PDA

View Full Version : Baffle bob's to inshore ground?

ANYFISH
16-10-2004, 03:21 PM
gday all
i am just back from a verry weedy fraser island.
too much weed to fish so i have decided to go on another trip.
i would like to try baffle creek caravan park in november.

does anybody know if there is any pelargics close to shore from the baffle. i would love to catch a spanish mackeral.

how far is it to the river mouth from baffle bobs?

are there any reefs that i can sound around and find within 10 kays from land?

is there a bar to cross at the baffle or how shallow is it?

bloddy hell can i ask any more questions.

if any body is up there in the first week in november there is a spare seat in my boat. i like to chase tunas and mackeral or reefies (if i can find em)but i don't really like keeping any. (any deckies can keep whatever they want).

thanks in advance for any info

anyfish

agnes_jack
17-10-2004, 07:20 AM
G,day Anyfish
The best bet for pelagics out of baffle is the wreck of the "Karma".
It is about 9km out from the mouth of baffle. The divers tell me that there are some very nice pelagics haging around and several schools of snapper have been sighted there recently.
Baffle bobs to the mouth would be roughly 2-3km
There are a few bits of reef within 10k's such as "fingers" extending that range a little gives you a few more options.
The baffle does have a bar and you should use caution, especialy on the lower parts of the tide.

May I suggest that you have a stack more offshore options from 1770, with pelagics including small black marlin, spanish, longtails, spotties, trevally etc as close as 200-300 metres from the bar. Better launching facilities access to shops, pub etc, and travel down to baffle for an estuary attack. Just a suggestion!

Regards, Tony ;)