offer. The tyre kickers missed some bargains. ::)

Ian & Lloyd, from VMR Vicky Point, made the Ausfishers feel welcome as usual, and we had around 20 plus there through-out the day.

Next time, put up a tarp...........OK ! Yes the sun was nice, BUT !

Ausfish stickers, Shads and Videos were a big seller, and the Lucky_Phill's mackmauler slugs just rounded out the shopping bag. ;)

The arrangement / relationship between VMR Victoria Point and Ausfish is blossoming, and creating mutual benefits. So at any time, please support the VMR, not only Vicky Point but ALL, volunteer rescue organisations. And Remember, the $50 associate membership with them, is the best insurance for the pleasure time on the water you'll get.

Another day where the Ausfish Banner was flying high.

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
11-10-2004, 12:05 PM
some Ausfishers.

Kev, Adam and Webby, me mate JR, with Touchy digging around for change on the right. #A happy shopper in the foreground.

fishing stuff a-plenty and the tables.

Phill

dfox
11-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Well ive done it!!! Scored my first lot of the world famous and extremely rare lucky phill slugs, im set now!! bring on the mackeral!!! Good to meet you phill already got my ausfish sticker on the ute tray. catch ya around ...foxy

snappa
11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
#::)
couldn't make it down had a suntan cruise organ-ised. :o

;D ;D ;D

jaybee
11-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Who is the guy in the blac t-shirt picking his nose, mmmm burely perhaps. ;D
cheers
Joe

imported_admin
11-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Phill

Just got home and read your post, thanks for getting rid of some of the stuff for me. Will catch up with you whenever and have a chat.

Thanks

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Yo' Shore Da Slugman Phil. :P, Touchy.><>.

bignick
12-10-2004, 04:46 AM
G'Day One and All,
The Boaties' Market has been and gone and I went there to cull some fishing gear. Many less people through the gate than in April and even fewer buyers. Couldn't understand why, at about 0940, hoardes of people were streaming out the gate until I heard the "B" word; BATHURST. By 1100 you could fire a cannon in the place and be flat out frightening anyone. With the added distraction of the election on Saturday, it made for a generally poorer turn-out than usual. Most buyers seemed to be just tyre-kicking and were intent on buying cheap stuff; ie. buy it for $10 because it was $10. I was amazed at the items people were carrying around. Oh well, maybe better luck next time with possibly more attention paid to scheduling with regard to other things going on.

Cheers,
BIGNICK.

DaneCross
12-10-2004, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the slugs Phill, can't wait to put 'em to the test.
DC

propdinger
12-10-2004, 09:37 AM
i was too sick to attend this one but my father turned up in my place....lol
he too couldn't resist phill's slugs he bought 10 (i think). i was wanting to go but finally got to sleep about when people would of been arriving so i slept through it
theres always the next one

jeff

subzero
13-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks Phill for your coments, very true...
My personal thanks to all you Ausfishers who showed up on the day to make it another relatively successfull day, (We were happy with it) although numbers were down...
bignick you are very right, Bathurst would have been one of the 2 main reasons why it wasnt probably as good as we would have expected. (We try to have the next date ready for stallholders etc as people say when is the next one on.... so generally it is set 6 months ahead... so it is not hard to get it to clash with other events that we didnt think about)...
The other reason we feel attendances were down was that all our roadside signs and banners, (6 of them) dissapeared and we know that these signs are very effective and do draw good numbers.... (Local bodies had given approval for us to erect them so it almost certainly wasnt them who took them down)...
I cant understand why this was done unless it was perhaps because some other group or comercial venture was holding a market and didnt want us detracting from their attendance numbers... VERY FRUSTRATING if this was a case of greed for profit versus fundraising for essentials....
Never mind, thats it in a nutshell, a successfull and enjoyable day was had by all.

Once again thanks to you Ausfishers for your valued support and like Lucky_Phill was saying the relationship between the 2 groups is growing and we totally agree... The BEST part is that as a result of the positive promotion by your members of Volunteer Marine Rescue services is the flow on effect to the other units and groups throughout Australia as people realise all Rescue Groups including Coastguard, Royal Coastal Patrol and so on are all volunteers and need your support, wether it be moral or financial support...
Safe boating and tight lines to you all
Kind Regards Lloyd

spaniard
14-10-2004, 05:27 AM
Well done Phill and the gang , unfortunate bout the timing of Bathurst , but I had a good time and managed to see Bathurst as well. Let you Know how John's award winning slugs go, Iam showing of the ausfish sticker proudly ;D ;D ;D.

Thanks Paul..... 8)

MulletMan
15-10-2004, 03:09 PM
This year we took a hit with the Bathurst 500, Elections, The Courier Mail not being able to fit in a free plug for us, the local rag forgetting the right day for the advertisement and the fact that the BCC has cut back the number of times we can string our 12 metre Boaties Market banner on the Storey Bridge and carindale overpass. Brownie also didn't give us a plug so all in all a shit of a market insofar as advertising went. Weirdly enough, it was the second most successful market we have ever had in terms of donations out of the last nine......!
The next one in April will be much better advertised as we get our "turn" at the above advertising spots. All in all, a great day and without AUSFISH, it would not have been as good!
We made some big bikkies out of our washing machine raffle so now have the loot to pay for our new tractor. The Gods are smiling!