PDA

View Full Version : Raby Bay fishing club boat ramp?

Fishinmishin
11-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Any members here of the fishing club that has the lock up boat ramp at raby bay. Forgot the name but lately when returing to truck from fishing the alarm indicates that it's been set off a couple of times :o. Wouldn't mind somewhere secure to leave it or better yet would love to catch the guys in the act. I'll practice my filleting(not joking) [smiley=behead.gif]. And details on becoming a member and fees would be appriciated. :)

skippa
12-10-2004, 04:16 AM
G'Day FM,

Redlands Boat Club.
PH 3821 0311, not sure on the fees.

I was down there last Wednesday and thought I had a pretty ordinary day with only a few keepers, untill I got back to the ramp and found my wallet in my car (still in full view). Strange I didn't even miss it when I was out?

Turned out to be a bloody lucky day, with everything still in my wallet.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

ken4159
12-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Fishinmishin, Membership fees for Redlands Boat Club are $155.00 per year, plus joining fee first year.

Cheers, Ken

Fishinmishin
12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Cheers for the info. :)

propdinger
12-10-2004, 12:24 PM
fees are around $370- $400 the first year and around $155 every year after that

but ring the number and ask all the questions i hear there is some spots still left

jeff

BeastMaster
12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Gidday Fishinmishin,
What would u like to know about the Relands Boat Club?
I'm a member / on the boating events committee and fishing captain . The club is open every Friday Night for dinner , the next fishing club weigh in is Sunday 24th Oct at 1.00pm and theres a Swap n Sell (boaties market ) in the compound on Sunday 31st October(all day).Just come down and say gidday and we'll give you the grand tour. Regards BeastMaster.

Y-Not
16-10-2004, 02:42 AM
We have been looking at that club too. How active is the fishing club? We are looking for an active fishing club, the lock up is a bonus. ???

moondancer
16-10-2004, 03:34 PM
G'day fishinmishin - well, you've been given all the contact and cost details for the club - I've been a member for around 5 -6 months, and am looking forward to really getting into the comps, etc. Have been down the club for a number of meetings, and an occassional friday night for a meal dished up by volunteer members - great way to meet folks and raise some funds in the spirit of fun. Suggest you come along to either the next meeting, or weigh in. If you want to chat to anyone about it before, either PM me , or anyone else who's responded - happy to bring you along! Suggestion is to meet a couple of members (you'll need them to sponsor you in) and get an application form in!

Look forward to seeing you there!

Lawry

BeastMaster
17-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Hi Y-not, The Fishing sector of the Redlands Boat Club is very strong and active.
There is a trophy nite on Friday November 5th. Your welcome to come and have a meal at the Restaurant (now professionally catered, opens at 6pm). I think its a reef and beef nite that nite. It would be be a good opportunity to meet some of the fishermen.
There is a fishing comp planned on average every 3 weeks next year.These comps are keenly contested and aim at quality rather than quantity of fish.
With a separate interclub comp and trips to likes Carlo / Rainbow , Barwons,1770 on the agenda. The club is currently setting up a web site www.redlandsboatclub.org.au which although in its infantcy may provide u with some general info about the club and how and why it was formed.
Regards BeastMaster.